Anyone Have A Puppet In Peril Strat?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Anyone have a Puppet in Peril Strat?
Anyone have a Puppet in Peril Strat?
By Jadey 2014-08-01 19:19:31  
Burning Memories has a very, very long startup so anyone who is manually stunning will hit it properly every time. Even if it goes off, though, a combo of Barfira + Shell5 + MDT set (you do have Wayfarer set/Mes'yohi pants for MDT, right?) and the two water runes blunt the damage a lot.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-08-01 19:39:45  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Blazing angon is similar to beastruction, if you stun it immediately, it will still resolve

Think you mean burning memories, if you're dying to blazing angon you have no chance if burning memories get off.

Burning memories is easily manual stunned and he doesn't seem to resist stun much at all (we had a nasty run where it took us 29 mins with some twilight zombing, having stunned the whole way through i had 0 resist)

Don't think he has particularly high evasion, he does spam a defence boost move that you need a non-afk support to dispel pretty frequently (haste+ marches on bard is recommended if you use bard to finale it off)
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-01 19:44:34  
What its worth, Did this on (N) a few times with pet set up... SMNx4, COR, BST.

It was real easy, could probably pull off D if they were all 119 SMNs with good gear, but I can only attest to (N). You sleepga the Initial mobs, take them out one by one, once finished just Leviathan the boss... Leviathan takes minimal damage from Angon/Burning Memories, BST Isn't necessary, but the COR or BST could sub THF for TH and still do their duties well enough.

Alternatively, could replace the bST entirely with a THF simply for the TH, and go 4xSMN, COR, and THF.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-01 21:21:06  
I can attest a well geared THF/RUN can work just as well as MNK/RUN, SA/TA WS's aren't that bad. And you get TH for the boss.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-01 21:24:31  
You mean better.

THFs hit a lot more often than MNKs, meaning more en-damage, meaning more dot. Our WSs also do much, much more damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-01 21:30:58  
I never looked at how much the the MNK's were WS'ing for, so I refrained from saying anything about that since I wasn't sure. But yeah, the en-damage is nice with so much multi-attack.

I've only been in a couple times on THF and just going by SB results, THF is pretty competitive in there.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-01 22:16:22  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Think you mean burning memories, if you're dying to blazing angon you have no chance if burning memories get off.

It's not that we died to it, it's that we were counting on it to be stunned, so didn't jump into MDT set... and it does like 2k damage in not MDT.

It was definitely blazing angon though, didn't even see a burning memories. I was looking at the log, and clearly blazing angon was stunned, magic burst stunned in fact, however the stun wore off and the blazing angon still resolved.

As far as thf vs mnk, I had 677 swings (on thf) vs 387 mnk the only issue was stuns, literally. If stuns are on par it should be a joke.

Shout members... knowing that, kinda makes the rest irrelevant. people just really don't want to do this fight~
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-01 22:24:39  
We keep Scherzo up in this fight as well just to be safe. I'm on stun duty for this fight, though, and haven't let a Blazing Angon or Burning Memories get through yet. But just in case!
By vaness 2014-08-01 22:26:35  
Maybe I am completely blind or my whm was dispelling it before me but every.single.time I used magic final to dispel the def buff I would get a no effect message as he didn't have anything up.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-01 22:55:05  
If you think you're blind...maybe you are?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-02 18:00:27  
Would Tomahawk do ANYTHING for this fight you think?

WAR/NIN /w Tomahawk x2-3
COR/DNC steps watershots/requiescat

SCH/RDM for accession en-water instead of subbing /run on melee
BRD/BLM for stuns?
By Jadey 2014-08-02 18:34:58  
You can try it, but I would assume it does not.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-02 19:52:55  
Tomahawks description, is basically exactly for this kind of fight though...

"Special Defense Down" means that this ability will lower a mob's physical and magical damage resistance, should it have any.

Lancelord has exactly that, does it not? Some form of special DT?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
By Highwynd 2014-09-14 17:14:38  
I'd like to add, even with Fire Carol II, Barefira and Scherzo, people were eating 800-1400 from Burning Memories. Perfect Defense last 20% or so is a good idea and have people who come /RUN(if you go with /RUN DDs) to save Valiance for under 20% after PD.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
By motox11jmc 2014-10-28 18:13:31  
Easily won with WHM BRD COR RDM GEO BLM on Difficult.

Or any combination of mages who know how to nuke.. and run...
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-28 18:54:27  
I do VD with SCH SCH BLM RDM WHM BRD. RDM gravity's it, BRD does threnody and keeps everyone ballad'd. It's piss-easy. We just ping pong hate with nukes, goes down in about 15min. Everyone subs NIN cuz his ranged attacks hit for 800-900. One of the SCH swaps to stun mode below 25% which is when he starts using Burning Memories. My SCH nukes for ~500-600 with a t1 Blizzard with an above average nuke set+weather, 2.8-3.6k from a Tier 4 or Tier 5 nuke. Helix works well and so does Kaustra but never been able to land Modus Veritas.

As for melee strategy, I do Difficult with 3 BLU/RUN, BRD, WHM, COR. Used to try with MNK/RUN but BLU/RUN is vastly superior in every way due to Barrier Tusk, Self Haste II, Requiescat, and better lunge/swipe damage due to Hagondes gear. Was pulling nearly 3.2k Lunges with Undas and Requescats for 2.5-3k compared to 700-1.2k Victory Smites. With Shell V, Barrier Tusk, Scherzo(Magic Barrier/Saline Coat are optional), Burning Memories only does ~500ish, less if you use the optional spells which actually last 3min now so it's not a burden on MP or DPS. Also Vallation under 25% to help.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-28 19:50:13  
out of interest, can't you stun burning memories with a blu stun move?
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-28 20:38:30  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
out of interest, can't you stun burning memories with a blu stun move?

Temporal Shift yes. But long *** recast

Sudden Lunge - 1 ~2 casts really then reists.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-28 20:42:58  
^
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2014-10-28 22:07:18  
Cleared VD with: Burt/Aegis PLD, 99 Horn/Harp/119 Carn BRD, RDM/SCH, BLM/SCH x2, COR/RDM. Cor does Rdm/BLM roll. We had another 5 song mythic brd and cor outside too. Waited until Mini's sv songs wore lasted about 7.5 min inside. Mage had sv ballads, int etude and march inside. Good luck!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [245 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-30 10:36:53  
Slight necro bump here.

Any latest strategies involving either SMN or BST? Or low-man set ups in general?

Thanks.
 Sylph.Namonaki
サーバ: Sylph
user: Namonaki
By Sylph.Namonaki 2015-06-30 12:13:16  
GEO THF/RUN PLD

Matk down, Mdef up

(I was the GEO) Burning Memories and Blazing Angon were a joke. Kept PLD refreshed, Cure'd when necessary, Dispel'd Protect and threw some nukes out. Had THF go /RUN for AE :)

I don't know how effective BST would be, but I am sure you could bring in SMN in for the magic dmg.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-30 12:18:22  
I would imagine the Tulfaire using Molting Plumage would be best for him, since he regularly uses fire attacks and buffs himself. His defense is really high so magic attacks generally work much better. Only thing that will suck is below 25% he'll start using a move called Burning Memories that adds Amnesia, so uh, good luck with that. Could try to Amnesia him first with the Tulfaire or Cait Sith though! I think he does have a hate reset move, so you might want a tank or at least be ready to take a couple hits.

I just go RUN/SAM with whatever else mages and melees, he doesn't hit very hard.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-30 12:37:44  
Cool, thanks for the strats.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-30 12:43:32  
2 Aegisbirds with good MACC sets and rolanberry can duo D in exactly the manner you would expect.

Add COR/GEO for faster times. SMN probably works as well but I don't think SMN only would work well given that the avatars will probably get wrecked.

Edit: Amnesia from bird lands on approximately 0% of the content you would find amnesia to be useful on. Also you will time out if waiting on pentapeck. Use molting plumage only, except when applying swooping frenzy debuff.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-30 12:53:31  
Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
2 Aegisbirds with good MACC sets and rolanberry can duo D in exactly the manner you would expect.

Add COR/GEO for faster times. SMN probably works as well but I don't think SMN only would work well given that the avatars will probably get wrecked.

Edit: Amnesia from bird lands on approximately 0% of the content you would find amnesia to be useful on. Also you will time out if waiting on pentapeck. Use molting plumage only, except when applying swooping frenzy debuff.

Awesome, thanks Sath.

My BST is fully out of dust-collecting mode and I've begun building my necessary sets.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-06-30 13:04:54  
SMN can solo D but a Pet DT set is absolutely necessary. NM takes +50% magic damage at certain moments, which is a good opportunity for Astral Conduit. Inferno Howl is very effective too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-30 13:06:59  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
SMN can solo D but a Pet DT set is absolutely necessary. NM takes +50% magic damage at certain moments, which is a good opportunity for Astral Conduit. Inferno Howl is very effective too.

I have a very good pet DT build. Which moments are you referencing when there's 50% more damage?

Thanks for the input.

EDIT: Any other SMN able to offer insight into this weakness period?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-30 13:55:46  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »

I have a very good pet DT build. Which moments are you referencing when there's 50% more damage?

Thanks for the input.

EDIT: Any other SMN able to offer insight into this weakness period?

Doing magic damage for the entire fight with bird I've never, ever, ever seen him take enhanced magic damage.

He has fairly high MEVA on D. Do SMN Magical BP have resist tiers? Maybe just a case of a streak of unresisted BP?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-30 14:04:47  
He does occasionally take enhanced magical damage (+50% sounds about right) and I'm not entirely sure why.