Returning Player, Endgame Question.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Returning player, endgame question.
Returning player, endgame question.
 Sylph.Breakdown
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Breakdown
By Sylph.Breakdown 2014-04-15 09:53:35  
I'm thinking about returning to this game. I stopped playing right before SoA released.

I focused on too many jobs and that is why I never really got into 1 job. My question is what jobs are really viable now in current endgame. I want to focus on 1/2 jobs at most now and get gear for those jobs instead of having 20 half geared jobs.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2014-04-15 09:59:57  
WHM, SCH, COR, BRD, RNG. Don't even need the best of the best. But if you want to D&D better have top end.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-15 10:00:28  
RNG for endgame battlefields
MNK for Delve
WHM for everything
BLU/THF/PUP/BST for farming (depends on what you are farming)
SMN for Wildkeepers Reives
PLD for everything, but you need Aegis 99 and/or Ochain 90+
BRD cause nobody likes it.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
サーバ: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-15 10:08:11  
Sylph.Breakdown said: »
I'm thinking about returning to this game. I stopped playing right before SoA released.

I focused on too many jobs and that is why I never really got into 1 job. My question is what jobs are really viable now in current endgame. I want to focus on 1/2 jobs at most now and get gear for those jobs instead of having 20 half geared jobs.
Whm - get skirmish gear and wkr club and reforge relic body. Make sure to have a good refresh set for the mp sponge kids.
Rng - if you enjoy this job, make relic... Profit.
Sam - if you make bow then gear Sam as well simply to have more dd options.
Smn - this is good to have for soloing and gives you another support option.
And then thf for making money is always good if you don't hate it like I do.
Lastly don't level bard unless you love it for two reasons. 1, any respectable links he'll will require either/or ghorn and harp(or now new harp which isn't as bad to get) and once you do have them you will perma stuck on bard if you go that route. Lastly, bard should honestly have a precast and dt set that can be inv costly unles you plan on letting songs fall a lot, not helping the whms, or dying a lot.
Edit: that's just how to get the ball rolling not really in that order I guess whm,smn,farm job,Sam,rng would be best.
 Sylph.Breakdown
By Sylph.Breakdown 2014-04-16 02:10:00  
I liked playing SAM and RNG somthat will be my first option. My WHM was decent geared as well.

Relic bow might be a problem. I do have some currency but the problem is that i was working on so many reclics/empy weapons I never got close to finishong any of the,. How much time do you think I takes to finish bow from scratch? I do have decent geared BST and I do know how to farm Dyna for currency.
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-04-16 02:15:54  
Sam is the easiest dd job to top tier gear for delve now; and it work in all zone but marja.

Easy to play/get in group job would be whm or stun sch
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-16 02:19:04  
Don't do bard or if you do screw up at it from time to time or any group will forget you can actually swing a *** weapon from time to time
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-04-16 02:49:54  
its worth coming back, the game is very much worth playing, especially if you havent in over a year. you are going to be have to the type to make your parties and shout.
i get lot of feedback on how they seem overwhelmed, especially if they had some standing prior to leaving. you will feel like you are playing catch up. however if you are the type to get ***done on your own and are practical on the jobs you play/come on, there will be tons for you to do, it will almost be a new game.

my advice to you is start with daily farming of gil and currency with your bst while you assimilate.

focus on bow for your rng-sam

start with getting homepoints and waypoints http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Home_Point

while working on records of eminence http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Records_of_Eminence

buy a decent weapons for your bst rng sam blm smn

get the basic armor set from there as well,

catch on any wildkeeper shouts, this should force you to nagivate all the zone and meet many basic requires for KIs
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Reive

do the quest order up for decent bst weapons.

do the quests for KIs to navigate these new soa areas example climbing,rafting, reivy unity logging etc,

once you get to yorcia spam skirmish on your blm or better yet just whm, start getting your otronif gear for pdt/mdt sets and start of decent ilevel gear you wont toss.

then start doing skcbcnm 20 for tales to reforge your afs for your rng and sam

then go to AA and delve shouts and kill tojil, 20+ times to update your plasm and tales 6-10.

at that point you should at least be on your feet. should take 3 weeks or so.

if you need a linkshell let me know.
 Sylph.Breakdown
By Sylph.Breakdown 2014-04-16 06:30:34  
Ok thx for the help!! Think I start with HPs and BST + WHM. Just wondering; how viable is BlU these days?
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-04-16 08:49:30  
better than before imo. however, you will need to be top notch(everything but mythic/emp needed), gear swap heavily(windower). and know your job/game mechanics well to be considered to 2 delve zones of delve.