2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » GEO mythic
GEO mythic
By Refia1 2014-04-12 07:44:34  
Quote:
Mythic-equivalent weapons for geomancer and rune fencer
We’ll be adding job-specific weapons for geomancer and rune fencer. As these weapons are mythic-equivalents, we’ll also be adding specialized weapon skills after the May version update.

GEO mythic: Two lupon out at once, do ppl think this will be overpower? XD if it true
 Shiva.Siral
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-04-12 08:17:38  
I assume for GEO it will be a club weapon. As far as the actual buff it gives, I couldn't say.

I thought SE said they weren't going to add more lupons but increasing the effectiveness of them. They said lupons already have their advantage because they can't be dispelled. So I doubt they'll go that route even if it is a mythic weapon.

It will probably be something like a large amount of DT that bypasses a theoretical cap, or potentially something like regen to your lupons so they in turn stay out longer. Or even something like extending the length of the indi- spells.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-04-12 09:25:34  
I think most people would prefer stronger/more survivable bubbles than having a second bubble.

There was a picture posted with a geo and a club, so assuming that's gonna be it's mythic/equivalent.
By Presidentmerman 2014-04-12 10:11:37  
Is it not gonna be an actual mythic style process or no conformation yet?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-12 10:39:43  
Prepare to be HUGELY disappointed with this mythic if you think 2 luopans will solve anything. They'll just die as quickly as the first one, and I doubt they are going that route.

Just think if the GEO casted 2 luopans, used bolster and dematerialize. would bee too powerful to reduce its stats that much for a full minute. But I digress. How would Life Cycle work with 2 pets? Or Dematerialize? Or Radial Arcana? I'm just seeing them not ever want to give us two pets, but instead, keep adding DT (which ultimately is stupid unless its at like 50%).

Mythic should "halve the cost of all geomancy", increase distance of indi/geolocure spells, enhance luopans regen effect, and lower perpetuation cost. It would mean that the only thing killing a luopan is not time, but the actual mob in question.

But again, prepare to be hugely disappointed in this.
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-12 11:41:45  
Shiva.Siral said: »
They said lupons already have their advantage because they can't be dispelled.
Yeah, they just die instantly instead.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-12 15:15:30  
Thinking it'll be something that works like Gjallerhorn for all GEO spells.

Double lupons, not a chance.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2014-04-12 15:33:12  
Shiva.Josiahfk said: »
That's as powerful as bst mythic getting a second pet, not going to happen I bet
Comparing a pet that does damage and can tank to a pet that just sits there and has an aura? BST having a 2nd pet would definitely be broken, but Geomancer's luopans can't do damage unless you use concentric pulse which is rarely/never used because it is a terrible ability in general. I don't see SE giving GEO a 2nd luopan, but it would hardly be broken since it would die in 10 seconds anyways... Bards can throw around a large amount of buffs to a party and switch up songs whenever needed (scherzo for example). Corsair can do the same thing to an extent just not as many buffs as bard which makes sense because they can also deal damage. They still have the option of splitting buffs to give everyone in the party something. Geomancer is a very gimped job atm being stuck to only 2 effects at any given time and one of those 2 you have to babysit.

This is why you see shouts for brd and cor. Ever see shouts for geo? Yeah me neither...
By Pantafernando 2014-04-12 15:42:16  
Where is the geo regain?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-12 16:06:02  
who cares, it wouldn't get used anyway
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-12 16:44:47  
My money would be on enhanced dematerialize effect a la carnwenhan
 Bahamut.Malothar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-04-12 17:02:22  
I'm just worried that the weapon is going to ride entirely on the additional Geo specific effects it has. With their Staff > Club paradigm for MDmg, MAcc, and MAB, and Geo's pretty decent ability to nuke, the club will be gimped in that we'll still need to switch to a staff for nuking/enfeebling. In short, whatever they give it needs to be a buff to our abilities that doesn't need to remain equipped to gain. If it's a massive -DT +regen for Luopans, it's just going to reinforce Geo's bubbling up and standing there, which is terrible.

Think awhile back, it was mentioned they had no intention of redesigning the pet UI to accommodate 2+ pets, although Fellowship NPCs go to the pet area, and they don't restrict you from having an additional pet, so who knows. Gotta agree though, a 2nd Luopan seems highly unlikely. I'd be happy with a straight "Geomancy potency +2" or something that just bumps all Geo spells by 2 tiers. Add in a nice chunk of Geo/Bell skill so we can hit some additional tiers and it'll be golden. Icing on the cake would be to destroy their little staff > club junk and give it nuking/MAcc stats similar to RME 119 staffs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-12 17:33:41  
Quote:
Geomancer's luopans can't do damage unless you use concentric pulse which is rarely/never used because it is a terrible ability in general

Shouldn't have even been introduced as an ability period, unless blowing it up made the debuff STICK to the monster in question. Now THAT would be a cool reason to use it.

Quote:
Where is the geo regain?

Would serve absolutely NO purpose other than prebuffing for battlefields.

This goes back to what I have said thousands of times - Make Indicolure spells targetable on different players for a reduced effect. There NO REASON why I shouldn't be able to place Indi-Fury/Precision on my front line DD, Refresh on my WHM, and Mattbns on the lolBLM and macc on the sch. It wouldn't be overpowered at all if the effect was limited to only that player or a reduced duration.

But the point is, outside of the fact that GEO spells are missing some pretty nifty buffs and debuffs at the moment, the issue lies with the *** luopan. How can this job succeed when the ***dies in 2 hits? Why are they so stubborn into thinking because it can't be dispelled that means something...? The ***is dispelled the moment the monster hits it, which is 15 seconds after being cast. wtf
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-05-02 10:21:23  
Quote:
[dev1202] Rune Fencer and Geomancer "Ergon Weapons"
New ergon weapons, which serve the same function as mythic weaponry, will be introduced for rune fencers and geomancers. They may be obtained by completing their applicable quests, as detailed below.
•Geomancer Ergon Weapon Obtainment

•Geomancers must have fulfilled the following conditions to undertake the quest.
•Have completed the quest "The Communion"
•Be at the rank of "legend" for all coalitions
•Are not currently undertaking the identical quest for rune fencers
•Speak to Nhili Uvolep in Eastern Adoulin to begin the quest.

I wonder what weaponskill GEO Mythic will be? Need to see some .dat mods before I invest in this. This would be one mythic I would actually make, if it was worthwile. Not holding my breath though.

SOURCE
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-05-02 11:33:09  
Probably will augment Dematerialize and +1 potency to the geo spells. This would make up GEO having a lack of relic/empryean/mythic weapon at the moment. I guess SE doesn't want to make a relic handbell that gave +1 potency spells.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Bepe
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2014-06-03 18:59:16  
News from official forums!

Greetings!

I’d like to give you all an overview of what we have planned in regards to geomancer adjustments, only (and I do mean only) because Malithar bumped the thread! (Of course I'm kidding and would have shared the information with everyone regardless!)
Adjustments to geomancy effects
Just as how songs are enhanced with instruments, we’ll be making it so that geomancy effects are boosted by adding stats that will increase the effects of geomancy to certain equipment.

The geomancer ergon weapon “Idris” has this type of effect, but in the June version update we will be adding other equipment that boosts the effects of geomancy.

(Idris has “Geomancy skill + 10”, but this doesn’t add 10 skill to your geomancy skill, it actually boosts the stats of geomancy spells.)

Luopan durability
In the May version update we boosted the damage reduction trait of luopans, but in addition to this we will be adding equipment that will further reduce the damage luopans receive in the future.

Additional magic
While this is a bit in the future, we will be adding new geomancy spells that have support effects for physical attacks.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-06-03 21:22:28  
Great news, thank you!
By Erlayn 2014-06-04 15:54:31  
I wish there was a "like" button for the above post. Can't wait!