フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Bhaflau Remnants II post update
Bhaflau Remnants II post update
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-24 14:09:52  
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Since I see alot of RDMs running around lately, figure i'd point out RDM/dnc runs pretty smoothly through Bhaf II if you have+want a mage option to run the zone.

This assumes you have decently skilled enhancing so spells like phalanx arent rubbish, and have requiescat WS merited to fall back on for the last bit of the boss fight.
CDC ws unlocked+ at least mix of augmented wkr/sparks/reforge level gear is recommended.

If you dont need plans and want to go through it focusing on guaranteed alex:
+ Skip all the plan NMs though the whole zone, focus on getting to the 2 ramparts on west/east sides that spawn all the reinforcement gears on 3F. Ice spikes+phalanx makes tanking them all at once (if by accident or that's how you roll) very easy.

+ On 4F just hug the wall and sneak around the longbow chariot (he's totally not worth the hassle)

+ I usually skip the NQ cerb on 4F (you have to pop NQ out of the rampart still so the HQ pops on last floor).
Kill the rampart off so you only have cerb trying to interrupt you, then just run back and forth on the port-up pad and use the floorup menu quickly. Usually takes 2-3 tries to get the timing right, but it will save the hassle of killing the NQ boss.

For boss fight, add barfire/barpara/enwater/gainMND buff, cdc+requiescat spam and stoneskin tank it, fight goes smoother than my experiences doing it on Dnc/run.

Rdm work well in AR II zone too, but I strongly recommend a good nuke set to kill the timed Armored Chariot with plenty of spare time. I usually chainspell nuke+melee it down with about a minute of spare time.

I only go RDM/THF to both AR2 and BR2. why gimp your alex to go /DNC? why skip the NQ cerb, that's missing a possible 50-99 alex. you didn't mention it, but be sure to kill the acroliths...they have a decent rate at dropping a cotton pouch. a well geared RDM doesn't need to nuke either in AR2. Haste2 makes a good RDM not to have to nuke it at all. Don't do barfire, do barblizzard and barpara for cerb. I have yet to get paralyzed. same on khim. I don't do CDC on cerb, just stick with requiescat the whole time. You'll destroy him.

Hmmmm, RDM/THF you say, eh? *evil grin*
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-29 10:39:08  
Did br2 on rdm/thf the other was awesome lol. Both cerbs melted in under 4 min. I linked 6 gears by accident on 3rd floor and only needed to cure myself once before they died. Rdm is broken in there
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-08-09 21:48:14  
I'm really not sure how notable this is, or if its new, but a few days ago in BR2 4th floor, I got a cotton coin purse from an Acrolith. Not the NM acrolith that spawns by killing both NQs at the same time. I'm talking about the Acrolith just prowling around. I'm not sure if that's new or anything, but I always thought you could only get cottons from any salvage NM.

I guess those acrolith/gear duos that need to be killed simultaneously can all drop cottons, in addition to the NMs.
By fractalvoid 2014-08-09 21:49:46  
Small note but the acroliths don't need to be killed simultaneously. Just the gears
By Aikawa 2014-08-10 00:17:13  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm really not sure how notable this is, or if its new, but a few days ago in BR2 4th floor, I got a cotton coin purse from an Acrolith. Not the NM acrolith that spawns by killing both NQs at the same time. I'm talking about the Acrolith just prowling around. I'm not sure if that's new or anything, but I always thought you could only get cottons from any salvage NM.

I guess those acrolith/gear duos that need to be killed simultaneously can all drop cottons, in addition to the NMs.
-_-... all Acrolith in salvage have a small chance to drop a Cotton coin purse
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-10 01:53:30  
Aikawa said: »

-_-... all Acrolith in salvage have a small chance to drop a Cotton coin purse

Edit: wrong zone.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-08-10 13:15:38  

The Acroliths don't need to be killed at the same time to spawn the NM. They just need to be killed. As for the triple gears, they can be killed within 5 seconds or so of each other to spawn the NM.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-10 13:33:16  
The triple gears do not need to be killed at the same time or within "x" seconds to pop the NM (nor do the Acroliths). Only condition for the gears is that you need to kill both within 2min from opening the door to the small room they're in. I've done Bhaflau II most days in the past month and never worried about killing at same time. I just do em one after the other. I've never not popped the NM.

FWIW, PUP/anything is also really good in the zone. PUP/THF+Chaac Belt for TH3 is pretty nice, and the automaton (Stormwaker head) can help with cures, nukes, and Haste II.

I've also gone THF/RUN + WHM 2box a lot with no problem at all boss killing (did that more for max TH for plans farming, since I've been working on 5/5 Usukane+1). Unda, Lunge/Swipe, toss a few Holy IIs on WHM. It's not blazing fast to kill the Cerbs, but it's easy.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-08-10 17:38:58  
I was referring to the two triple gears (which pop the triple gears NM when killed within a few seconds of each other) on the west side of 4th floor, not the 3 triple gears at the end of the floor which pop the Cerberus Rampart.
By fractalvoid 2014-08-10 17:44:19  
As long as you kill the second one before the first one's model disappears the NM gears will pop
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-10 17:58:11  
Ah, doh. I never take the west path because I've always gone East for more Ritualistic Plans. My bad, thanks for the clarification.