Could Someone Help Me Out With A Starter Bard Set?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Could someone help me out with a starter bard set?
Could someone help me out with a starter bard set?
By Mookies 2014-05-23 01:30:41  
I need something that will open up the door for getting gear on the other jobs I want to play, or just going to all the shout pugs I see, and bard seems to be that job.

Could anyone suggest a good starter set for bard, to get started on low level end game content, ark angel fights, and doing the burning circle battles? Money is tight, and I'm going at it solo, so those are things to take into consideration.

I've got all of the +1 af3, would probably upgrade relic to 109 as I can. I am saving to buy the JSE harp when I get a clear to unlock the crafting. Currently only have bought instruments.

Bard is fully skilled btw, I just have not had the time in the past to get the gear for it.

Thank you for any help/advice you can offer.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-23 02:09:52  
There is not secret for brd songs, just need to focus in 2 things:

- potency: by getting gear gear with "song +x" stats, this should be your basic rule, to get the most higher number of this for diferent and important songs;

- duration: by getting gear with "increase songs duration" stats. Important to avoid the trouble of recasting often, so giving you time to do others functions.

Once you have enough of those and good experience in job, you can add others tasks to your playstayle:

- debuff: by getting gear with "string/singing/wind+x" or the "magic accuracy+x";

- pre cast gear: by getting gear with "song casting-x".

Finally, once you have all this covered, you can start sets like:

- idle/dt/refresh;

- cure pot.

The first 2 points you can achieve primary for instruments, and that should be your starting point. Go to abyssea and get the ballad instrument form t2 vnm in vunkerl, then the minuet instrument from t2 vnm in misareaux, the madrigal/prelude from amon, in attohwa, pans horn from pantokrator in uleguerand. For marches, you can buy an iron ram horn while you keep working in langeleik from caeleno in bastok t4 vwnm.
For gear, focus first in getting your legs (ballad +1), body (minuet +1) and hands (marches+1). Then work for duration gear, by reforging your artifact feet, can be nq version, farming aoidos mantinee from cat in aby vunkerl, buy a legato dagger and slowly progress a marduk legs +1. Those are all the max duration you can get by gear, and will result in +7 mins songs with nitro, and thats your starting point, and the first thing you should worry.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Drygell
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: valkhyr
By Carbuncle.Drygell 2014-05-23 02:10:32  
i'd say at least finish your AF3 gear to +2 and have a look at the brd gear guide here that'll give you an idea to what you need to work towards to...
 Phoenix.Yidhra
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mhi1
By Phoenix.Yidhra 2014-05-27 10:33:36  
Derp sets for freshly abyssea burned 99 bard
Basic Idle set - Wayfarer - 3 refresh
M. Acc. -
Head - Weathespoon Corona +1
Body - Weatherspoon Robe +1
Hands - Orvail cuffs +1
Legs - Orvail pants +1