Removed From My LS?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Removed from my LS?
Removed from my LS?
 Ifrit.Havok
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Havok
By Ifrit.Havok 2008-06-18 17:38:59  
I seem to have been removed from my linkshell's list. I can't fix it from my member's menu either, the option isn't even there now.

?
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-06-18 18:45:07  
We're moving to a system where linkshell members are not self-reported. (Caused too many problems with people complaining to us about users adding themselves to linkshells they weren't in, or had been removed from.)

We're going to start only automatically adding members to linkshells based off the POL LS Comm site data. System's still in development so there might be a few hiccups here and there, even for linkshells you do belong to. I'll post more once we have more info.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-06-18 21:54:12  
Havok, what is your exact linkshell name? and what name did you use on ffxiah? I only removed names that contained a space.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-06-19 10:37:07  
I noticed this change yesterday. Would it be possible to leave a way to prioritize the order or at least set a primary linkshell? My profile lists a linkshell I'd forgotten I even had first whereas I'd prefer my social linkshell be the most prominent.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-06-19 23:34:43  
we will put that option back up on the edit chars menu shortly.
 Ifrit.Havok
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Havok
By Ifrit.Havok 2008-06-20 13:43:08  
my LS is this one http://www.ffxiah.com/linkshell.php?ls=933

and I had it entered exactly as LMXVII so i dunno what happened, heh. I guess I need to register with the LS on the POL site?
 Leviathan.Webjester
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2008-06-20 16:52:57  
Noticed that I got dropped from my LS listing sometime recently as well. Are you guys tweaking the LS system atm?
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-06-20 18:53:18  
Yeah, it's mid-tweak. Apologies for any wonkiness in the meantime.

We're trying to make our linkshell system more reliable and trustworthy on our end. Meaning we're moving towards pulling linkshell membership info from the LS Comm official site, rather than having members self-report which linkshells they're in.

It makes our profile pages more reliable, and also prevents the hard-to-verify wackiness of what happens when we get a message saying "I'm the leader of SoAndSo Linkshell, and this guy on your site is so not a member, please remove him." Then the other guy says "Actually, I'm the leader of SoAndSo, and you need to remove the other guy." Etc.

You may notice some linkshell records appearing and disappearing while we tweak stuff.
 Leviathan.Webjester
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2008-06-21 13:12:25  
Slick.
 Hades.Evilpaul
サーバ: Hades
user: Evilpaul
By Hades.Evilpaul 2008-06-21 16:51:26  
Can you add me back to Hades.Epic? I miss the little link thingy ; ;