users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Question About RDM/DNC or /NIN
Question About RDM/DNC or /NIN
 Asura.Escorian
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2014-02-13 22:15:52  
Ok So I was wondering if I sub dnc or nin will I get the bonus stats on my offhand weapon?

Edit: Also if you do get the bonus stats on the weapon wouldn't it be worth it to say sub /dnc for runs for the +167 Magic Accuracy from the 2nd sword?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-02-13 22:24:54  
The +magic accuracy skill does not take effect when in the offhand and the +combat skill only applies to that hand. Everything else is shared.
[+]
 Asura.Escorian
サーバ: Asura
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2014-02-13 22:29:02  
Ah ok so my idea went down the drain lol.

Thank you for answering my question.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-02-13 22:39:06  
magic damage+ from the offhand adds up though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kyera
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2014-03-05 20:03:11  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
magic damage+ from the offhand adds up though.

Wait for real? So I could go Anahera Saber/Eminent wand and have 204 magic damage?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-05 20:10:05  
For low tier nuke spam, that's probably your best bet, for higher tiers, you lose way too much from not being able to /sch and use weather/affinity effects.
 Lakshmi.Kyera
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2014-03-05 20:12:13  
I'm more considering Sanguine Blade damage, which far surpasses CDC already in certain things like skirmish III for instance.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-05 20:17:07  
Lakshmi.Kyera said: »
I'm more considering Sanguine Blade damage, which far surpasses CDC already in certain things like skirmish III for instance.

I can't imagine any group wanting you to melee, it that situation you're costing your party more than you're helping them with that setup.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-03-06 02:03:13  
Odin.Jassik said: »
For low tier nuke spam, that's probably your best bet, for higher tiers, you lose way too much from not being able to /sch and use weather/affinity effects.
Correct me if I'm wrong but~

Looks to be the best set for Dual Wielding I think. That would be 11 INT, 26 MAB, and 210 Magic Damage.

This should be 1 higher on INT, 4 lower on MAB, and 12 higher on Magic Damage, all without counting a grip or augments. So this would put it above the other set for nuking anyways, especially since the staff can get upwards of 25 MAB as an augment.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-03-06 02:24:27  
disregard, didn't read thread title
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-03-06 02:27:27  
Lakshmi.Kyera said: »

I can't imagine any group wanting you to melee, it that situation you're costing your party more than you're helping them with that setup.
This is very true. In Skirmish III BLM, RDM, SCH, basically any job that can nuke can really dish out some damage, especially on some specific NMs and normal monsters such as Behemoth or Acuex who are particularly weak to magic in there. Meleeing on RDM is something I love to do, but I can admit on the back lines we are much, much more useful in that event as a DD.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-06 07:27:37  
for the dw clubs....can't sanguine blade, and accuracy could be an issue. basically the same for the staff but accuracy will definitely be an issue.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-06 07:44:31  
Since when did 111+99 = 200?
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-03-08 08:23:01  
for the dw clubs....can't sanguine blade, and accuracy could be an issue. basically the same for the staff but accuracy will definitely be an issue.
That's true but if the goal is low tier nuking then using the Staff is still probably the better option, even with the 12 extra Magic Damage I wouldn't think that it would beat out a Staff with so much MAB on it.

That being said, I understand the goal which seemed to be talked about in the end was melee, at which point I can't say it's smart to really try to do both at once. If you're doing any piece of content you should just gear to melee or magic, trying to do both will just make you mediocre at both, whereas if you focus on nuking you can at least do great DMG on specific targets. Using the Sword with the Club is not going to be good for your melee since you will gimp Accuracy with a Club, at the same time using the Sword for nuking is just bringing down your nukes by using a weapon hardly designed for it.

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Since when did 111+99 = 200?
Apologies for the error in my math, I must not have been paying as much attention at the time as I should have been.