フォーラム » FFXI » General » Trust Ciphers!
Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 70 71 72
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-16 17:26:00  
Yah its really annoying. I've even offered to team up with those people when I was out and leveling as well.

I guess most decline because its a miniscule adjustment to their kill speed in exchange for a good old fashioned ~50% Exp nerf... can thank SE for that really.

They should remove the whole team up Exp nerf on mobs now, especially with trusts, it becomes absolutely not worth it to party up in almost all situations.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-08-17 12:57:12  
Who's better of the two Mumor or Uka? or is there no differance becaue i don't want to put bother with Mumor if there is no real differance.
 Odin.Tuis
サーバ: Odin
user: Tuisodin
By Odin.Tuis 2014-08-17 13:43:36  
Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but kupipi seems to cast haste when in party with star Sybil (uka was also in party but I don't think that made a diff).
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-17 14:46:33  
Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Who's better of the two Mumor or Uka? or is there no differance becaue i don't want to put bother with Mumor if there is no real differance.

Uka uses Waltzes to cure, but it less of a DD

Mumor is the better DD but wont waltz.
By gdiShun 2014-08-17 15:47:36  
Mumor also stuns.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-17 16:54:11  
Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
@47/47 Trusts /

Woohoo!
48 trusts.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-08-18 01:32:49  

Overall, Mumor is better imo. Her melee and ws damage is fine for a trust and additionally uses Saber Dance. She also stuns pretty well. Uka isn't really a reliable healer, so you would still summon a healer if you need anyway.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2014-08-18 09:13:10  
Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Overall, Mumor is better imo. Her melee and ws damage is fine for a trust and additionally uses Saber Dance. She also stuns pretty well. Uka isn't really a reliable healer, so you would still summon a healer if you need anyway.

I don't think you'd generally want to use a WHM trust + Uka. More practically, I think she works as a niche healer.
She seems to work well if you, or another actual player in the party are on a healer job. Uka seems to be fast on curing people back from major damage, but doesn't usually top them off, and doesn't have Haste to use. The trust AI doesn't really cooperate, but a player can account for her taking care of some healing.

The other angle is that WHM trusts burn through their MP like nobody's business, but Uka will keep generating TP. So, in situations where you can't dismiss/resummon trusts, she might prove to be particularly useful.

Mumor is certainly the more generally useful though, since she's got a decent combination of DD and utility via steps/sambas/Violent Flourish.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-19 09:45:51  
I use ulka and Coffin works well for me aoeing mobs down her fast heals always keep me up while coffin tops me off ymmv lol.
 Asura.Voidwolf
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2014-08-27 18:33:21  
Who's better, Lion or Aldo?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-27 18:56:46  
Aldo uses bully, sneak attack, mercy stroke variant, Dual wields.

Lion just single melees. All the trust DD are kinda bad, but Aldo > Lion
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-08-28 07:34:05  
Ulka certainly has haste samba that's for sure
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 08:30:27  
I skipped Mumor, but Ulka is great with that haste samba.

Everyone said Mumor sucked and she always annoyed me whenever her event took place in town.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-28 08:39:00  
Btw if you summon both Uka and Mumor the order you summon them chooses the samba they use.

Mumor > Uka = Drain Samba
Uka > Mumor = Haste Samba

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Everyone said Mumor sucked and she always annoyed me whenever her event took place in town.

I hated the event too. It made be feel like an idiot being the only one there cheering on top of it being lame and childish.
[+]
By worstplayer 2014-08-28 17:15:22  
random question, mainly cos I just curious, any trusts that aren't done yet that ppl would like to see, and why? also, what u think they be like? got a few in mind... Gilgamesh (cos he's cool), King Destin + President...Bastok guy (cos they got star Sybil), one of each of the beastmen (cos they done fab+gessho) (can u use gessho trust in gessho fight...?), Yvneolle, sry about spelling, but woman from CoP. any other ideas?
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-28 17:20:15  
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Btw if you summon both Uka and Mumor the order you summon them chooses the samba they use.

I hated the event too. It made be feel like an idiot being the only one there cheering on top of it being lame and childish.

Pretty sure their samba choice is based on a Healer being present or not.

Healer present (WHM, SCH, RDM) = They use Haste
No healer = Use Drain Samba.

Thats what i've noticed... you could be right though
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-28 17:27:22  
Lilisette
Mikhe Ayocha
Choh Moui
Duskraven
Achtelle
Aurehat
Raubahn
Azima
Titania
Kagetora(if he used utsu:san..)
Zonpa-Zippa
Vhino Delkhango
Adelheid Sturm
Portia&Ringaling

first ones that come to mind.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-28 17:29:40  
I hope if we get Mikhe she isnt as terrible as the other monks.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-28 17:30:27  
I just love Leonine Legflail and her berserker-like attitude.
 Asura.Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2014-08-28 17:38:33  
Cid, as long as they made him a Dragoon.
By gdiShun 2014-09-01 04:11:08  
Skilling up now using Gessho as a tank. I noticed that he'll actually hold on to TP until about 150%. If you use a WS anytime between that 100-150%, he'll actually close a SC for you. I'm assuming they programmed that in to help him keep hate. Pretty cool.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-01 07:13:36  
They reprogrammed the AI of most of the Trust.

Roughly 1/2 spam tp moves @ 100% the other half save and attempt to close. (even with each other).

And Ayami (only?) attempt to open skillchains.
By gdiShun 2014-09-01 15:53:45  
Yeah, Ayame will only open skillchains. She'll also use Meditate if you have 100% and she doesn't. I haven't noticed any other Trusts trying to close skillchains though is why I brought it up. :x But then again, thinking about it, the Trusts I most often use are probably the exceptions and not the norm.
 Asura.Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2014-09-01 23:39:50  
Ah just realized 3/4 of the new Trusts require some significant WotG work done.

*** it. Not doing that again.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-05 09:31:57  
Ayame is actually good for breaking trial weapons, as you can program her to use certain SCs. Use a specific SC closer, and she'll then start using the appropriate SC opener (she'll always attempt to perform the best possible SC opener (i.e. Lv3) depending on the last WS you used.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-09-05 10:33:40  
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Asura.Ackeronll said: »

Pretty sure their samba choice is based on a Healer being present or not.

Healer present (WHM, SCH, RDM) = They use Haste
No healer = Use Drain Samba.

Thats what i've noticed... you could be right though
It's (also) based on your HPP.
If at lower HP: drain sambas happen
If keeping at full: haste samba happens

Also: Uka needs to learn that waltz 3 is what she needs to use 90% of the time.... They seemed to have updated the WHMs to not blow their mp as bad as they used to by relegating C5 and C6 to emergencies and cure when C4/3 are appropriate... (y'know... like not ***WHMs)
Whenever Uka heals for me she acts like WHM trusts used to: Oh, you're at 70% HP? sure would be a good idea to cure you now right? nope. I'm gonna wait until you're in critical and waltz5 you.
It's like no one at SE has ever played WHM.......
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-05 10:57:24  
Uka does have some issues. She won't top your HP off ever (if you get to yellow), and it always seems when I'm about to die, she focuses on healing waltz rather than curing. I understand those debuffs are nagging, but her priorities are really jacked up

Then when I REALLY need a cure, she never has TP. Not to mention her accuracy sucks!
So dumb.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-08 16:40:02  
Interesting note:

FerreousCoffin will NOT cast Stona.

I just got petrified and he just melee'd until the mob died. (was not silenced).
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-08 16:45:13  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
it always seems when I'm about to die, she focuses on healing waltz rather than curing.
Welcome to old automaton AI ala-pup. Bwahaha! Feel our pain!
[+]
 Sylph.Leafe
サーバ: Sylph
user: Leafe
By Sylph.Leafe 2014-09-08 17:37:55  
gdiShun said: »
Yeah, Ayame will only open skillchains. She'll also use Meditate if you have 100% and she doesn't. I haven't noticed any other Trusts trying to close skillchains though is why I brought it up. :x But then again, thinking about it, the Trusts I most often use are probably the exceptions and not the norm.
Aldo's another one who's really good about closing skillchains. You should try him out sometime if you managed to get him during the event. ^^
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 70 71 72