Did SE Screw Up Gardening?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Gathering » Gardening » Did SE screw up gardening?
Did SE screw up gardening?
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-07-31 14:11:42  
I've been gardening for years now, mostly elemental ore. And usually I get between 1-4 ore per 10 pots when harvesting. But lately I've been getting 0-1 ore per 10 pots. Anyone else experienced any difference in gardening?
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-31 14:12:30  
Not only that, they apparently ban you if your too good at it these days :|
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-31 14:13:02  
Most hardcore gardeners are experiencing difficulty gardening since they got banned.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-31 14:13:54  
My plants have been doing just fine.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-07-31 14:15:02  
Why the hell would SE ban you for gardening? I've been gardening on 10+ mules for years.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-07-31 14:15:51  
I have been doing onions for kabobs, and I usually get 15-17 stacks every 4 days. So I don't really see anything wrong with gardening atm.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-07-31 14:16:39  
I'm not sure. I was cruising along harvesting earth ores only and getting 3~4 per harvest, but I recently got 4 arcane flowerpots from strange apparatuses, and now I'm trying out different recipes between arcane and brass pots. From one round of planting, I got just one earth ore (no other elements, although I fed each plant two of the crystals, each crystal different for each plant.) So I don't know if I just need to do more plants and see what percentage of ores I get over several tests, or if SE nerfed it. Or if arcane are just not all they are cracked up to be.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-31 14:16:53  
Zanno said:
Why the hell would SE ban you for gardening? I've been gardening on 10+ mules for years.

They see a bunch of characters sending 100k to your main and think "wtf!"
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-07-31 14:21:12  
Ludoggy said:
Zanno said:

They see a bunch of characters sending 100k to your main and think "wtf!"

thats just stupid, since all my mules are on the same account as my main, they kinda should be able to use their brains. I'd understand if 15 chars from 15 diff accounts were sending me money regular.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-31 14:23:08  
Yeah I think it was mostly the guys with 2+ account filled with mules gardening wildgrass seeds.
If I had the extra cash I'd do that too.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-07-31 14:24:58  
Besides, I'm not sending gil from mules to my main char. I'm sendind either all the ore to 1 mule that sells them, or sending the ore to main char and sell them.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-31 14:37:27  
I tried gardening multiple time but always seem to remember to check them when they are dead ; ;
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-07-31 14:54:36  
Todays harvest gave 7 ore from a total of 100 plants, compared to the 30-40 ore I used to get from the same amount of plants. This has happen 2 times in a row now. First time I thought i was just unlucky. But its never been this bad before. And it takes forever to grow those ***. If anyone else is growing ore and have had the same result, or still get the same harvest as they used to I'd be thankful if you let me know.

instead of making millions I've been losing money :(
 Pandemonium.Nadul
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Nadul
By Pandemonium.Nadul 2009-07-31 15:03:01  
My last harvest (a week or so ago) was 2 ore in 10 pots.

/shrug

However, mine is a small sample size, and I could have gotten lucky.

Interesting side note, I have two of each flowerpot in my MH, and both ore came from the same type.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-07-31 15:45:32  
I've been using the same pots since i started. Nothing fancy just regular earthen pots bought at the NPC in windy water. Also been checking them every day. Basicly been doing everything exactly the same for a couple of years, and everything went well until these last 2 harvests :(
 Ramuh.Jadell
サーバ: Ramuh
user: jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2009-07-31 16:36:23  
Zanno said:
I've been gardening for years now, mostly elemental ore. And usually I get between 1-4 ore per 10 pots when harvesting. But lately I've been getting 0-1 ore per 10 pots. Anyone else experienced any difference in gardening?

I just did a harvest of 6 arcane pots and got more water clusters and silver leafs than i care to. Zero ore and on 50 other pots I got 1 ore.

So a lot of work and no success. Before i have gotten alot more ore. Seems something is not right.
 Pandemonium.Etolise
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Etolise
By Pandemonium.Etolise 2009-07-31 16:51:51  
I've not been getting ore either recently. Sucks :(
By Odin.Blackthanos 2009-07-31 17:11:14  
To the OP, yes I have observed a slight difference lately as well. Not enough to make me think there has been a major change in the mechanics of gardening but enough for me to notice. I've been growing wind ore and I used to normally get 1-4 ores per 10 pot set. I took a break from gardening to level some jobs and when I started back up again(3 months ago)now I get around 1-2 doing the exact same thing as before. I will do another couple of crop rotations before I even think about coming to any type of conclusions though.

As far as the gardening bans go. From what I understand it was with people who have multiple mules with multiple pots and sending all the money from the crops to one character so sounds like you are safe. SE's RMT software is setup to look for certain things happening and when it detects something the red flag goes up and the account is automatically suspended by the program. Hopefully they will fix this as it hurts just as many legit gardeners as it does RMT.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-07-31 18:38:43  
Another thing I've noticed is that Ice ore have been more sucessfull than other ore these past 2 harvests. Maybe they've changed the recipe or something :(

edit: I'd assume that if SE really did mess with gardening we'll see the price for ore more rise to more than double, or ppl will just stop growing them.
 Odin.Suotuo
user: Suotuo
By Odin.Suotuo 2009-07-31 19:33:13  
maybe SE is trying to tell you somthing quit playing the game and go out and enjoy the sunshine. p.s. try starting a real garden instead of a ingame garden much better for you in long run.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-07-31 19:42:20  
Suotuo said:
maybe SE is trying to tell you somthing quit playing the game and go out and enjoy the sunshine. p.s. try starting a real garden instead of a ingame garden much better for you in long run.

Nope, no sunshine here. and garden in an apartment = fail. lol
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-08-01 12:17:38  
any more stats on this? i was going to start gardening but not i'm not so sure i want to.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-01 12:31:53  
Suotuo said:

........... And I will go out and kill rabbits with a bronze sword. At least I'll get real life experience. Right.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-08-01 14:10:03  
Suotuo said:

You do realize that planting a garden in-game takes about 4 seconds per rl day, right? It's not like people are spending so much time on this that they can't have a real life if they do it. Also, many of us live in places where we cannot have a real garden. Just because you are not interested in the game does not mean you get to judge or be silly to people who are interested in it.
[+]
 Asura.Sidi
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-08-01 14:16:40  
Zanno said:
Suotuo said:

Nope, no sunshine here. and garden in an apartment = fail. lol

I have a garden on my 3rd story apartment! :D (Its out on the porch~ its like a jungle out there... I'm the only one I've seen in this entire complex with plants ; ; )

But um, I heard they did change some things, like growing tree saplings now from cuttings isn't as gaurrenteed as it used to be (used to be ~100% if you didnt give them crystals and checked regularly, but now you'll just as often get worms and rocksalt, etc I heard...)
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-01 14:18:01  
Sidi said:

But um, I heard they did change some things, like growing tree saplings now from cuttings isn't as gaurrenteed as it used to be (used to be ~100% if you didnt give them crystals and checked regularly, but now you'll just as often get worms and rocksalt, etc I heard...)

they were never close to 100%
 Asura.Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-08-01 14:19:09  
Ludoggy said:
Sidi said:

they were never close to 100%

Were when I used to do them, I never faillled, eveeeeeeeeeer XD
 Asura.Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-08-01 14:19:51  
But, high percentage, how about that?
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-08-01 14:20:34  
Hey, I live in a 3rd floor apartment, too! ^^ We have some houseplants, 6 of them, but our deck is too little for a real garden, plus we share the deck with the neighbors. ,~_~, I so love plants though, if we ever get a house the first thing I'm doing is planting a garden! <3
 Asura.Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-08-01 14:23:25  
Liela said:
Hey, I live in a 3rd floor apartment, too! ^^ We have some houseplants, 6 of them, but our deck is too little for a real garden, plus we share the deck with the neighbors. ,~_~, I so love plants though, if we ever get a house the first thing I'm doing is planting a garden! <3

Yeah, me too, used to garden with my mom back at home... our place is really built up (gardenwise), spend way too much on plants every year :3

Unfortunatly discovered that its a tad too hot down here for planters on the railings... so those died >.< (stupidly forgot to put a bag in to keep the water within, so it'd just drain right out, and get so dehydrated the soil was like stone, and woudlnt hold any water... so when I get time, I'll fix it and try again), but the planters are doing well, have some giant palmtree like plants (white paradise something or others XD), they make it look like a jungle :3
First Page 2