Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 181 182 183
 Asura.Vafruvant
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-08-30 01:29:55  
Asura.Omnijuggernaut said: »
I have been trying to get my gearswap to use certain sets when I enhance myself and a different set when enhancing party.

I started checking with showswaps to see if it was set right but it seems that my direct spell is overwriting my self cast. CureSelf works changing gear but i can't get spells like refresh to put telchine body on for the duration.

No laughing at my gear, this is a new account, been trying to catch up on gear.

Furthermore I know I suck at gearswap, so if you can help me clean this up if at all possible that would be great, I know I have a lot of lines that probably aren't needed.
Use this version:

http://pastebin.com/iAMJBhag

There was some redundancy that I believe I trimmed up without breaking anything. There wasn't a sets.midcast.EnhancingDuration set to actually get called, so I merged a lot of the spells into that set, added the ComposureOther set also, for the same reason. Everything should work as you requested now.
[+]
By nanohamaho 2015-08-30 09:51:41  
returning player, using motes Geo lua file, i don't have all the elemental obis at the momemt, but for the life of me how the hell do I make that simple statement waist=gear.ElementalObi work?

I was thinking maybe it calls from one of the mote files and I had to go in somewhere and type out all the obi names. That or maybe I needed to insert some kind of argument in the job file that did the whole weather thing... I'm probably missing something obvious here. I haven't done anything special to the base file from the kinematics github, so if someone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

tl;dr - where does gear.ElementalObi take its info from, and how/where do I have to change it if at all?
By geigei 2015-08-30 11:18:36  
Any way to have multiple preshot sets for rng based on which flurry is up? like no flurry-flurry1-flurry2
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-08-30 11:38:17  
Asura.Vafruvant said: »
I have been trying to get my gearswap to use certain sets when I enhance myself and a different set when enhancing party.

I started checking with showswaps to see if it was set right but it seems that my direct spell is overwriting my self cast. CureSelf works changing gear but i can't get spells like refresh to put telchine body on for the duration.

Furthermore I know I suck at gearswap, so if you can help me clean this up if at all possible that would be great, I know I have a lot of lines that probably aren't needed.
Use this version:

There was some redundancy that I believe I trimmed up without breaking anything. There wasn't a sets.midcast.EnhancingDuration set to actually get called, so I merged a lot of the spells into that set, added the ComposureOther set also, for the same reason. Everything should work as you requested now.

Thank you it works great.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-08-30 17:16:39  
nanohamaho said: »
returning player, using motes Geo lua file, i don't have all the elemental obis at the momemt, but for the life of me how the hell do I make that simple statement waist=gear.ElementalObi work?

I was thinking maybe it calls from one of the mote files and I had to go in somewhere and type out all the obi names. That or maybe I needed to insert some kind of argument in the job file that did the whole weather thing... I'm probably missing something obvious here. I haven't done anything special to the base file from the kinematics github, so if someone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

tl;dr - where does gear.ElementalObi take its info from, and how/where do I have to change it if at all?
/GearSwap/libs/Mote-Mappings.lua

The line you're looking for is element.obi_of
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-08-30 17:36:35  
geigei said: »
Any way to have multiple preshot sets for rng based on which flurry is up? like no flurry-flurry1-flurry2
You can name sets, like:
Code
sets.precast.RA (normal set)
sets.Flurry
sets.Flurry2

then in your function job_precast (if using Mote's files) or function precast (if not Mote) have a call for checking the buffs:
Code
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' then
		if buffactive[581] then
			equip(sets.Flurry2)
		elseif buffactive[265] then
			equip(sets.Flurry)
		else
			equip(sets.precast.RA)
		end
	end
end
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-08-31 13:06:46  

Use this version:

Thank you it works great.

Ok I noticed today that for some reason telchine is overriding during enhance duration for pt/ally members, that is when I need the lethargy/vitivation set. How would I fix that
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-08-31 14:00:37  
Ok I noticed today that for some reason telchine is overriding during enhance duration for pt/ally members, that is when I need the lethargy/vitivation set. How would I fix that
And that is with Composure up? The job_post_midcast rule only triggers when it is.
[+]
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-08-31 14:38:59  
yeah that is composure up, just did showswaps and it showed telchine on pt member with composure up
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-08-31 16:36:15  
I found the mistake I made, messed up a name of a set. I updated the link I posted.
[+]
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-08-31 18:13:18  
wonderful thanks again

edit:

I changed this
Code
function job_get_spell_map(spell, default_spell_map)
	if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
		if spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' then
			if spell.english:startswith('En') then
				return 'EnSpells'
			elseif spell.english:startswith('Gain') then
				return 'GainSpells'
			endk, ta
		end
	end
end

to this
Code
function job_get_spell_map(spell, default_spell_map)
	if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
		if spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' then
			if spell.english:startswith('En') then
				return 'EnSpells'
			elseif spell.english:startswith('Gain') then
				return 'GainSpells'
			end
		elseif spellMap == 'Cure' and spell.target.type == 'SELF' then
			equip(sets.midcast.CureSelf)
		end
	end
end
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-09-01 14:52:36  
If I make an error in a set, such as legs="Warwolf Belt", is there a way to find it without //gs showswaps and trying to find all the errors?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-01 14:56:21  
//gs debugmode might show it. It shows error messages, iirc.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-09-01 15:07:16  
That should only show the equipment that isn't swapped, right?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-09-01 15:36:59  
Out of curiosity, how would one make it so you automatically equip Councilor's Garb using Mote's files? I tried to do this myself by editing the Mote-Mappings and Mote-Include files then finally my own gearswap but it wasn't successful.

Wish I could get the hang of this!
 Shiva.Verohawke
サーバ: Shiva
user: verohawke
By Shiva.Verohawke 2015-09-03 08:52:07  
Hi I have this weird error; tried everything including fresh install of gearswap, unloading all other addons and plugins:

Every time I zone, get a drop or buy/sell something from inventory I get following error on my screen (same error repeated 20 times)

Gearswap: Lua runtime error gearswap/gearswap.lua379: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I looked up line 379 in gearswap.lua (but didn't touch anything /scared), wich says:
if not items[bag][slot] then items[bag][slot] = make_empty_item_table(slot) end

Could someone please help me out, this error is making me crazy and unloading gearswap because of that error spam I get bombarded with everytime I zone or my inv changes.

Gearswap seems to be working fine for the rest, if this can't be fixed, I would be happy with a mute method for that error line as well!
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-09-03 09:10:58  
The same issue has been reported on may 19th here :
https://github.com/Byrth/Lua-Byrth/issues/381

Seems like it hasn't been resolved yet.

Try maybe to comment the line #379 and see what happens ?

Someone with more lua power will surely come with a better answer soon.
 Ragnarok.Boq
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Boq
By Ragnarok.Boq 2015-09-03 10:14:44  
Hello. I'm reposting this here as it seems more appropriate. I wish I realized this thread sooner so I didn't make a new topic. I'm a returning player who is new to Gearswap. I used Spellcast extensively, but I'm slowly getting accustomed to GS.

I have a problem with trying to setup my gearswap to switch in the Hachirin-no-Obi when the spell being cast matches the weather or day element. Specifically I'm just trying to get it to work for Cures for my SMN. I'm using Kinematic's .lua as a base for SMN. I'm trying to add in code which will swap in the Hachirin-no-Obi for cures during Light weather and Lightsday. I've done extensive searching on this on Google and can't seem to get the coding to work at all. I've activated //gs showswaps so I can confirm what equipment is being swapped during pre, mid and aftercast.

I've made a gear set, called sets.midcast.Obi which only contains waist = "Hachirin-no-Obi". Written as sets.midcast.Obi = {waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"}

And my cure set is written as sets.midcast.Cure with my desired curing gear.

But when I write a function to use these sets for light weather and day, it only equips the precast and curing midcast. The Obi never gets equipped. One of the functions I've tried is below. Can anyone help me out with this? I can't see what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!

function midcast(spell,action)
if string.find(spell.english,'Cur') then. equip(sets.midcast.Cure)
if spell.element == world.weather_element or spell_element == world.day_element then equip(sets.midcast.Obi)
end
end
end
By geigei 2015-09-03 16:25:55  
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' then
        if buffactive[581] then
            equip(sets.Flurry2)
        elseif buffactive[265] then
            equip(sets.Flurry)
        else
            equip(sets.precast.RA)
        end
    end
end

Not working, equips sets.precast.RA even if i have flurry on, what mote files i need? i only use mote-include.
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-09-03 17:29:06  
Is there a way to set it to nuke in weather obi based off day/weather?

Like auto set the belt if it aligns?

since I am on rdm I can't use thunderstorm as /sch so would need MaB belt, but I want it to recognize the day/weather alignments. I originally was going to ask if I could have it set weather obi when I was /sch and just live with that but I am not certain the capabilities of gearswap. Would really like it to auto equip based of alignment of day/weather

I have had a few gear changes since I last posted this.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-09-03 17:42:23  
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
if spell.element == world.day_element or spell.element == world.weather_element then
equip(sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'], {waist="Hachirin-No-Obi"})
end
end
end
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-09-03 18:00:57  
awesome thanks
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-03 18:11:12  

Yes there is, and it's built-in to your file structure. Towards the top of your file, you'll see a line that says:

gear.default.obi_waist = "Sekhmet Corset"

Change that Sekhmet Corset to whatever belt you want to equip if the weather/day does not match. Then, in your sets, change the waist to:

waist=gear.ElementalObi

This will automatically equip it if the weather/day matches and not require adding anything else.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Boq
By Ragnarok.Boq 2015-09-04 07:09:53  
Hello again. I'm reposting this in a better format and hopefully I can be more explicit in what I'm looking for to fix this code. I'm using Kinematic's SMN lua as a base, which does not contain any segment of code dealing with Curing during lightsday or weather. I'd like to add this into my lua, and I can't seem to get the coding correct. What I'm trying to do is have the Hachirin-no-Obi equipped midcast when cures are cast during lightsday and/or weather.

I've put my full lua code below. The relevant portion where I have the weather/day conditions defined is:

The result when I run my lua file is that I end up casting Cures with my precast belt (verified by having the showswaps on) during lightsday or light weather.

If someone could help figure this out I'd be very appreciative.

Full lua code:
By Aeyela 2015-09-04 07:36:42  
Why not just put this:
Code
        if world.weather_element == 'Light' or world.day_element == 'Light' then
            equip({waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"})
        end

If you're not using Hachirin-no-Obi anywhere else, no need to overcomplicate your code by adding more functions. You probably don't even need to have the weather check inside a separate function. Just add it to your midcast under Cures. I have the above inside the midcast function inside the cure part, beneath the line equipping my cure midcast set... So it only equips the waist if the weather is present, otherwise it'll use the regular midcast cure waist.
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-09-04 09:59:52  

Yes there is, and it's built-in to your file structure. Towards the top of your file, you'll see a line that says:

gear.default.obi_waist = "Sekhmet Corset"

Change that Sekhmet Corset to whatever belt you want to equip if the weather/day does not match. Then, in your sets, change the waist to:

waist=gear.ElementalObi

This will automatically equip it if the weather/day matches and not require adding anything else.

got it, ty, the other way was screwing with my enhance duration for some reason.
By Ulthakptah 2015-09-04 13:16:29  
I have a morally grey question about gearswap. You know how when you get charmed you can't use menus or anything? During that time can gearswap still change your equipment?
[+]
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-09-05 14:29:10  
Ulthakptah said: »
I have a morally grey question about gearswap. You know how when you get charmed you can't use menus or anything? During that time can gearswap still change your equipment?

I am in with this guy.

Also I feel like I am bugging Vafruvant, can I make the gs set certain weapons to be wielded based off the sub job I use? i.e. /nin or /dnc it sets a sword as offhand?

Even further can I set it based on zone? That way low lvl zones I dual occ/attk style weapons?
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-09-05 16:08:35  
can I make the gs set certain weapons to be wielded based off the sub job I use? i.e. /nin or /dnc it sets a sword as offhand?

Even further can I set it based on zone? That way low lvl zones I dual occ/attk style weapons?

Yes, there is player.sub_job and world.zone(or world.area) which hold strings of the information you're looking for. Example :
Code
if player.sub_job == 'NIN' then
   do something /NIN specific
end

if world.area == 'Ceizak Battlegrounds' then
   do something Ceizak related
end

Haven't toyed with Mote's in a long time so I'm not sure the best place to put the code chunks...for simplicity I'd probably make an event to modify my default gearsets directly on zone or subjob change.
 Ragnarok.Boq
By Ragnarok.Boq 2015-09-08 09:06:18  
Quote:
Why not just put this:
Code
if world.weather_element == 'Light' or world.day_element == 'Light' then
equip({waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"})
end

If you're not using Hachirin-no-Obi anywhere else, no need to overcomplicate your code by adding more functions. You probably don't even need to have the weather check inside a separate function. Just add it to your midcast under Cures. I have the above inside the midcast function inside the cure part, beneath the line equipping my cure midcast set... So it only equips the waist if the weather is present, otherwise it'll use the regular midcast cure waist.

Thanks for your help! That helped me understand GS a bit better. I am new to GS and am still getting used to it.
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 181 182 183