フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM kirin solo and other DD set
RDM kirin solo and other DD set
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Psylo
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2013-09-30 04:07:38  
Hello everyone, as said in title wanna solo melee kirin as (assumed) RDM/BLU (only for cocoon)

Any tips are welcome.

First of all, any suggestion on a mixed Tp set :

ItemSet 313829

with all skirmish 3% PDT.

So keep genbu (with good cure augm) or go beatic (3% PDT augm), not sure because have a lot of mag.eva & magic def bonus.

Thks for reply
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2013-09-30 05:09:46  
I think a Beatific Shield would be much more useful than genbu's shield to be honest. All the heavy dmg you do take will be from magic and with Beatific's pdt augs, superior blocking enhancement, shield mastery and obvious magic dmg reduction seems to overwhelming to ignore at least.
By charlo999 2013-09-30 05:46:24  
full skirmish armour with 4% pdt on each = 20%
2 x dark rings = 12%
2 x dark earrings = 4%
umbra cape = 6%(12%) at night)
wiglen gorget = -6% the magic can be offset with mdt on rings
beatific shield 2 shield mastery 4% pdt
can mix and match till 50% depended on augments, defending ring will mean youll need less on gear or can swap out ears for the DA ones
and a haste belt phos belt or higher will cap haste with skirmish gear.

total
2 shield mastery
50% mdt
50% pdt
increased shield block
massive stats/evasion/magic evasion(seriously magic will be lolable, especially if using barspells too)
phalanx
2 refesh 3 regen if /blu add 12 for regen II
boost str= 25 str
temper for 20% da
eat a hydra kofte for about 1000def 1000 attack or 1400 defence with cocoon /blu, I mostlt go /whm for nas and erase to save on medsas at this point cocoon isn't needed.
with full enhancing skill setup 500 skill
and a good req build with ele belts and new skermish armour
grab all the stoneskin enhances set
(ear,neck,belt,legs,hands) = +120 damage absorbed
old content will hardly break stoneskin.
I have only 34% pdt in my set with max everything else and all old stuff ive done is an afk job.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-09-30 07:28:21  
Rdm solo looks boring these days ;\. Ahh, the days I'd fight Suzaku solo at 75cap, damn good times were had, such a nice challenge.

Tbh I'd say GL, but in all honestly Kirin will be the one needing luck.
 Odin.Exeter
サーバ: Odin
user: Exeter
By Odin.Exeter 2013-09-30 08:48:25  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Rdm solo looks boring these days ;\. Ahh, the days I'd fight Suzaku solo at 75cap, damn good times were had, such a nice challenge.

Tbh I'd say GL, but in all honestly Kirin will be the one needing luck.

Bite your tongue heathen! Take a lesson from my good friend Ryuotas on RDM solo.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AberrantDynamo
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Ariaum
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2013-09-30 09:33:17  
Just fyi you could probably kill it before it even smns all 4. @99 with an 85 kannagi nin pld rdm we downed it before it got the second smn even got off, the nin did die one of the fights to a bad timed astral flow > TP move. With newer gear I don't even see this being a issue for rdm though. I don't think I'd even bother with the phys dmg gear and just DD it /nin.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-09-30 10:46:53  
[quote='Odin.Ryuotas' pid=2468251]Was planning on doing this myself in the next little bit, actually. I would recommend going NIN sub instead, because kill speed of the summons is about the most important factor in the fight. Play aggressively until the babies are all dealt with, and then maybe switch to a more defensive build. Kirin himself is quite nonthreatening, so the quicker you can get the babies out of the way, the better; you might not be able to keep up with single wielding, though with SoA weapons, who knows.

[quote='Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai' pid=2468235]Rdm solo looks boring these days ;\. Ahh, the days I'd fight Suzaku solo at 75cap, damn good times were had, such a nice challenge.

Tbh I'd say GL, but in all honestly Kirin will be the one needing luck.[/quote]

Soloing in general is much more sophisticated these days than it ever was in 75 cap. Granted I was not nearly as involved then as I am now with it, but I always remember it being fairly limited to a combination of attrition, DoT, Nukes, Powder Boots, lots of Gravity, lots of Bind, lots of running, and finding a safe place to bring the NM. Ultimately, difficulty is a very subjective term, but if I had to compare Suzaku 75 vs Kirin 99, I would have to say that Kirin would be considerably more challenging to defeat than Suzaku. Kirin [i]and friends[/i] just have so many more variables to consider than normal Suzaku could, and really, the only [i]luck[/i] based variable in the entire fight that I can think of is Seiryu screwing you over with spamming Dispelling Wind. Other than that everything is pretty standard.[/quote]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I personally offer you the challenge of Level Syncing yourself and challenging her at 75 with the general gear and tools you have access to at that time. I did pretty much everything possible with RDM back in those days, and nothing else challenged me more so than Suzaku did.

I don't see Kirin being anywhere near the same difficulty with the tools and equipment you have access to these days, but you're, as it would appear, an established RDM soloist. I would genuinely like to hear what you make of her in comparison to the challenges you can face in today's Vana'diel, should you consider taking up this challenge.

Edit: Apologies for the messed up quote, not sure how to fix it.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-09-30 11:19:06  
Odin.Ryuotas said: »
Fire Set on Nuke, Kite during CS, DoT+Nuke to kill
Would be better off with full MDT, no carols will make resisting it not very likely. Just counter her chainspell with your own spamming stoneskin/utsu. And you would rarely get any nukes off casting utsu all the time with how unreliable slow is to land.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-09-30 11:27:49  
I see, well I no longer play anymore, so I cannot try Kirin myself, but I imagine add spawns to just be a non-issue. With the tools and equipment given to RDM these days, the adds are gonna drop, fast.

It's been awhile since I challenged her, but I remember vaguely the trouble I had were her Double Attacks, they were fairly fierce when in combination with other things.

Paralyze rarely landing, if it even could (idr-she is fire based though) made it a harder fight compared the other challenges offered at that time.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2013-09-30 12:20:28  
Or just silence suzy and win? lol As for kirin it mostly just spams tp moves 10 to 1 melee rounds so I can't see where you are getting double attack...breath caps at 1000 dmg fully unresisted so unless your a taru kinda non-issue too...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-09-30 13:11:00  
@Ariaum your post is a jumble of incorrect remarks / nonsense.
But I will try and respond to your post.

I'm 99% sure the Suzaku outside is immune to silence, otherwise the general strategy Sky shells would have employed was to ES Silence on CS. The common strategy was Chainspell Stun, or SV Carol two PLDs and have them juggle hate. The former being the more common and effective.

The Suzaku summoned by Kirin can, however be silenced and should be pretty easy for a RDM to land reliably now.

I was talking about outside Suzaku at Lv.75 when talking about her Double Attacks.

Breath damage will get resisted into the ground with SoA equipment, phalanx and obviously stoneskin will directly reduce the damage.

Won't even be a problem for a Tarutaru.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-30 13:34:03  
Suzy outside isn't immune to silence, but it's a pain to stick.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-09-30 13:41:44  
Really? well, that's very surprising.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-30 14:02:03  
with tom staff at 90 it was possible, i don't know if the enfeebling update affected it, i haven't fought her since then
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-09-30 14:23:52  
I was able to stick Silence using Water Bomb and Chaotic Eye as BLU.
By charlo999 2013-09-30 16:56:05  
Was curious and needs raise 3 for my gimpy whm so just bought a popset quick and just did it
with only 34% pdt
set I posted with 25% haste
991 attack 982 def

Took 4-5 mins

http://static.ffxiah.com/images/ss/full/36CPJLiVG7kh243g.jpg

http://static.ffxiah.com/images/ss/full/AUijw7tgMUq2iGL0.jpg

95% pre SoA is like this.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-30 17:34:26  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Next time you're bored Charlo I'm curious how rdm soloing arch omega would go since it's also pre adoulin.

I'm thinking of trying arch cristelle as well but never fought before, wondering if razorfury and a rdm to chainspell stun will be enough to kill it fast enough duoing

Isn't arch-omega incredibly resistant to stun?
By charlo999 2013-09-30 18:28:11  
Id prob just kite it and spam stone 1 unless I just /blm or /drk and just turn till stun timer is ready for next tp move
arch omega I guess should be good and the ki zone looks like a gil maker anyway.
 Shiva.Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2013-09-30 19:48:26  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
@Ariaum your post is a jumble of incorrect remarks / nonsense.
But I will try and respond to your post.

I'm 99% sure the Suzaku outside is immune to silence, otherwise the general strategy Sky shells would have employed was to ES Silence on CS. The common strategy was Chainspell Stun, or SV Carol two PLDs and have them juggle hate. The former being the more common and effective.

The Suzaku summoned by Kirin can, however be silenced and should be pretty easy for a RDM to land reliably now.

I was talking about outside Suzaku at Lv.75 when talking about her Double Attacks.

Breath damage will get resisted into the ground with SoA equipment, phalanx and obviously stoneskin will directly reduce the damage.

Won't even be a problem for a Tarutaru.

Wrong your mages where terrible if they couldn't land silence on suzy @75 it was common, it just appears you play with terrible or are terrible yourself, and should feel bad. Why silence something that is going to die in 1-2 ws.
 Odin.Exeter
user: Exeter
By Odin.Exeter 2013-09-30 20:01:08  
Shiva.Ariaum said: »
Wrong your mages where terrible if they couldn't land silence on suzy @75 it was common, it just appears you play with terrible or are terrible yourself, and should feel bad. Why silence something that is going to die in 1-2 ws.

[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-09-30 20:13:09  
You couldn't call mages at lvl75 terrible for being unable to reliably (key word) stick silence on Suzaku to use it in a reliable strategy.

Chainspell stunning or shadowbinding were common ways at 75 for dealing with CS, it would of been a waste of time for a mage to be spamming silence on it even with the very best gear a RDM had access to at 75 it stuck usually only for a few seconds and took a few casts to land. It's not like trying to land gravity on Kirin at 75 which was easy even as BLM, silencing Suzaku was harder. As for level 90-99 the last Suzy I did would of been with a capped 99 SCH in pretty much the best pre Adoulin enfeeb set, he spammed silence knowing it doesn't reliably land but that's part of the fun and I was quite safe tanking. It landed on the third try I think it was an immuno-break message but it did last a while.

A RDM would find it easier to land, could well be around a 50-70% stick rate for a RDM in capped gear now making it a worthwhile cast. But to say your mages are crap if they couldn't land silence and reliably (otherwise what would be the point) at 75 on Suzy is an outlandish statement.

Oh and it's "were terrible" not "where terrible".
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-30 21:18:16  
Sylph.Krsone said: »
You couldn't call mages at lvl75 terrible for being unable to reliably (key word) stick silence on Suzaku to use it in a reliable strategy.

Chainspell stunning or shadowbinding were common ways at 75 for dealing with CS, it would of been a waste of time for a mage to be spamming silence on it even with the very best gear a RDM had access to at 75 it stuck usually only for a few seconds and took a few casts to land. It's not like trying to land gravity on Kirin at 75 which was easy even as BLM, silencing Suzaku was harder. As for level 90-99 the last Suzy I did would of been with a capped 99 SCH in pretty much the best pre Adoulin enfeeb set, he spammed silence knowing it doesn't reliably land but that's part of the fun and I was quite safe tanking. It landed on the third try I think it was an immuno-break message but it did last a while.

A RDM would find it easier to land, could well be around a 50-70% stick rate for a RDM in capped gear now making it a worthwhile cast. But to say your mages are crap if they couldn't land silence and reliably (otherwise what would be the point) at 75 on Suzy is an outlandish statement.

Oh and it's "were terrible" not "where terrible".

Just to be clear, even a WHM can LAND silence, making it land unresisted and full duration is a different thing altogether.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-09-30 22:12:45  
I remember landing silence a couple times, but I also remember silence being resisted most of the time even with ES.
First Page 2 3 4