言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Stellar Fulcrum strategy
Stellar Fulcrum strategy
First Page 2
By Ravenn42 2014-07-07 10:02:03  
So like a lot of people I want to get a hauby. I have been doing this bcnm on Normal and the setup that my LS uses is 3xrng 1blm 1pld 1whm. We have won with this set up but there is a lot of chasing around and seems we would not be able to get to higher difficulty this way.

Is there another setup or better strategy for this bcnm? 8 wins so far on normal no body drops.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-07-07 10:16:12  
Fairly simple with a zerg setup on D, especially post-WS update. DDx3 (we like to bring at least 1 MNK for Mantra), BRD, SMN/BLM, WHM. EA/Scherzo to mitigate Light Blade damage. SMN stuns Slowga/Dispelga and nukes fetters. I like to throw out an Alexander at around 35% also. Haven't actually bothered yet, but Astral Conduit Shock Squall spam should help as well. Fight mostly depends on how well your WHM can keep up with Curagas pending how spam-happy he is with Great Wheel. With outside buffs it should take under 3 mins.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2014-07-07 10:17:48  
Is that on normal or higher?

never mind i saw the D thought u meant DD. OK i will try it.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2014-07-07 10:27:18  
Get 3-4 DD. Warrior, Sam, Mnk work best it seems although Drk works as well.

Ideally 3x Sam.

Get a summoner who knows how to play, a whm who is fast on cures and outside bards and cor.

Buff up with cor songs outside, rotate 2 bards with 1h songs (can do 1 bard if only doing difficult). You only need 1x march since soul voice + haste will cap you, 2x madrigal, minuet 5.

If 2nd bard can add Minuet 2 + 3 + 4, Scherzo

Go in the fight the summoner can do earthen armor then hastega (usually do one ouside first then 2nd inside to avoid wait for cor songs wearing).

Use perfect defense after you do 2nd summoner buff. With decent gear it should last around 45-55 seconds.

Around the 35-40 second mark depending on summoner gear whm steps up and does asylum. After PD wears all melee use their 1h if they have a defensive 1h (blood weapon, inner strength, w/e that new sam one is).

After their 1h wear, roughly 30-40% of the mob's health summoner should use astral conduit with ramuh and stun lock the mob with squall.

If it spawns an add can use ramuh under astral conduit to kill it with either chaotic or relic bp (usually takes 2-3).

Try it on normal first, it is very easy and is usually a 2 minute fight with 3 good dd and a cor. Less if you get 4 dd.

We've done this and have went like 9 wins in a row only 1 without a haub.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-07 11:54:22  
Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
Get 3-4 DD. Warrior, Sam, Mnk work best it seems although Drk works as well.

Ideally 3x Sam.

Get a summoner who knows how to play, a whm who is fast on cures and outside bards and cor.

Buff up with cor songs outside, rotate 2 bards with 1h songs (can do 1 bard if only doing difficult). You only need 1x march since soul voice + haste will cap you, 2x madrigal, minuet 5.

If 2nd bard can add Minuet 2 + 3 + 4, Scherzo

Go in the fight the summoner can do earthen armor then hastega (usually do one ouside first then 2nd inside to avoid wait for cor songs wearing).

Use perfect defense after you do 2nd summoner buff. With decent gear it should last around 45-55 seconds.

Around the 35-40 second mark depending on summoner gear whm steps up and does asylum. After PD wears all melee use their 1h if they have a defensive 1h (blood weapon, inner strength, w/e that new sam one is).

After their 1h wear, roughly 30-40% of the mob's health summoner should use astral conduit with ramuh and stun lock the mob with squall.

If it spawns an add can use ramuh under astral conduit to kill it with either chaotic or relic bp (usually takes 2-3).

Try it on normal first, it is very easy and is usually a 2 minute fight with 3 good dd and a cor. Less if you get 4 dd.

We've done this and have went like 9 wins in a row only 1 without a haub.

If you are doing D and you are using outside cheat buffs you certainly don't need a SMN for it. Better off just using another DD instead since scherzo is fine and you don't need PD.
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-07-07 12:05:02  
if it's not failing, why change it?
By Ravenn42 2014-07-07 12:07:20  
I have to let the brd In main party he has 4 songs and my ls follows him around like a puppy.
My mule can do COR outside and I have several whm in Ls.

My issue might be getting a good smn. Can I get away with a different job there if I have 2 and still win on difficult?
 Cerberus.Midgitis
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2014-07-07 12:20:20  
You can win on D with a zerg strat without a summoner but be advised it will not be as easy a win.

You could take a sch and stun lock it at the end as well as embrava/regen the entire duration.

With a 4 song brd and no 2nd brd but with cor rolls you can do tact before entering for tp, chaos/hunters for fight rolls, scherzo, march, mad x2, min 5 for songs. with embrava and haste you might not even need march not sure what the math is on that.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-07 12:27:30  
Ravenn42 said: »
I have to let the brd In main party he has 4 songs and my ls follows him around like a puppy.
My mule can do COR outside and I have several whm in Ls.

My issue might be getting a good smn. Can I get away with a different job there if I have 2 and still win on difficult?

with a good whm you can survive with scherzo only on D. Problem is the possibility of dispelling scherzo. So as midgitis says, some form of stun would be useful (although it can be very hard to stun dispelga after 50% due to occasional instant casts). depending on how fast you can zerg/how attentive is your bard on resinging it may or may not be an issue.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [113 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Nauta
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Anjou
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-10-28 17:16:13  
Hey guys sorry for the necro bump. What is the strategy for this on normal? I've seen a lot of pickup groups ask for a blm as opposed to smn. I'm completely new to this fight so any info/advice would be greatly appreciated.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-28 17:51:19  
Most SMN players couldn't nuke their way out of a paper bag, so most people go with a sch or blm to nuke the fetters that spawn and do stuns.

It's a very hard fight to do in a non zerg fashion and if you are trying to do a pickup group, its going to be even harder.

The only non zerg pickup group way i've beaten this is pld, rngx2, whm brd sch.
Have your rangers work out a shadowbind order in case the paladin dies and you can recover and win on normal.

I've died so many times to light blade right when EA/Scherzo wore/dispelled its not even funny anymore.
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2014-10-28 18:04:43  
NIN NIN GEO RDM BRD WHM = Win Difficult every time.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-28 20:51:49  
Rdm does really well in this fight. You can land basically every enfeeble, haste 2 let's you keep utsu recast low without the need for marches so nin's get all the minuets they could want, and with a mid accuracy nuke set they can one-shot fetters very quickly. Nin/war x3, whm, brd, rdm clears difficult with ease.
By Giaden 2014-10-28 21:14:55  
Doesn't he dispel enough to keep songs and haste down all the time, as well as always putting on slow? figured that would screw with nin timers pretty bad?
When we did the fight with nins, it was always a pain to keep up shadows and the timers were always messed up because of constant slow.
 Fenrir.Nauta
user: Anjou
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-10-28 22:49:09  
So for a PUG for normal, would DD/nin x3, Brd, Whm, and Rdm/Blm/Sch be a solid setup?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-28 23:21:19  
Giaden said: »
Doesn't he dispel enough to keep songs and haste down all the time, as well as always putting on slow? figured that would screw with nin timers pretty bad?
When we did the fight with nins, it was always a pain to keep up shadows and the timers were always messed up because of constant slow.

We usually have a yagrush or two around and I'm used to near constant haste rotations. Hate bounces around enough that they shouldn't take too many hits, even on difficult if they stand at max melee range they shouldn't be getting one-shotted.
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-10-29 10:03:04  
Whm,Brd,Mnk x4 all /nin. Monk rotate formless 1 @ a time on fetters until said mnk formless drops then rinse repeat, keep 3 shadows up at all time. easy fight (Difficult)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-12-21 15:19:41  
Won with my Strategy for fools.

2x PLD
BRD (3song only)
WHM
SCH
GEO

Geo uses -Eeva on the boss and +Macc on himself. SCH applies Helix for 400~ and uses Modus (around 50% landrate even on D). gravity lands on her with the +macc making great Wheels much more managable hate wise.

One PLD had 90% ACC and other had 60% Acc only. One PLD died once even.

Basically bored it to death on D. 26 minute win no 2hrs used.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-01-09 12:12:50  
Brought a better 2nd PLD this time. Cleared in 15 minutes. No 2hrs used so you can instantly go again instead of going thru the prebuff orgy waiting.

I see a ton of JP shouts lately using:

3x PLD BRD COR (BLM or SCH)

As you can see they don't even use a WHM anymore with the PLD spam strat.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-01-09 12:24:55  
I do this alot on THF PLD or Run WHM BRD and either RDM GEO BLM SCH (SCH or RDM with stun set preferred) with no outside buffs.

been able to 5 man D mode in 17 mins and with 2 thfs we hit 9 min.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-09 12:28:01  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I do this alot on THF PLD or Run WHM BRD and either RDM GEO BLM SCH (SCH or RDM with stun set preferred) with no outside buffs.

been able to 5 man D mode in 17 mins and with 2 thfs we hit 9 min.
So I take it in your 2 THF scenario they replaced the PLD/RUN? Also I assume the 6th member is the one responsible for killing fetters?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-01-09 12:34:20  
PLD or run tanks like a boss and Thf/Nin SC with tank Darkness- RDM stuns Magic, debuffs and kills fetters. THF should always WS at 2750 and should only use Trick Attack.

2thf method Thfs SC with each other and only TA pld or run. Thfs sub /nin and have a fast cast set. (RUN helps alot with that fast cast ability)

if you have two thfs and they arent SC together... yell at them...

First SC should drop him to 75-80% life.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-12 14:36:33  
What element is Light Blade? I know its some sort of Magical, because Liement just cured me. Used Foil a few times and the move flat-out missed, but just ate a few of them on RUN/nin and the damage one shot me, twice. I think I was using the wrong runes (if those even affect it). Was rotating between both V abilities, so I was taking low damage to light Blade sometimes.

Was using Tenabrae
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-12 14:57:58  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What element is Light Blade? I know its some sort of Magical, because Liement just cured me. Used Foil a few times and the move flat-out missed, but just ate a few of them on RUN/nin and the damage one shot me, twice. I think I was using the wrong runes (if those even affect it). Was rotating between both V abilities, so I was taking low damage to light Blade sometimes.

Was using Tenabrae

Tenebrae is what you should be using, but I'm pretty sure that Light Blade is hybrid damage- both magical and physical.

As a rune fencer, Swordplay can help against severe damage (once). Or have your bard slap on Scherzo or even a Carol or two.

Liement should only be used as a last resort- I'm fairly certain its effect overwrites your Valiance/Vallation and I personally would rather have that up.

Unless you have Epeolatry, then go nuts, your melee will thank you.

I would think that RUN/BLU would be more useful than RUN/NIN in this fight due to AoE spammage that makes your shadows less than useful. That, and you'd have 857 ways to snag hate back when he decides to spam Great Wheel six times in a row.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-12 15:13:36  
I was doing good with NIN sub, since its near-instant recasts on shadows fulltime. Battuta pretty much saves your *** on more than a dozen occasions, and its not nearly that difficult to maintain hate if a good THF is planting TA Rudra on you.

There are some instances where he uses dispelga/silencega RIGHT into a light blade, which is when i was killed. But Foil+Swordplay often resulted in Great wheel only hitting one shadow (sometimes was 1-3).

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with using the runes to reduce Light Blades dmg. I heard it was breath attack.

Edit: Liement was only used when HP was low and I anticipated a WS. Great Wheel wouldn't kill me, but I knew Light blade would. its effectively a one-time spell, which you can simply wait to use and the apply Vallation.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-12 15:30:49  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I was doing good with NIN sub, since its near-instant recasts on shadows fulltime. Battuta pretty much saves your *** on more than a dozen occasions, and its not nearly that difficult to maintain hate if a good THF is planting TA Rudra on you.

There are some instances where he uses dispelga/silencega RIGHT into a light blade, which is when i was killed. But Foil+Swordplay often resulted in Great wheel only hitting one shadow (sometimes was 1-3).

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with using the runes to reduce Light Blades dmg. I heard it was breath attack.

Edit: Liement was only used when HP was low and I anticipated a WS. Great Wheel wouldn't kill me, but I knew Light blade would. its effectively a one-time spell, which you can simply wait to use and the apply Vallation.

Battuta is definitely a good thing, and it's apparently the dispelga that's getting you from what I can tell.

I have used Tenebrae runes to mitigate most of Light Blade's damage, but again, it seems to be hybrid, rather like Ifrit's Flaming Crush.

I don't think it's breath damage.

One thing about Light Blade, though- if you can manage to get at maximum melee attack distance, or perhaps move back when he readies it, you will take less damage.
 Asura.Highwynn
サーバ: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-12 15:32:13  
Cone magic damage tp moves are breath attacks usually so i wouldnt be surprised if it is. Even tp moves without the word breath in their name are still usually breaths. Aa Runes would just increase chance of resist but vallation/valiance should work. Is light blade instant? Running to the flank or behind him should cut damage drastically too.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-12 15:33:14  
Asura.Highwynn said: »
Cone magic damage tp moves are almost exclusivel breath attacks, so i bet it is. Runes would just increase chance of resist but vallation/valiance should work. Is light blade instant? Running to the flank or behind him should cut damage drastically too.

Light Blade is single target.

It just feels like more if you happen to have three clones + the original all using it at once.

Note: That didn't end well at /all/.
First Page 2