users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » farming relic gear in Qufim
farming relic gear in Qufim
 Quetzalcoatl.Azzariah
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Azzariah
By Quetzalcoatl.Azzariah 2014-04-09 09:14:39  
Hey everyone, I have been trying to snag some cleric pantaloons in Dynamis Quifim and having no such luck. A fellow thief had told me that I need to focus on beastmen for the drop. I was under the impression that all drops were random regardless of the mob killed. Can anyone enlighten me on this?
 Cerberus.Spirachub
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-09 09:16:04  
only beastmen mobs can drop AF2 armor, and only the nightmare mobs can drop the accessories.

Might be easier to try dynamis jeuno for it (might... since jeuno can be quite terrible for pulling!)
 Quetzalcoatl.Azzariah
By Quetzalcoatl.Azzariah 2014-04-09 09:20:12  
Thanks for the quick reply Spira. Does Jeuno have a better drop rate?
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2014-04-09 09:22:09  
AF2 drops are just random luck. Wife and I went out one day to get a couple pieces in the Dunes. She took Yagudos and I did Orcs, and even with that we still didn't get all the pieces of armor. She did the next day solo and still didn't get BLU she wanted. Could be first kill, could take a few days.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-09 09:26:50  
The only mobs that have a significant chance to drop a particular piece of relic gear are the NM's who are that job. Count Raum in Xarc, for example, has a higher chance to drop Assassin's Armlets than any NQ mob or other NM.

Outside of that, it's a crap-shoot. Dyna Jeuno can be good gil, though, kill NM's whenever they are up, kill fodder on the way.
 Quetzalcoatl.Azzariah
By Quetzalcoatl.Azzariah 2014-04-09 09:35:27  
Thanks for the info guys. Now I have some direction to have a better shot at these legs.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-04-11 09:35:16  
I've been wanting to try a jeuno cleave for a while, Azzariah. If you're down I would be down. I know that's only barely relevant to the topic, but if you want some help i'd help.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-11 09:48:20  
Quetzalcoatl.Azzariah said: »
Thanks for the quick reply Spira. Does Jeuno have a better drop rate?

Correct me if i'm wrong, this is just a speculation from reading on the internet (lol):

From what i read a while back about AF2 gear drop, all old classes (pre ToAU) share the same slot, and new drops share a different slot. Every beastman mob has a chance of having those slots available.

there's 15 old job gear that drops in qufim, and there's 12 in jeuno (according wiki), so your chance of getting the pants is slightly higher in jeuno if my speculation is correct (if a old job AF2 will drop on that mob, then it's 1 in 12 instead of 1 in 15).

Either way, I only suggested jeuno because there's more beastmen and it's easier to find an area to camp and avoid the annoying ones (like smn/rdm)

Good luck with your hunt!
 Quetzalcoatl.Azzariah
By Quetzalcoatl.Azzariah 2014-04-11 10:01:58  
Definitely gonna shout for a relic farm today. Went in. Dynamis - Jeuno alone the other day and pretty much got raped. I did come out with a bronzepiece and a free teleport from one of the goblins. Not all was lost. . .
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-11 10:26:36  
Jeuno can be awkward because of the TE pulls, just the potential for pulling a truck load of mobs, I'd say it would be safer to stick with Qufim and farm the beastmen.