言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis Qufim (Possibly others) Glitch
Dynamis Qufim (Possibly others) Glitch
By kithaofcerb 2014-03-13 14:09:54  
Hey folks
I've recently returned to the game, and trying to catch up in gil I started farming Dynamis - Qufim on my job best suited for it, PUP/DNC. I find if my puppet one-shots the time extension mob, sometimes it won't register and I will have to go back and kill the mob again to receive the KI. Has anybody else had this problem? Is this a known glitch? Is SE making efforts to fix this or should I message someone else about it?

Thanks so much
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-13 14:13:22  
that's because it's dying unclaimed, not really a bug.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-13 14:15:10  
kithaofcerb said: »
Hey folks
I've recently returned to the game, and trying to catch up in gil I started farming Dynamis - Qufim on my job best suited for it, PUP/DNC. I find if my puppet one-shots the time extension mob, sometimes it won't register and I will have to go back and kill the mob again to receive the KI. Has anybody else had this problem? Is this a known glitch? Is SE making efforts to fix this or should I message someone else about it?

Thanks so much

I did a Qufim run early this morning before work on BST/DNC and didn't notice an issue, but I also don't use up my pets TP moves on the TE's. That's kind of strange. :o

EDIT: Oh, you said "One-shot".
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-13 14:18:54  
As already stated the TEs are dieing unclaimed and so not giving the KI. Normally I will stick to the whm frame and let it pull with a spell or flashbulb so if it aggros anything it will be on the auto then just punch the TE to death and deactivate any aggro.
By kithaofcerb 2014-03-13 14:30:28  
Ahh there's my mistake. I've been using BLM frame and with even 1 ice maneuver its nuking all of the mobs HP. Thanks for the advice.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-03-13 14:36:18  
There also seems to be a problem I've noticed lately with PUP, although I'm mostly new to playing the job, so not sure if this has been around for a while, or if it's working as intended.

Any non-melee attacks my automaton performs, whether ranged or magical, do not claim mobs. At most, they just put the mob into aggro mode. The mobs only become claimed once the automaton performs a melee attack.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-03-13 14:45:09  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
There also seems to be a problem I've noticed lately with PUP, although I'm mostly new to playing the job, so not sure if this has been around for a while, or if it's working as intended.

Any non-melee attacks my automaton performs, whether ranged or magical, do not claim mobs. At most, they just put the mob into aggro mode. The mobs only become claimed once the automaton performs a melee attack.

Been that way since ever really...
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2014-03-13 14:59:18  
Odin.Jassik said: »
He's right. This happens to me sometimes when I aggro more than one. Has to stay claimed.

The only glitch I've noticed is when you're in Chains of Promathia zones and the time changes along with proc type sometimes it'll proc without performing the correct action.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-03-13 15:15:28  
kenshynofshiva said: »

Actually this TE behavior was patched in after BLM alliances found out they could do synchronized TE nuking without getting links and manaburned entire dyna zones back at 75 cap \^^/
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-03-13 15:25:06  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »

Actually this TE behavior was patched in after BLM alliances found out they could do synchronized TE nuking without getting links and manaburned entire dyna zones back at 75 cap \^^/

What I described applies to all mobs I've fought as PUP, outside of Dynamis.
By Zoltar 2014-03-14 09:43:58  
Same thing happens if you weaponskill a TE and 1-shot it. Just hit it once first then unload
 Cerberus.Spirachub
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-14 10:09:41  
Zoltar said: »
Same thing happens if you weaponskill a TE and 1-shot it. Just hit it once first then unload

you sure? plenty of times I've SA + WS a TE on thf and getting KIs off them...
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-03-14 10:27:37  
Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
He's right. This happens to me sometimes when I aggro more than one. Has to stay claimed. The only glitch I've noticed is when you're in Chains of Promathia zones and the time changes along with proc type sometimes it'll proc without performing the correct action.

I've noticed that one as well. I'll do a step or two even though I'm a minute early to a mob area just to build up steps, and when the time ticks over it just magically procs.

It's actually somewhat amusing. Kind of like the mob took a while to process the fack that the attack shocked him.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-03-14 10:29:01  
There also seems to be a problem I've noticed lately with PUP, although I'm mostly new to playing the job, so not sure if this has been around for a while, or if it's working as intended. Any non-melee attacks my automaton performs, whether ranged or magical, do not claim mobs. At most, they just put the mob into aggro mode. The mobs only become claimed once the automaton performs a melee attack.

I don't think it was entirely patched away though, because we did that for one of the Glacier extensions right up to one of our last runs before the change.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-14 11:17:24  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
There also seems to be a problem I've noticed lately with PUP, although I'm mostly new to playing the job, so not sure if this has been around for a while, or if it's working as intended. Any non-melee attacks my automaton performs, whether ranged or magical, do not claim mobs. At most, they just put the mob into aggro mode. The mobs only become claimed once the automaton performs a melee attack.

I don't think it was entirely patched away though, because we did that for one of the Glacier extensions right up to one of our last runs before the change.
I don't think so either, I remember doing city zones right up to the change and time nuking te's and it still working. That'd be a pretty shitty move on se's part considering they didn't respawn :/

I've 1 shotted te's with ws before too, but I've always claimed them with something first.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-03-14 11:29:16  
I think thats the difference.
Old dynamis had no KI, and the TE's didnt respawn, so if they were marked dead, the time in the zone was extended.

Whereas neo-dyna gives you a KI for TE, and they respawn, but if it dies unclaimed, then no one gets KI.