Anyone Have A Puppet In Peril Strat?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Anyone have a Puppet in Peril Strat?
Anyone have a Puppet in Peril Strat?
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-30 14:10:01  
Apparently, the weakness is a secret. >_>
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-30 14:26:32  
Looking at the logs, I derped around doing 2500-low 3000s damage with AMII depending on buffs/debuffs and then he used Fire Angon and I landed one for 4600. Then he quickly used Granite Skin and my next nuke's damage probably eats his Stoneskin. Then I land a AMII for 4500. Next nuke lands for about 1/2 expected damage (probable resist). Then I land a 3800 damage Flood II followed by a 4900 Freeze II. Then he uses Blazing Angon and my damage goes back to normal.

I doubt it's associated with Fire Angon.

Also, tell from the end of the fight:
Quote:
>>GEO : Dmg: Byrth 175963(75.0%), BLM 24386(10.4%), PLD 23128(9.9%), GEO 11117(4.7%), BLM 137(0.1%)
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-30 14:48:03  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Looking at the logs, I derped around doing 2500-low 3000s damage with AMII depending on buffs/debuffs and then he used Fire Angon and I landed one for 4600. Then he quickly used Granite Skin and my next nuke's damage probably eats his Stoneskin. Then I land a AMII for 4500. Next nuke lands for about 1/2 expected damage (probable resist). Then I land a 3800 damage Flood II followed by a 4900 Freeze II. Then he uses Blazing Angon and my damage goes back to normal.

I doubt it's associated with Fire Angon.

Also, tell from the end of the fight:
Quote:
>>GEO : Dmg: Byrth 175963(75.0%), BLM 24386(10.4%), PLD 23128(9.9%), GEO 11117(4.7%), BLM 137(0.1%)

Hmm, well from what Papesse said there's clearly an exploitable weakness, and based on her also mentioning the use of Astral Conduit, the weakness would have to be either at a specific time during his phases, or when that particular window 'opens' (ie: weakness as a result of a specific TP move, etc.)

I'm also wondering how a SMN is going to handle all the adds at the start also. Obviously a DT build is needed but I'm guessing a butt load of Mulsums are as well.

If anyone has specific info on this weakness that would be great, or if Papesse could elaborate on her statement that would be even better.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-30 15:05:47  
In that case then maybe my perception of landing unresisted MPs was in fact just getting the double damage. His MDB might be high enough that my unresisted MPs are ~50% of what I do in other HTB and the double damage brings it up to what I'm used to seeing as unresisted.

Interesting.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-06-30 19:29:02  
The phases where the Lancelord takes extra magic damage happen randomly but it always occurs after a Fire Angon/Blazing Angon/Burning Memories TP move and it stop after the next Fire Angon/Blazing Angon/Burning Memories.
My Ifrit's Enfire average 178~ dmg (which suggests that Lancelord already takes increased magic damage) and jump to 267~ dmg during these phases.

His MEVA is pretty low if you compare it to any other D/VD BCNM. Before the Pet ACC/MACC update, I could already hit him for full dmg in VD with my Pet MAB set while I was stuck to 30-50% resist rates in other VD fights using a very strong Pet MACC set.

You can "carby pull" the mamools. Simple method : Call Ifrit > Assault a Mamool > one shot him with Flaming Crush > Release etc

Tidal Roar and Earthen Armor help a lot also but soloing D is really not a breeze. You should try Normal first or use trusts. Gessho/Amchuchu/Apururu/Koru can hold him a very long time as long they have Earthen Armor.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-01 08:28:09  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
The phases where the Lancelord takes extra magic damage happen randomly but it always occurs after a Fire Angon/Blazing Angon/Burning Memories TP move and it stop after the next Fire Angon/Blazing Angon/Burning Memories.
My Ifrit's Enfire average 178~ dmg (which suggests that Lancelord already takes increased magic damage) and jump to 267~ dmg during these phases.

His MEVA is pretty low if you compare it to any other D/VD BCNM. Before the Pet ACC/MACC update, I could already hit him for full dmg in VD with my Pet MAB set while I was stuck to 30-50% resist rates in other VD fights using a very strong Pet MACC set.

You can "carby pull" the mamools. Simple method : Call Ifrit > Assault a Mamool > one shot him with Flaming Crush > Release etc

Tidal Roar and Earthen Armor help a lot also but soloing D is really not a breeze. You should try Normal first or use trusts. Gessho/Amchuchu/Apururu/Koru can hold him a very long time as long they have Earthen Armor.

Thank you very much, Papesse. I appreciate the detailed explanation!

I'm looking forward to trying this out.