user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-11 07:07:21  
Waah how do I get Mihli? ;;
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2013-12-11 07:29:03  
I'm not getting Curilla here.

Rank 10 in all nations. All jobs 99. Done the Savage Blade quest.

I'll run around a few more and see if it unlocks or something.
Any ideas?
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2013-12-11 07:53:40  
Are these one per game day or something?

The Bastok NPC refuses to start any quest now. And Naji talks rubbish as usual when I talk to him :/
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2013-12-11 08:04:28  
Probably not. New day. Nothing still.

Oh well I give up for now lol.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2013-12-11 08:09:34  
You can summon then every 3 minutes.

Are trust allowed in Abyssea? I hadn't check last night
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2013-12-11 10:45:40  
K.. managed to get first 6 now.

How was I supposed to know I had to go back and talk to Excenmille eh? lol

So... are there any others to get now?
 Phoenix.Michiiru
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2013-12-11 10:57:02  
Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »
K.. managed to get first 6 now.

How was I supposed to know I had to go back and talk to Excenmille eh? lol

So... are there any others to get now?

What was the prereq for Curilla? It isn't Savage Blade since I have her on my main but I want her also on my alt.
 Siren.Kentai
サーバ: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2013-12-11 10:58:47  
I haven't had a chance to log in since the December update. How do these ciphers work in comparison to signal pearls? Someone mentioned calling them every three minutes, does that mean you can infinitely use these ciphers all day? Also, do they appear as party members or do they have their own seperate HP bar like an adventuring fellow or pet?
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2013-12-11 11:00:58  
Siren.Kentai said: »
I haven't had a chance to log in since the December update. How do these ciphers work in comparison to signal pearls? Someone mentioned calling them every three minutes, does that mean you can infinitely use these ciphers all day? Also, do they appear as party members or do they have their own seperate HP bar like an adventuring fellow or pet?

More or less, think of the ciphers as magic scrolls. You learn the "Trust Magic" and then you are able to call them to you whenever you wish as long as it's outside of town....I might take them into Besieged for some extra bodies to throw around.
By itchi508 2013-12-11 11:03:10  
So these NPC you can bring along, are they one time use or X amount of uses hour/day? And also are there restrictions to where/what you can do with them or bring them? Are they reatricted to specific areas or quest/mission only? I havnt read much on it and at work atm so kind of curious about it. Sounds cool
By itchi508 2013-12-11 11:05:08  
Phoenix.Michiiru said: »

More or less, think of the ciphers as magic scrolls. You learn the "Trust Magic" and then you are able to call them to you whenever you wish as long as it's outside of town....I might take them into Besieged for some extra bodies to throw around.
Nvm i think this answered my question for the most part. Besides the restrictions they have on where you can use them and do they LV up?
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2013-12-11 11:06:13  
itchi508 said: »

Nvm i think this answered my question for the most part. Besides the restrictions they have on where you can use them and do they LV up?

From what i noticed, they level up with you, as in your level reflects their level. It's really neat as you get higher, but like Demonjustin told me, they don't seem to have support jobs.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2013-12-11 11:13:34  
They are just classed as a magic spell. Like calling an avatar for SMN.

With a recast time. It was about 4 mins recast on Excenmille when I called him to complete the quest.

There was no pre-requisite for Curilla.
I hadn't actually finished the Excenmille quest like a dork lol.
How was I supposed to know there was more?
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2013-12-11 11:18:50  

With a recast time. It was about 4 mins recast on Excenmille when I called him to complete the quest.

O. O But when I go to try and get Curilla, she tells me "It'd behoove you to serve your kingdom more"
 Siren.Kentai
By Siren.Kentai 2013-12-11 11:20:08  
That sounds awesome! Do they appear in your party list? I'm wondering since I normally play drg/mage, trying to see if my wyvern can cure them or not. And, because of the recast time, does that mean they go away after a short amount of time and you have to resummon? Or do they just stay out until they die or you enter an area they can't?
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-12-11 11:23:39  
O. O But when I go to try and get Curilla, she tells me "It'd behoove you to serve your kingdom more"

Nation missions perhaps?
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2013-12-11 11:24:52  
That sounds awesome! Do they appear in your party list? I'm wondering since I normally play drg/mage, trying to see if my wyvern can cure them or not. And, because of the recast time, does that mean they go away after a short amount of time and you have to resummon? Or do they just stay out until they die or you enter an area they can't?

They do indeed appear in your party list, the maximum NPC's that you can summon (That I've done myself) is 3, so it'll be like a party of 4 people. I didn't actually have them depop, but if you need them to go bye bye, gotta highlight them like you're about to /check someone, and hit the "Release" button to make them depop.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2013-12-11 11:25:09  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

Nation missions perhaps?

That would actually make sense, since my mule is only rank 2
 Asura.Daemonarch
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Daemonarch 2013-12-11 11:37:45  
I think they mentioned in the updates "known issues" section that the healing breath from drg won't heal them but they plan on fixing it.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2013-12-11 12:09:36  
I hope so, Trust has a lot of promise if they include good NPC's that people are familiar with.

I already got a few I'd love to see:

Original FFXI:
Maat
Wolfgang
Volker
Iron Eater
Trion

RoTZ:
(Dunno yet)

CoP:
Shikaree Sisters (X,Y,Z)
Prishe
Ulmia

ToAU:
Najelith
Zazarg (Brozarg)
Rughajdeen
Gadalar
Seagull Phratrie Crew (The captain and the female Elvaan)
A few Immortals (Raubahn)
Razfahd
Aphmau
Naja Salaheem

WoTG:
Mayakov
Lilisette
Nolliure

Abyssea:
(Uhhhh...got nothing aside from the cs NPC's you run across before entering the maws, the one with the Hachiryu armor would be a fun guy I bet)

SoA:
Got nothin
 Siren.Kentai
By Siren.Kentai 2013-12-11 12:50:48  
Asura.Daemonarch said: »
I think they mentioned in the updates "known issues" section that the healing breath from drg won't heal them but they plan on fixing it.

Very glad to hear that, thanks for letting me know. It's good that they plan on letting us take advantage of HB and other pet cures. I wonder if this will eventually lead to an overhaul of the fellowship quests.

These new NPCs appear to able to be used endlessly, match your level (without having to level them from 30), and count as actual party members. It'd be nice if they do something to make fellows call-able all the time as well, even though I know the signal pearl plays a huge role in the quest line. It just seems like all the work we did getting our fellows to 95 should be somehow brought up to the level of this new system.

Still this system is a welcome treat!
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2013-12-11 13:37:58  

Oh yeah sorry. The stated pre-requisite for all of them was mission 2-3 completed.
So I assume from that, that you need 2-3 done in the actual nation of the NPC you want?

Never occurred to me as a problem because all my (used) mules are rank 10 in all nations. From back when it was actually passable gil enjoying the missions and earning gil at the same time.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2013-12-11 20:02:24  
Does anyone know where the ciphers drop from? I wanna see what Joachim is like.
 Asura.Ackeronll
サーバ: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-12-11 20:15:53  
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Zeid from the current login campaign Lion from the next the other 4 are from the New Years event.

Was announced in the Trailer for this patch. Sadly Shanttoto was also shown but did not make it in this patch as far as we know.

Currently known NPCs in/coming to trust:

Naji - WAR
Nanaa Mihgo - THF w/ King Cobra Clamp
Curilla - PLD
Kupipi - WHM
Ayame - SAM
Excenmille - PLD

Tenzen - New Years Event
Mihli Aliapoh - New Years Event
Valaineral R Davilles - New Years event
Joachim - New Years Event

Zeid - Login Campaign 6 (500 Points)
Lion - Login Campaign 7

Ajido-Marujido - (MIA atm)
Trion - (MIA atm)
Shantotto - (MIA atm)
 Odin.Rendra
サーバ: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2013-12-11 20:41:17  
Am I the only one that wants to have Selt'heus? I think he'd be pretty awesome in my party! lol
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-12-14 13:10:55  
Obtained by login points, traded Zeid Cipher to start NPC in Bastok.

Zeid:
Spells=
Absorb-Vit, Absorb-TP, Absorb-STR
WaterI-III, Thunder I-III,FireI-III, StoneI-III, BlizzardI-III, Aspir II, Drain and Drain II

WS= Ground Strke, Abyssal Drain (Sanguine Blade type WS), Abyssal Strike, Freezebite, Power Slash

He seems to level up... *not literally but appears to gain access to higher tier spells the longer he is out. I think its really more of Random AI is random since he will use Abyssal Drain at 100% HP.
By Ophannus 2013-12-14 13:29:15  
Quote:
Valaineral R Davilles - New Years eve

Another PLD? -_-

I wish they kept Exenmille a Dragoon that uses Jumps instead of a PLD. By the way is my Exenmille broken? He casts Cure 1 on himself every 10 seconds even at full HP...is that meant to generate hate or something?
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-14 13:39:51  
Odin.Rendra said: »
Am I the only one that wants to have Selt'heus? I think he'd be pretty awesome in my party! lol

I doubt they will do that since it would be lore breaking tbh lol. I mean they could come up with some story like they did with these since its just doppelgangers. It would kinda be spoilers walking around, but meh.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-12-14 14:32:01  
Saw it asked but want to confirm that Trust cannot be used inside Abyssea. Cannot be used in other battlefields like Limbus/Dynamis/Campaign and I'm guessing not in Besieged. They can be used in Reives though. You cannot be in an alliance or have anyone else in your party however if you use them. Solo only. You can still summon your Adventuring Fellow while using Trust. So, self+4Trust+NPC+pet(if on pet job) is the maximum party you can have. Pretty effective for oldworld stuff and definitely helpful on RoE targets/meriting. EXP is earned as if solo but they really speed along kills.

Nanaa Mihgo definitely has Gilfinder (gil not reduced by having multiple party members) and seems to have Treasure Hunter as well. My inventory got clogged a lot with her out and found 3 coffer keys while looking for the coffer in SSG.

Kupipi seems to be buggy. Occasionally she'll be low on MP or have no MP but will never weaponskill to replenish it, even with 300% TP and 0 MP.

Ayame either buggily or tactfully will save her TP to use after you weaponskill. Neat feature but messes up solo-skillchains on DNC like crazy. If you start a fight fresh and she has the TP to WS she will WS right away.

Haven't really used Excenmille, Curilla or Naji. Naji has a joytoy though and double attacks often, Curilla and Excenmille seem to be identical in function but with different weapons. Both spam Flash/Sentinel(i think, maybe it was Rampart? the purple diamond)/Cure I.
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72