New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » jump sets
jump sets
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-03-23 12:10:35  
Hey, I've been trying to figure out jump sets post AA/119/AFreforge gear, and I'm getting confused to which is jump/highjump only, which is spirit/soul etc. I see tons of jump+ ~~ on the 119 artifact gear, but is that worth it vs. double attack etc?

Any help on some jump sets would be greatly appreciated =D
By Presidentmerman 2014-03-23 12:16:54  
Wont have that problem if ya just stay on PUP.
=)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-23 12:29:27  
There's very little "jump" gear that works on Spirit/Soul jump. In fact I can only think of two instances. Vougier's contus, and cizin greaves/+1.

Pretty much everything else is only gonna work on jump/high jump. Even then, sometimes it'll only work on normal jump.
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-03-23 12:38:14  
ok thanks! Seems kinda screwy that SE made it that way, but I guess it made things less complicated for me figuring out what all those +jump tp~ ect. things mean.

Martel, are the sets on your page for drg up to date? I was peeking at them a bit, and I might base some of my sets off of yours if you don't mind. Obviously I have quite a bit to change because of the whole not having a mythic thing... lol
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-23 13:02:18  
They're up to date in that they're what I'm using right now. I haven't worked any of the gear from this latest update in thus far.

When making sets based on mine, keep in mind that ryu has different priorities. I tend to focus more on STP than multi-hit(though there are exceptions. Ganesha's, windbuffet.)

Also, my ACC sets aren't on there. And most of that gear goes out the window once acc uncaps. -.-;
By Ophannus 2014-03-23 16:15:44  
SE failed so hard with Reforged AF/AF2. I would really would have hoped they would give stats on those pieces akin to "Spirit Jump Damage +X%", or "Jump TP Bonus" that generalizes to all Jumps, "Jump Attack Recast-3" etc...

I get it though. SE did say a few years ago they want to find ways to make NQ Jumps better without making HQ Jumps better(so that when the Wyvern is dead, we're not completely rocked). The Extra TP from the new gear on the old Jumps is nice, and High Jump definitely has its niche in 6man new content. I just wished they split JA timers for Jumps or at least make it a quasi-shared timer similar to Collaborator/Accomplice. Jump and Spirit Jump could share a timer. If you use Jump, you get a 45 second recast, if you use Spirit Jump you get a 60 second recast or something of the sort. So if you're sitting at 77-79%(for whatever reason) and don't want to use Spirit Jump(which would overflow TP and give you a longer time until the next Spirit Jump) you pop a NQ 'Jump' which fills you over 100% TP while minimizing the time until the next Jump
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-23 18:16:34  
Or they could just split our damn jump recasts already. The system limitation stated as the reason for the linked recasts has long since been overcome. THF got steal and despoil unlinked. Where's DRG's?

And no nerfing recasts when timers are split! -.-
 Odin.Rendra
サーバ: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2014-03-23 19:14:42  
I don't have the new DM Earring, so should I stick with Mikinaak Boots rather than use Hrafn Gambieras for Jump/High Jump/Soul Jump?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-23 21:03:34  
Odin.Rendra said: »
I don't have the new DM Earring, so should I stick with Mikinaak Boots rather than use Hrafn Gambieras for Jump/High Jump/Soul Jump?
yeah, that'd be the next best option.
[+]