Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 208 209 210 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-26 23:33:05  
Altimaomega said: »
Nice edits to make yourself not look like a complete and total idiot zero.

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
So 2 million new jobs, an aggressive push towards fracking by EPA with a mandate from the Obama Administration leading to an decrease in gas prices. Stock markets at a high, housing prices climbing and in your eyes things aren't booming.

Less Than 2 million jobs in four yrs, does this really need to be broke down for you to understand how horrible it is?

hahahaha Obama admin leading to a decrease in gas prices, would love to see the evidence for that.

Are you really inept enough to not understand why the stock market is high?

House prices had nowhere else to go but up, so yea prices are climbing.. Amazing!

Too bad you can't afford to buy a clue let alone a house.
But I can. I also know far more about the stock market and the economy than you can ever claim.

But hey enough self promotion and more about your assertion on gas prices not having anything to do with Policy enacted by the Obama administration:

Exhibit A: It created 600k jobs
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-25/obama-backs-fracking-to-create-600-000-jobs-vows-safe-drilling.html

Exhibit B: Highlights the intent as expressed in the 2013 SoTU
http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2013/02/12/president-obama-gets-it-fracking-is-awesome/

Exhibit C: Fracking is too strong OPEC doubles down, gas prices plummet.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/28/us-opec-meeting-shale-idUSKCN0JC1GK20141128

Booooom.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-26 23:35:25  
The recession started before Obama took office.. Wait.. You mean we can blame him for that now? I was just blaming him for doing nothing while the USA claws itself out of the hole he keeps trying to dig deeper.

So adorable, of course, Obama did nothing. Sure.

Quote:
Beware: Been banned for that. You should be alright though, because reasons..

Probably because they got tired of you claiming hypocrisy when there was none. Either way, no one minded.
By Altimaomega 2015-01-26 23:37:08  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Says the guy who has given zero sources to any of his claims. Keep living in your liberal wonderland vic.

Says the guy that has never given any sources to anything and only serves to entertain us.

Factual unemployment data

Factual Deficit Number

Factual economy growth

Hahaha you just quoted FFXI forums.. Bravo, you win the internet.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-26 23:39:04  
Yes, I don't like quote trains, pardon my courtesy. What is it you like to say, "when you have nothing, blah blah blah." Of course everyone knows when you say that, you are talking about yourself.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-26 23:44:31  
I do like one quote from your articles, Zero.
Quote:
“It’s just a blind accident, if in fact we are producing more oil or natural gas than in previous years, because it’s not because of any of his efforts,” Representative Darrell Issa, a California Republican and head of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said after the speech.
I also can't find a place where he actually used the word "fracking" in terms of supporting it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-01-26 23:45:43  
Yes, I don't like quote trains, pardon my courtesy. What is it you like to say, "when you have nothing, blah blah blah." Of course everyone knows when you say that, you are talking about yourself.
It's actually just a typo on your part (or a copy/paste error)

Says the guy who has given zero sources to any of his claims. Keep living in your liberal wonderland vic.

Says the guy that has never given any sources to anything and only serves to entertain us.

Factual unemployment data

Factual Deficit Number

Factual economy growth
first link had two spaces after the = before the hyperlink
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-26 23:48:09  
Yeah Isa is partisan as all *** and is one of the problems in the federal government. He even confirms your assertion that "they wont give him the credit".

Edit: Also, you seriously going to get into semantics in the capacity of that even though he uses the definition of fracking but doesn't say the actual word you can't recognize it for the sake of your bias?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-26 23:50:03  
Yeah Isa is partisan as all *** and is one of the problems in the federal government. He even confirms your assertion that "they wont give him the credit".

Because he doesn't deserve "the credit". He doesn't have that kind of power.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-26 23:55:38  
You saying a President doesn't have the power to push agendas that drive industry?
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-01-26 23:59:22  
If he doesn't deserve the credit, then he also doesn't deserve the blame.

And he's not solely responsible either way.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-27 00:02:40  
Bahamut.Kara said: »

That's kind of what I've been saying all along. I think his policies in general are jacked up, but you'd have better have some extremely good data to back up a statement that a president deserves premier responsibility for an economic shift. And no, short articles by Forbes don't count.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-27 00:03:28  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Because he doesn't deserve "the credit". He doesn't have that kind of power.

He doesn't have the power to affect energy prices, yet his policies are driving up the cost of energy, even though they're at near record lows...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-27 00:06:54  
Hold on, I'm confused. So you guys are saying that conservatives are hypocrites for not giving him credit when the economy is up even though they're bashing him when it's down, then immediately you say he deserves the credit for the upturn in the economy but didn't when it was low? Hmmm.

Also, newsflash: There are more factors in the economy than gas prices.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-27 00:09:01  

That's kind of what I've been saying all along. I think his policies in general are jacked up, but you'd have better have some extremely good data to back up a statement that a president deserves premier responsibility for an economic shift. And no, short articles by Forbes don't count.

Which brings us all the way back to..

I know that you want to deny all credit to Obama on the state of the booming economy, but its not going to work. Is he responsible for all of it? No. Is he responsible for part of it? Yes. You can quibble over how much of it all you like for our entertainment. You should also abandon all comparisons to Greece.

3 pages and counting of entertainment, not bad. Nobody ever said Obama deserves "premiere" responsibility.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-27 00:11:31  
Gas prices are down because of the growth in fracking and the broad effect that it is having on the market. Supply and demand too. Drill baby drill!

Not because of Obama.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-27 00:12:26  
Hold on, I'm confused. So you guys are saying that conservatives are hypocrites for not giving him credit when the economy is up even though they're bashing him when it's down, then immediately you say he deserves the credit for the upturn in the economy but didn't when it was low? Hmmm.

Also, newsflash: There are more factors in the economy than gas prices.

No, we're saying that you can't have your cake and eat it, too. Either Obama is the supreme arbiter of all things economy and should be credited with any outcome, good or bad, or he's indirectly able to influence the economy through policy and deserves at least some credit when it's up or down.

When it was low, it was all his fault, when it's up, he's got nothing to do with it.

Make up your minds, to every rational person it just sounds like you want to find any reason to complain about Obama.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-27 00:13:33  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Gas prices are down because of the growth in fracking and the broad effect that it is having on the market. Supply and demand too. Drill baby drill!

Not because of Obama.

No, prices are down because demand is down and supply is up. Most of that supply is NOT from fracking or domestic drilling, as has been explained to you over and over and over with links to credible sources, etc.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-27 00:13:55  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Either Obama is the supreme arbiter of all things economy and should be credited with any outcome, good or bad, or he's indirectly able to influence the economy through policy and deserves at least some credit when it's up or down.

Again, liberalism is a mental disorder.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-27 00:17:17  
Either Obama is the supreme arbiter of all things economy and should be credited with any outcome, good or bad, or he's indirectly able to influence the economy through policy and deserves at least some credit when it's up or down.

Liberalism is a political viewpoint, this is just common sense. It's like how you praise god when something good happens by chance and don't think to damn him when things go poorly by chance.

That's called hypocrisy...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-27 00:19:46  

Then you missed the point and the dates of the articles and what they articulated.

"The Obama administration has had an agenda to advance the industrial development of fracking since 2012. The federal government under this initiative provided incentives for companies to expand their fracking divisions. Due to this in 2014 US fracking production had such a profound effect in the global market that OPEC knowingly decided to maintain production in the face of a decrease in global demand; in an attempt to have a negative impact on the US tracking market."

Due to that chain of events gas prices have gone down. No the president & his administration are not solely responsible but are a key component and can assume some of the credit. Just like the companies that participated in the incentive programs and OPECs belligerence.

But I take it you missed the point of this was to correct another posters assertion that the administration had zero impact on the current gas prices.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-27 03:12:57  

*checks DSM* nope, try again.
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-27 03:24:56  
Remember when Obama single-handedly killed Osama bin Laden and later waved his gas price wand?

I Remember when 30 of our finest of Americas Armed Forces were murdered on 1 helicopter Aug. 6, 2011 in Afghanistan. Including the entire Seal Team 6 who were the ones who "got" Osama Bin Laden and the story was never fully explained or investigated. One of the fathers Mr.Strange said this and never received his answers.

“‘Your son changed America,’” Mr. Strange said the president told him. “I grabbed the president by the shoulders and said, ‘I don’t need to know about my son. I need to know what happened.’”

Hero's Never Forgotten link
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-27 06:37:00  

Which brings us all the way back to..

I know that you want to deny all credit to Obama on the state of the booming economy, but its not going to work. Is he responsible for all of it? No. Is he responsible for part of it? Yes. You can quibble over how much of it all you like for our entertainment. You should also abandon all comparisons to Greece.

3 pages and counting of entertainment, not bad. Nobody ever said Obama deserves "premiere" responsibility.
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'm trying to find it...nope, no outlandish statement. Simple statement: The economy is booming under President Obama. Dont like it? Disprove it. Good luck.
Wow, so you went from denying that Obama had any affect on the economy to saying that he is responsible for only part of it to now stating that he is responsible for all of it....

All in about an hour apart from start to finish too!

Good job Vic, you proved it yourself that you have no clue as to what you are talking about.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-27 06:42:39  
You know, the only piece of evidence towards Obama's policies possibly leading towards a better economy are articles saying that he "supports" fracking (without actually saying he supports fracking) during an election year. Well, he did claim that his policies doubled oil production in previous years. Anyone care to defend him on that statement?

But yet, the EPA keeps pounding regulations that not only are counterproductive, but also anti-expeditory towards fracking. Obvious support of the president, don't you think?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-27 10:41:42  
No, I didn't, I simply answered your question, then went on to prove how our economy is booming while Obama is presiding over it (an easy task), while also debunking your graph that you didn't understand. Pretty simple.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-27 11:00:18  
No, I didn't, I simply answered your question, then went on to prove how our economy is booming while Obama is presiding over it (an easy task), while also debunking your graph that you didn't understand. Pretty simple.

I'm trying to find it...nope, no outlandish statement. Simple statement: The economy is booming under President Obama. Dont like it? Disprove it. Good luck.
Wow, so you went from denying that Obama had any affect on the economy to saying that he is responsible for only part of it to now stating that he is responsible for all of it....

Good job Vic, you proved it yourself that you have no clue as to what you are talking about.
By Ramyrez 2015-01-27 11:02:45  
Jetackuu said: »
checks DSM* nope, try again.

DSM is junk science by fake doctors, Jet. You know that. Just put it down.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-27 11:07:52  

Again, you are missing the "all of it" part in my quote, because its not there, nor will it ever be. The economy is booming, Obama is the President, simple statement.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-27 11:15:45  

Again, you are missing the "all of it" part in my quote, because its not there, nor will it ever be. The economy is booming, Obama is the President, simple statement.
There, was that too hard? Need a cookie?

You know, you have yet to say what part of the economy he improved.....if, that is, what you "intended" to say. You haven't said which of his policies he had in the past 6 years was directly responsible to the growth of the economy...
First Page 2 3 ... 208 209 210 ... 1375 1376 1377