Ilevels In Search.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » ilevels in search.
ilevels in search.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-17 03:05:18  
Would it be possible for ilevels to be shown for gear when searching rather than everything from Adoulin and such simply coming up as level 99? I think it would make it easier to sort through items since right now it seems all jumbled. :x
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-12-17 05:48:34  
Displaying ilevel 100-119 would definitely be useful but I honestly have no clue if they can pull that data from the dat or not...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-02-05 02:19:44  
So any chance this can happen? D:
By voiceless 2014-02-05 04:08:46  
Not a good idea some gear sets are better then higher Ilvl'
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-02-05 04:22:47  
While some gear sets are better than higher levels, it does not change the fact that it would make them easier to sort through, for instance the majority of people are sure to know simply by looking at the pieces themselves that the WK Weapons are in general better than the Sparks weapons, yet at the same time, the Spark weapons are at a higher level.

While this may be the case, you can more easily find the WK weapon with it sorted by item level because its level is 115, whereas the Sparks weapon is 117, which makes it much easier to find them rather than the current list which has them both mixed in with a dozen other weapons that are level 99 and 0 differenciation between any of them regardless of level.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-02-05 05:11:13  
I don't think the Ilvl indicators are actually found on/in the dats for the items (which is where both BG and FFXIAH get their item lists from). To apply an Ilvl search would more than likely mean having to manually discover the Ilvl for each item and input it into a new search function code. In other words, it appears incredibly time consuming for anyone who doesn't play the game anymore(which as far as I know, Scragg doesn't) and to keep up with it as each new slew of gear is released every couple of months, would get incredibly annoying incredibly fast.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-02-05 05:57:45  
I didn't know the sites ran off dats, I thought that at least some of the info was entered manually such as levels or stats such as DEF and such, rather than it all being automatic. I can understand why it may be difficult or flat out impossible to really make the change without putting way too much work into it. It would just be a really awesome change that would make the search system better in the end, so I was really hoping it would work, after all, looking through the stat clutter as it is today can get a mid confusing with it in such a wild range.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-02-05 06:51:14  
Even if SE could do this, I have to wonder how they'd actually determine your ilevel. I mean, a search of players could turn up an ilevel 117 player, but that player could be wielding an Eminent weapon while wearing level 30 gear for all you know. I just don't think there's a viable way for SE to do this.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-05 07:04:44  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Even if SE could do this, I have to wonder how they'd actually determine your ilevel. I mean, a search of players could turn up an ilevel 117 player, but that player could be wielding an Eminent weapon while wearing level 30 gear for all you know. I just don't think there's a viable way for SE to do this.

This thread is about the equipment search function on this site not ingame. They have an average ilvl function in XIV which takes an average off all the slots and if a slots hasnt got anything in it by player choice that slot is at 0 lowering your ilvl. If you are on a job that cant equip anything in the sub weapon slot then that slot isnt counted.

Theres no point having a system like this on XI as theres gear thats lower level thats still useful which will lower your average ilvl.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-02-05 07:19:41  
Ahhh, gotcha.