New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Marjami Ravine Delve Setup + Strategy
Marjami Ravine Delve Setup + Strategy
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-27 08:32:44  
You don't require relic rng to beat this thing- if your rng have Cibit or Falubeza you should do just fine.

Re: aura- We usually ignore it. When Cailimh Static Prisons your whm (or RDM if you're using one) should chuck a Shell V on the PLD while the BRD removes para.

An Aegis PLD with even a halfassed MDT set should be able to hold that thing in their sleep assuming your RNG know anything about not pulling hate. If you're using a RUN as tank, your rng should be a bit more mindful and your whm a bit more prepared to heal hit points, as SE was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and thought Regen was a wonderful cure for RUN. -.-

If you can drop aura, then do so... otherwise it's not that huge a deal, as all Cailimh's attacks are magical and Aegis will reduce the damage even with the aura's properties. Protect is 100% useless against the MB.

If you're beading, which it seems you are, just fight T2 and T3 because they're by far the easiest using the RNG RNG RNG WHM BRD PLD setup. If you add a job, I agree with the others and say GEO, because GEO bubbles are insanely good provided your GEO is skilled and geared. If a COR is easier to find, Chaos will up your damage, and either Miser's/Hunter's/...whatever the snapshot roll is called (I haven't had enough coffee to recall that!) will shore up any other weaknesses you have.

Your COR should definitely be shooting his or her gun, too- that is a HUGE pet peeve of mine, COR has a gun for a reason and should be using it.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
サーバ: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2014-12-27 09:06:41  
You won't get hit by the AOE (Blowout iirc) if you stand at 20.0" from the NM.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-27 09:27:29  
Odin.Ladyrikku said: »
You won't get hit by the AOE (Blowout iirc) if you stand at 20.0" from the NM.

Static Prison
Crashing Thunder
Brownout
Reverse Current
...one other that I can't recall, possibly Sparkstorm or something like it (though that sounds like a Ramuh attack >.<)

The latter is conal, the rest are straight AoE if I remember right.

All will miss you if you're 20y away from the mob.
 Asura.Vinedrius
サーバ: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-27 10:07:22  

I have already said we are lacking both experience, gear and job for this stuff. I asked for advice and it was given, thanks again for that but I am afraid this is slowly turning into a suck less topic.

I am the whm and our pld has aegis and his hp was still constantly dropping to around 50%. He was even /run, mind you. Your assumptions don't equal what we experienced. Thf didn't help (not saying it should have, we wanted to try), rngs were weaker than we expected, one of them even more so and I am not saying my whm is anything special either.

I am not shocked that we lost, I was expecting that. It was my second run (first was a 1-5+boss shout pt and we timed out) and first run for some of them.

Edit: Now someone will say they got all their wins 1/1 and that we don't need experience. Don't need beads, don't need relics, don't need to gear because some RMT can do it with eminence gear...

Why does some people assume we have everything we need but still lose? >.> Also why wouldn't we bead out 1,4 and 5? Beads are cheap and we struggled with those NMs outside and we obviously need more time for boss, so why not?

I almost regret I asked <.<
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-27 10:25:27  
Welcome to ffxiah.com

If you ask for help, expect to get it, with a heavy side of you *** suck for not knowing this already.

Some of (us) simply can't remember/don't care what it was like before we had a cohesive group that downed ***while blindfolded. It's hard to be objective.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-27 10:42:01  
Asura.Vinedrius said: »

I have already said we are lacking both experience, gear and job for this stuff. I asked for advice and it was given, thanks again for that but I am afraid this is slowly turning into a suck less topic.

I am the whm and our pld has aegis and his hp was still constantly dropping to around 50%. He was even /run, mind you. Your assumptions don't equal what we experienced. Thf didn't help (not saying it should have, we wanted to try), rngs were weaker than we expected, one of them even more so and I am not saying my whm is anything special either.

I am not shocked that we lost, I was expecting that. It was my second run (first was a 1-5+boss shout pt and we timed out) and first run for some of them.

Edit: Now someone will say they got all their wins 1/1 and that we don't need experience. Don't need beads, don't need relics, don't need to gear because some RMT can do it with eminence gear...

Why does some people assume we have everything we need but still lose? >.> Also why wouldn't we bead out 1,4 and 5? Beads are cheap and we struggled with those NMs outside and we obviously need more time for boss, so why not?

I almost regret I asked <.<

I'm not docking or claiming suck less to you, I offered clear and helpful strategies. Your PLD doesn't need to be /run for this, /war is fine but whichever. As as WHM myself, are you running out of MP? A BRD should be more than enough and a cure 4/5 heals the PLD anytime the bird does a TP move.

If you want to bead, that's fine, but Marjami truly is the easiest of any Delve really in terms of monsters. It's not subjective or don't recall it or whatever, but maybe I'm biased because I've done it from the start with well geared RNGs.

Since you're the WHM, if MP is an issue, bring medicine. Vile elixirs are cheap, but with a BRD, I don't see your MP being a problem. Maybe if able, next time you go, make a video and post it if you want further help, so we can point out things, but try following my last post's set up (shout for a couple people if needed). Beyond this, I don't know what else to tell you. Straight up, I am willing to assist, and sorry if you took whatever I said wrong, just I'm interested in seeing how your fight goes, because I don't understand how the PLD dies is all.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-27 10:55:11  
I mentioned he was /run to emphasize that he still took too much damage from his moves even with runes on top of aegis.

Also, I never ran out of mp but pld was losing hate too quickly with all that damage. I was basically cure bombing him time to time. It was really that hectic. Also rngs don't have relic and I am no rng but I guess decoy isn't enough while pld keeps losing hate even if their damage wasn't great.

At one point, rngs pulled hate and few died to some aoe, we recovered but couldn't keep up and was gonna time out anyway even if we hadn't wiped.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-27 11:18:09  
Decoy shot is a ok tool, but as it doesnt works with ws nor barrage, its not that easy to keep pld holding hate with just non relic rngs.

The solution is the pld. Pld must generate enough hate to cover whm hate. And thats just done dealing dmg, so pld will need speed and acc, as i highly doubt he will be hitting nm without acc gear and acc food. I would sugest to pld to work in a xaadi set with acc augments, and to receive madrigals with marches on top of other buffs. While dmging he will maintain a good amount of hate.

If still hate is an issue, try using rng/drg, or if you have time and think your rng has too much hate (like nm turning all the time), can try logging off to erase hate, but pld should generate hate enough to keep nm, and if no, its a speed or acc problem.

About your complain, you should never regret asking, asking is the first step to improve. People who dont ask are bound to fail every single time. As well people that cant learn with mistakes of a failed run. A totally messed loss shows the basics were neglected, so the basics need to be reviewed before thinking in touching other variables. When i said rmts beat content, i meant to say they have the basics covered, they make up the lack of gear with perfect play (through bots though).

And finally to try to solve your issue of pld taking too much dmg, its most likely the debuff he cast on pld. Avoidance will prevent blocking, but blocking just works for physical dmg. His mdt will remaing but the bird should have a move thar inflict mdb down. Normally its just this way to be one shooted by static prison. So, pld must be aware of his stat icons. Mdb down is a blue circle similar to avoidance icon, so maybe the pld neglected that. The solution is to whm to be aware what move nm uses, and quickly uses sacrifice to take off the mdb down befre the next tp move.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-27 11:27:28  
Sub /war, have PLD spam provoke/flash. Do not rebuff him, because he loses all buffs anyway. Have COR utilize and time random deal for decoy shot, wild card, random deal again for a constant up time.

Don't need relic, really. Our bow rngs use Jishnus, and guns either use Coronach or Last Stand.

Can you post your PLD's gear set? Our guy has top of the line everything with Burtgang but still takes...mmm... 30%ish? it's not that bad.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-27 11:29:22  
Atonement is a good WS for PLD to use if you have it; as far as I know it doesn't miss. Its damage output isn't the greatest, but it's an option.

/run on the pld is not necessary; Rune Enchantment doesn't generate hate, and the benefits of the JA you'll have access to probably won't outweigh the benefits of Provoke/Aggressor from /war, or even spells from PLD/BLU if you're partial to that.

Haste/March/Mads on the tank definitely help as well, your rng were probably hitting enmity cap at some point. RNG can also rotate Decoys if you think that will help.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-27 11:30:45  
Eh, I wouldn't recommend Atonement, it's ok to use if you're a really frigid PLD that doesn't want to swap out of your DT set but CDC and Savage Blade will beat it easily.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-27 11:58:35  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Eh, I wouldn't recommend Atonement, it's ok to use if you're a really frigid PLD that doesn't want to swap out of your DT set but CDC and Savage Blade will beat it easily.

The OP said that their PLD was taking large amounts of damage, so perhaps they were having difficulties with hitting using better ws in the gear used for them.

I agree that both Savage and CdC are generally better, unless said PLD needs to remain in full turtle gear to stay up.

If you were on my server, OP, I'd go with you till you got the clear if that means anything. I do stuff like that all the time.

I had momentarily forgotten about the MDEF down status; that would indeed contribute to a fairly heavy Static Prison on your tank. (And maybe your COR/BRD/WHM if they get unlucky enough to get caught in it while trying to rebuff.)

Re: mules wearing sparks gear comments- bots don't count. -.-
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-27 12:14:01  
we don't use a pld in our setup we use a sam but thats a completely different playstyle
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-27 12:25:14  
is that -mdef erasable or a special case that only sacrifice works?
By Pantafernando 2014-12-27 12:31:18  
No but using erase against an aura nm is a bad idea. You risk erasing avoidance instead mdb down. Sacrifice with affictus will remove all debuffs and transfer to you, so you make sure your pld is safe. And well positioned, mdb down in whm dont need even to erase.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-27 16:25:09  
About the moves, brown out will inflict slow as well dispel 2 or 3 buffs, sparkstorm will inflict acc and macc down and reverberating cry will inflict magic defense down.

Indeed, with magic defense down he hits like a truck.

Aura drops with darkness + tellus (earth) rune, but requires 2 runes (lunge) to be effective. Just swipe (1 rune) wont works.

Thats tested with hurkan.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-27 20:04:12  
Some of his moves during aura also include Magic Evasion Down, which is also hurting your PLD. Having multiple people erase simultaneously can help, since you get like a second before the aura puts the Avoidance Down back up. Furthermore, he'll wanna make sure Barthunder is still on since he can dispel 3 buffs at once (as /RUN, his own casting should be enough). Sorry I can't remember which moves cause these effects, though. It's also possible to change your icons .dat to custom ones to help recognize what buffs/debuffs you're currently afflicted with, too, if that appeals to you.

Minor point, but Hurkan/Cailimh also resist slashing damage. As it's been stated already, aura is definitely removed from magic bursting earth damage (skillchains or simply dishing out earth damage are not enough).

Pantafernando said: »
...you should never regret asking, asking is the first step to improve.
This times a million, but also just getting out there and trying things out. There are a lot of people who have beaten many endgame fights without understanding how the enemies really work, so don't let it get you down that it can take a little time for real, practical information to surface. By sparking the discussion, I'm sure a lot of other people have begun to learn things they didn't know about this fight.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-12-27 20:25:14  
Nothing should make a pld struggle to tank it really (in terms of surviving, not holding hate), aura up or down. Only thing I ask to be removed is paralyze. I've tanked this with no buffs, and my pld isn't anything special, just a 95 Aegis/high -dt set and at no point i was in any danger (granted the whm didn't fall asleep from boredom)

Though if you are in a situation where you feel like you need multiple erases, remember whm has sacrifice!
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-27 21:41:21  
brown out will inflict slow as well dispel 2 or 3 buffs
Brownout is just potent Slow and Blind. Dispel is Static Prison, which he uses exclusively while aura is up.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-27 22:06:44  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
brown out will inflict slow as well dispel 2 or 3 buffs
Brownout is just potent Slow and Blind. Dispel is Static Prison, which he uses exclusively while aura is up.

I personally leave Aura up and just Pew pew with rngs for an Easy Win.

SAM method is faster but meh.
By Stedron 2014-12-31 21:59:01  
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
we don't use a pld in our setup we use a sam but thats a completely different playstyle

Does anyone care to elaborate on SAM playstyle on Marjami Delve MB?
Noted it does resist slashing dmg, so how exactly does one go about this?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-31 22:32:17  
Stedron said: »
Noted it does resist slashing dmg
It doesn't. The aura just grants it PDT. Its first move is always Crashing Thunder; when he starts readying it you can do Konzen-ittai > Tachi: Rana for Darkness and your nuker (GEO ideally) can do a Stone IV MB and the aura will be off after just 1 auto attack from boss. After that our group just zergs it down before it puts aura back up again.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-31 22:43:26  
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »

Does anyone care to elaborate on SAM playstyle on Marjami Delve MB?
Noted it does resist slashing dmg, so how exactly does one go about this?

sam can effectively rape 1-5 in about 12 minutes harpeia requirws good bdt set then as llewelyn stated for mb much more efficient timewise than rng method imo
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-31 22:48:46  
Noted it does resist slashing dmg
It doesn't. The aura just grants it PDT. Its first move is always Crashing Thunder; when he starts readying it you can do Konzen-ittai > Tachi: Rana for Darkness and your nuker (GEO ideally) can do a Stone IV MB and the aura will be off after just 1 auto attack from boss. After that our group just zergs it down before it puts aura back up again.

You can also do Rana > Fudo for darkness if JA is down ~

I do this on the Tree in Yorcia (darkness cures it) especially good if you dont want to spam water on it, a solid 20k darkness skillchain makes it drop its PDt for the entire fight.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-31 22:52:48  
For Treant our GEO just does a Fire IV while adds are being dealt with followed by a quick Lullaby, then Water IV right before last add dies. Good enough to last the entire fight.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-31 22:56:31  
For Treant our GEO just does a Fire IV while adds are being dealt with followed by a quick Lullaby, then Water IV right before last add dies. Good enough to last the entire fight.

I think your GEO owns ours then

*edit~

Started using a Dual box GEO with a reasonable Nuke set, seems to last about 75% of fight but most PUG Geo's wif with 2k water 4
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-31 23:23:13  
I'm usually the GEO and my Water IVs do about 4.5k I think. Don't remember; been a while. Only time I have to do another nuke is when my DDs are being scrubs and don't SC much while PDT is down (which can happen since one of our DDs is a lazy ***and just auto-execs his WSs).
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-31 23:27:13  
I'm usually the GEO and my Water IVs do about 4.5k I think. Don't remember; been a while. Only time I have to do another nuke is when my DDs are being scrubs and don't SC much while PDT is down (which can happen since one of our DDs is a lazy ***and just auto-execs his WSs).

Hmm probably explains it, i could get the mule to about 4k but the other DD i Use seems allergic to skillchains~

I've started taking a 2nd GEO instead and Solo DDing it, add's eat up a fair bit of time, but 6 stepping nms seems to kill them fast enough.

Anyways back to Marjami!
 Lakshmi.Amymy
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-12-31 23:35:20  
Can we start throwing dancers in there now?
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-01-01 00:34:34  
Another thing that may be helpful is for the pld to carry some panaceas. They remove all debuffs that erase removes, so they can be very helpful to remove a nasty debuff or multiple debuffs that may have gone unnoticed by the whm. While they can be very helpful in critical situations, I wouldn't suggest spammming them on every debuff unless you're rich, since they can be kind of pricey (depending on server and supply).