フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 73 74 75
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-10-03 23:05:17  
Yeah ok thanks. I read that of course, just wasn't sure if it was still relevant. Looks like I need to change a few things around.
By Crevox 2014-10-07 05:30:38  
Entrust allows a second indi to be run on a party member, allowing you to run:

Indi, Entrust-Indi, GEO

...all at the same time. Also, you can use Entrust, pop an indi on someone, and then leave party. They will keep it.

The entrusted indi receives effects from Widened Compass as expected, and from any indi-duration you have on your equipment (JSE cape and Bagua Pants).
 Ragnarok.Garota
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-10-08 09:30:58  
I've never measured my Indicolure effect duration while wearing my Duration+ gear until using Entrust last night. My Bagua Pants are still at 109, which adds Indicolure duration+12 and my Lifestream Cape has an augmented Indicolure duration+20. The Entrusted Indi-Fury I had cast on a party member wore off at approximately the 6 minute mark, the spell lasted just about 4 minutes. I'm assuming each +1 is percentage based, equal to 1.8 seconds? So it's reasonable that my Indicolure duration+32 is the same as 57.6 seconds.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-10-08 09:34:57  
I think it's %, so you have +32% which means on base 180 sec duration, 57 more secs, there you go with your "about 4 minutes" >3
By Crevox 2014-10-08 09:35:34  
I believe the pants add seconds, 1:1, but I'm not positive. With my 109 pants, I set my timer to +12 (3:12 duration) and it seems to wear off right about there, maybe 3:13.

However, the JSE cape increases Indi duration by a percentage (that has been tested and posted on this site). I don't have a cape with the stat yet personally....
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-10-08 09:41:11  
Hehe, Luloo. You replied while I was mid-edit, I was estimating each +1 is 1% rather than 2 complete seconds.

Crevox, the pants are indeed 1 second per duration+1 and cape is definitely percentage based. An indicolure spell lasted 3:50 with pants and cape just to be sure. It seems that total time of 3:12 with pants are added into the total before calculating the 20% from cape. So that's approximately 38.4 sec, total of 3:50.4 sec.

Also, you can cast Entrust on your Trust NPCs, except Sakura, Moogle, Star Sibyl, or Kuyin Hathdenna.
[+]
By Crevox 2014-10-10 06:47:43  
Seems like Entrust bubbles are weaker somehow. I think they don't benefit from +Geomancy on your gear? It's something like that.

You can cast Indi-Fury on yourself, note the attack, then Entrust Indi-Fury on someone else and go in their's without Indi-Fury on yourself. You get less attack from the entrusted one.

This is very important to keep in mind when using Entrust. For example, in Yorcia, you would not want to Entrust a Vex/Attunement onto someone because of the higher chance of being hit with a status ailment. However, entrusting someone with a Fury/Frailty is a bonus with no problems.
By fractalvoid 2014-10-10 07:45:09  
Bolster and geomancy+ do not effect Entrust. This was stated by dev when the ability was announced.
[+]
By Crevox 2014-10-10 07:46:55  
fractalvoid said: »
Bolster and geomancy+ do not effect Entrust. This was stated by dev when the ability was announced.

Ah, well, there's that then. I was just looking at the Job Adjustments post and patch notes.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-10-10 15:06:49  
fractalvoid said: »

Well that's pretty silly.
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-10-11 21:06:20  
Guess I didn't catch that either because it's not in the actual update notes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-10-21 19:28:18  
What augs for Uk'uxkaj boots when used in an enfeebling set?
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-21 19:48:40  
Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
What augs for Uk'uxkaj boots when used in an enfeebling set?
The enhancement is potency, not duration so generally people stick with augmenting +MND and +Haste, its augmented form is best for RDM main enfeebling for Slow/Para II which work on dMND.

If you are exclusively GEO/blm and doing sleep/ga duty in incursion and never play rdm you could just go with +INT augment instead but I still feel the piece is best specialized with +MND.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-10-21 21:54:38  
I can say with 99% certainty that I will not be taking up RDM, and I also have Artsieq boots path b that are +30 macc and 23 mnd total so wasn't really sure. Guess I'll try the INT aug, thanks.
 Fenrir.Nauta
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Anjou
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-11-02 20:30:46  
Hey guys. I'm starting to explore support jobs and geo really caught my interest. I have some questions. For pts when you're the only buffer, what combination of bubbles would work best(I'm assuming haste/acc or attack/refresh) and which buff would go best with entrust?

When you're not the only buffer or you are the 7th person, which spells do you find yourself using more?
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-11-02 20:39:57  
A lot of times it depends who else is in the party and what you're doing. Torpor and frailty are excellent for some things. Sometimes you're looking at doing haste and focus for a mage pt. Other times it's vex and attunement. It's not common that people ask for attack, acc, or refresh from a geo (probably because they're getting these buffs elsewhere).
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-02 20:46:09  
Fury/Frailty are the ones you want to be doing because they are really strong compared to other attack buffs, it's better to get accuracy from a Brd or Cor than a Geo. However Geo has so many spells that you will likely use at some point, Haste, Torpor, Precision, STR, Vex, Attunement, Focus, Refresh, Acumen, Malaise, Fend, Languor, basically every spell but very few will be used.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nauta
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-11-02 20:49:25  
Thanks for the responses! I guess what I really wanted to know was if geo could solo buff for high tier battle fields on Normal/Difficult. Since we do actually get 3 bubbles now I was thinking maybe geo haste the DDs, indi refresh the mages, and entrust indi attack buff/def down for the DDs.
 Bahamut.Malothar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-11-02 20:58:18  
Fenrir.Nauta said: »
Thanks for the responses! I guess what I really wanted to know was if geo could solo buff for high tier battle fields on Normal/Difficult. Since we do actually get 3 bubbles now I was thinking maybe geo haste the DDs, indi refresh the mages, and entrust indi attack buff/def down for the DDs.

It's possible for sure, but I wouldn't recommend it beyond D at best, with a good group. You end up spreading yourself too thin. The power of Fury + Frailty is capping the att/def ratio. Combined with capped haste, things literally melt. The power of Vex/Attunement is resisting debilitating effects (Yorcia T5 charm/amnesia, Yorcia boss flash, etc) but you won't see much of a difference if you only do one or the other (FWIW, testing on BG showed Vex to generally be the stronger of the two for resisting).

When you're the sole buffer, you find yourself needing to give haste, acc, att, refresh, etc, and you can't do it all. But Geo really is pretty good about getting use out of a large majority of it's spells. Sans the non-useful +base stat ones, and slow/grav/para/poison, nearly everything has a use in some setup.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2014-11-04 12:39:48  
Updated the guide today. Gearsets are up to date and added the new potency of Geomancy spells along with the "Geomancy +" from Dunna and Idris. There are a few spells that still need to be tested if someone wants to do them but most of the important ones are there. Entrust is now listed under the Indicolure section. Cool ability btw, I asked for something exactly like Entrust back in March on the official forums.

"Geomancer fails in single party events due to one reason: We can't spread buffs to everyone. We are limited to 2 effects at any given time. Bards can give double march and double minuet to the damage dealers then run and give ballads to the mages for a total of 7 buffs and possibly more depending on what the party set up needs. This is not even including the enfeebles bards can throw on enemies afterwords such as elegy. Corsair can do the same thing to an extent but not quite as many buffs as bard. They can still split their buffs to benefit everyone in the party. Geomancer is stuck with whichever 2 they choose and can't split their buffs up to benefit both mages and damage dealers without sacrificing something. Allowing us to cast a 2nd Indicolure spells on party members would be a very good start to fixing this huge problem."

I came back about a week ago after taking a 6 month break and Geomancer feels so different now. Geomancy potency is through the roof!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nauta
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-11-08 23:56:12  
Loving geo so far! But I'm still really new to it and haven't taken it to enough events. For things like delve and incursion is rdm the best sub(with a full pdt set for indi)? And for high tier battlefields would rdm still be the preferred sub or is nin best for those?
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Brixy 2014-11-09 00:59:42  
It really depends on the group you go with. For incursion I'm usually geo/blm to handle adds and stunning NMs (Elemental Seal Impact is nice also). If you have someone else to handle adds and stuns then /rdm is fine but I would still choose /blm personally. Most of the high tier battlefields you are better off /rdm or /whm for support due to their high magic evasion.

Need stuns/crowd control= /blm
Have a good stunner/sleeper= /whatever benefits your group the most.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-09 23:54:11  
Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Updated the guide today. Gearsets are up to date and added the new potency of Geomancy spells along with the "Geomancy +" from Dunna and Idris. There are a few spells that still need to be tested if someone wants to do them but most of the important ones are there. Entrust is now listed under the Indicolure section. Cool ability btw, I asked for something exactly like Entrust back in March on the official forums.

"Geomancer fails in single party events due to one reason: We can't spread buffs to everyone. We are limited to 2 effects at any given time. Bards can give double march and double minuet to the damage dealers then run and give ballads to the mages for a total of 7 buffs and possibly more depending on what the party set up needs. This is not even including the enfeebles bards can throw on enemies afterwords such as elegy. Corsair can do the same thing to an extent but not quite as many buffs as bard. They can still split their buffs to benefit everyone in the party. Geomancer is stuck with whichever 2 they choose and can't split their buffs up to benefit both mages and damage dealers without sacrificing something. Allowing us to cast a 2nd Indicolure spells on party members would be a very good start to fixing this huge problem."

I came back about a week ago after taking a 6 month break and Geomancer feels so different now. Geomancy potency is through the roof!

Welcome back ;)
[+]
By Crevox 2014-11-10 00:27:43  
Quote:
Resolved Issues

The issue wherein the "Pet:" effects ofaugments would not apply to luopans.

I did it

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/44643-The-effects-of-the-Isa-Belt-item-do-not-apply-to-Luopans-summoned-by-Geomancers
 Fenrir.Nauta
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-11-10 01:29:51  
new pet pdt-4% earring from unity
 Ragnarok.Luloo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-11-10 07:52:37  
An important question to me since soon i'll be picking up SoA ring and here's the hard decision between rings....
Being capped skills, no merits and full equip (along with Dunna)at 803 combined skills (+7 geo skill on back), would the new geomancy skill +10 help me to get to and upper tier of spells bringing me @813?

Thanks in advance
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Brixy 2014-11-10 08:14:47  
Wont know if it goes into a new tier or not until someone actually gets the ring. Honestly it won't be a big boost even if it does though. Most of the rings offer better benefits overall so if you are trying to choose between geomancy skill or another ring the other ring is probably better unless you focus mainly on GEO. I still plan to get the geo skill + refresh ring on my alt since the main job I play on it is Geomancer.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-11-10 08:35:11  
Thanks a lot brix
By Calibeaner916 2014-11-10 09:25:58  
Thank you so much! been waiting on this! i barely came back to the game and was not sure about the two new jobs! =D
 Ragnarok.Luloo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-11-11 09:14:14  
Another question i woke up with this morning...due to being mab+28 actually affinity on pixie hairpin+1, would this than be better for drain/aspir compared to relic head+1? Thanks in advance again :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 73 74 75