Torcleaver? Can RUN Use It?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Torcleaver? can RUN use it?
Torcleaver? can RUN use it?
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-11-19 06:56:37  
Someone told me that RUN could use Torcleaver so I went out and made the WoE for it then unlocked it but so far no dice. Is there something I need to do to use Torcleaver on RUN or was I just lied to?
 Shiva.Siral
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2013-11-19 07:14:32  
Only the jobs on the Empy/WOE weapon can use it. So in case of Torcleaver it is PLD/DRK only.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2013-11-19 07:31:32  
SE said a long time ago that RUN/GEO will not be added to EMP/WOE weapons so they can't use the respective weaponskills even if unlocked freely
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-11-19 07:44:23  
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
SE said a long time ago that RUN/GEO will not be added to EMP/WOE weapons so they can't use the respective weaponskills even if unlocked freely
They did mention a Mythic WS tho (Which nobody asks about.....)

Think for next update it be ready.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2013-11-19 08:53:52  
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
They did mention a Mythic WS tho (Which nobody asks about.....)

I'm was really curious about them for RUN/GEO. I mean at this point in the game, I'd be surprised if the mythic WS turned to be even useful at all. But most people wouldn't count on it :p
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-11-19 12:48:54  
So I was lied to get. I have someone to blacklist from here to eternity then.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-11-19 12:58:36  
What Mythic weaponskill? King's Justice? There's no Mythic Great Sword.

I suppose Geomancer wouldn't complain for having Mystic Boon, but there's really nothing in the Mythic line-up that makes sense for Rune Fencer.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-19 13:01:50  
Mythics are job specific, they'll eventually get one down the line but nothing existing.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-11-19 13:51:36  
I highly doubt the mythic quest for RUN and GEO will be anytime soon. SE would likely implement these when they revamp Salvage (if they do).
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-11-19 13:54:03  
The fact that the R/M/Es have been updated shows that enough blind rage can sway their decisions, I'm surprised no one demanded RUN and GEO be added to Relics and Emps and BLU, COR, PUP, DNC, and SCH be added to Relics.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-19 13:56:52  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm surprised no one demanded RUN and GEO be added to Relics and Emps and BLU, COR, PUP, DNC, and SCH be added to Relics.
I made madzillion threads about that!
 Fenrir.Evildemon
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2013-11-19 14:11:06  
I wish they would do that. It's pointless that they don't. Or even just make there own emps or relics for those jobs. There is the nm for emp staff that's by itself and rarely killed for 80/85 version could make a new emp for run or geo on that one or just add them to the other weapons.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-11-19 14:21:58  
Fenrir.Evildemon said: »
I wish they would do that. It's pointless that they don't. Or even just make there own emps or relics for those jobs. There is the nm for emp staff that's by itself and rarely killed for 80/85 version could make a new emp for run or geo on that one or just add them to the other weapons.
They gave reasons as to why Relics would be "overpowered" in the hands of post-ToAU jobs, but I think someone ran some numbers and proved their reasoning to be ***. Their main reason for those jobs not getting Relics is "We don't wanna."
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-11-19 14:36:09  
The fact that the R/M/Es have been updated shows that enough blind rage can sway their decisions, I'm surprised no one demanded RUN and GEO be added to Relics and Emps and BLU, COR, PUP, DNC, and SCH be added to Relics.

Yeah those demands have been going on for years even before RUN and GEO existed. I think most of that crowd is made up of Dancers who want Mandaus. NEVERRRRR
 Fenrir.Evildemon
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2013-11-23 18:00:36  
Thinking back on. I don't remember when mythics came out. Did salvage and mythics come out before or after wotg? Or did they just add sch and dnc to mythics later on. I mean considering sch and dnc didn't even have the old salvage or nyzul gear
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-23 18:03:27  
They were added later since it was plausible(balance wise because they're jse and lore wise cause Balrahn gets around)
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-23 20:13:31  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
They were added later since it was plausible(balance wise because they're jse and lore wise cause Balrahn gets around)
They *could* always ret-con some RUNs and GEOs coming into the Mainlands. Such as groups of them sneaking over into the mainlands right around the time you kill Shadow Lord and gain entry into Dynamis. Within than time, they got dragged into the parallel realms and were overwhelmed by Beastman Hordes, their despair manifesting into either Fomors or spirits of the fallen beastmen.

on that note, they could do the same with the previous expansion jobs, too.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-23 20:51:25  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Yeah those demands have been going on for years even before RUN and GEO existed. I think most of that crowd is made up of Dancers who want Mandaus. NEVERRRRR

Well they did kinda get screwed with Twashtar and Mandau is a godly dagger.
 Fenrir.Evildemon
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2013-11-24 14:16:53  
Lol that would be a good back story but matsui is an idiot and wouldn't do that period. If he did he would just add them and not make it sound cool at all. But it would definitely be in runs favor to get torcleaver and ragnarok. When they get the new mythic. Just to give people options since mythics take a lot more daily hours than a relic.
[+]