フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Campaign » Restore Campign
Restore Campign
First Page 2
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-08-22 02:28:14  
SquareEnix. You have four weeks to fix campaign. If you need to hire people on for free, just let us know. Seems like you're doing some good things lately so we're happy. Now... some of us don't give a ***about your level 147 ***-mode bs weapons. Some of us liked you for the story. Some of us used to think that Meriphataud Mountains was that one zone that should never fall and we maybe... just maybe role-played it a bit.

Get your ***together and quit *** with mog garden level 5 and start fixing thing good things you had...

I am *** sick of how you treat campaign.

I AM *** SICK OF HOW YOU ABANDONED THAT WHOLE EXPANSION!

I know this will be nerf'd and no cuss words will make it through.

They said Lilisette was one of their most popular characters on the vote-for-shantotto campaign.

Watch this video and tell me you aren't ready to slit some turtles, birds, or orcs throats.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-08-22 02:33:32  
I am not joking. Four weeks. One billing cycle. Cait Sith and Atomos in four weeks and a revamp of campaign or I'm *** done.

Day 31 - 30 remain. No reply from SquareEnix prime. I just posted this so we'll see how it goes.
 Carbuncle.Chibiclone
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Chibiclone 2013-08-22 02:58:55  
A) This isn't an SE board and they will not see it here.

B) They don't care about 1 person making an "ultimatum" of quitting the game if you don't get what you want. You're 1 person and they don't care about you. Even if your ultimatum was that you'd hack the severs and crash them they wouldn't take you seriously and they'd ignore you just like they will from this.

c) Goodbye.
[+]
 Siren.Knivesz
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-22 03:12:00  
On an unrelated side note alot of people (at least most people I know) thought the Wings of the Goddess expansion storyline was like the worst thing ever. I actually enjoyed the storyline though and especially liked the Windurst line cutscenes. Only storyline I enjoyed more was CoP. In my opinion the ziliart storyline was the worst of the four. Its so bad I don't even remember the cutscenes or wtf the missions were on that besides divine might. It was an utterly forgettable storyline.

On topic while campaign was enjoyable when it came out (hundredfold fold better than Adoulin reives ever were) abyssea pretty much nuked its relevance by how fast people can level in there. Don't see what other reason you would do campaign for anymore at this stage of the game.
By Treizekordero 2013-08-22 04:45:23  
Would be nice to see campaign come back.. maybe as an alternative for dynamis currency? I'd like to see it be a place to gain skill ups for lvl 60+.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-22 04:54:23  
This expansion was always meh to me. I would give it MUCH more credit if they would remove all the BS road blocks in Jugner [S] absolutely pointless.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-08-22 04:55:37  
D) They actually like me a lot.
Carbuncle.Chibiclone said: »
A) This isn't an SE board and they will not see it here.

B) They don't care about 1 person making an "ultimatum" of quitting the game if you don't get what you want. You're 1 person and they don't care about you. Even if your ultimatum was that you'd hack the severs and crash them they wouldn't take you seriously and they'd ignore you just like they will from this.

c) Goodbye.

I'm gonna go with it though. We're still on day 30... let's see how much they don't care about me.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-08-22 04:56:20  
campaign is and always has been awful, the time:reward ratio is ridiculous and nothing was remotely challenging in any battle at 75

the only difficulty associated with it was the obscene regen rate that zvahl has hindering ability to control it on low population servers

really, leave it buried if anyone cares that much they can solo access to nocturnus bc now probably
By Heimdel 2013-08-22 05:01:04  
It really wouldn't be hard to fix campaign and make it attractive to people again. Simply make its focus more on skillups instead the xp. Just make it give skill ups on a tiered system (we all know how much SE loves doing things by tiers). Depending on the zone diff areas would have different skill caps. The zones outside main towns would be the lowest cap (maybe even lower the mob levels so -75 jobs can survive there. Then next tier would be the mid lands like rolan and merph. Then the next level would be the outlands and finally followed by caped levels being strongholds and inside the towns themselves. This would get people doing them again and keep them from all siting in a single zone to skill up and would increase how often zones are controlled. OF course add auto RR to campaign flag and warps to the strong holds. Some improved drops wouldn't hurt either.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-22 05:15:52  
Really.... just really.

You are complaining about a way of getting exp... even though we have much better ways these days the provide a much.larger amount of exp in a smaller amount of time. Only reason it was so popular at 75 was you didnt need to be a rdm brd drg cor or sam to get exp/limit points.

As pointed out above this isnt the official forums you should have posted this there. Why would you want to take SEs attention away from current content?
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-08-22 05:42:45  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Really.... just really.

You are complaining about a way of getting exp...

No one was talking about experience points. If you're having a hard time just walking out the door of your moghouse and not falling into a few thousand... than I feel bad for you son.

I like the system of campaign, but it needs some... OH HEY WE'RE LEVEL 119 NOW content. It doesn't /need/ it, but it would be nice if they adjusted it. Last week on my server bastok was completely wiped out. This week... sandy and bastok have their home nations and that's it.

It could be adjusted to make to worth doing. If you wanna *** around and bicker about how it's old content then just go suck on a bag of d***s and die. kthxbai

We don't need the "old content is old and blah blah blah" brigade to come up in here and preach about how lovely the new system is. (it's awesome; I know. Just... spread the awesome to some old stuff too and don't forget about it).
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-22 06:12:37  
All it was designed for is exping they added union rewards later on when it was becoming quieter. As for the bag of *** and go die comment grow up and learn how to speak to people. Not everything needs to be updated to level 99/119 there are plenty of games out there that release new more powerful stuff each expansion and dont update the previous weapons, gear or content.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-08-22 06:27:38  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
I am not joking. Four weeks. One billing cycle. Cait Sith and Atomos in four weeks and a revamp of campaign or I'm *** done.

Day 31 - 30 remain. No reply from SquareEnix prime. I just posted this so we'll see how it goes.
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
By Pantafernando 2013-08-22 06:30:18  
All it was designed for is exping they added union rewards later on when it was becoming quieter. As for the bag of *** and go die comment grow up and learn how to speak to people. Not everything needs to be updated to level 99/119 there are plenty of games out there that release new more powerful stuff each expansion and dont update the previous weapons, gear or content.

Sure.
Someone that answer like that would do a favor leaving ffxi for good...
So please SE, dont touch anything for 30 days. After 31 days, revamp everything.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-08-22 06:32:25  
Pantafernando said: »

Sure.
So please SE, dont touch anything for 30 days. After 31 days, revamp everything.
You either quoted the wrong person or you are just as stupid as the op.
By Fyyvoaa 2013-08-22 06:38:23  
kbye
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-08-22 06:44:19  
That is it SE. I am gonna throw such a *** fit if eco warrior isn't updated. omg you are letting it rot!
 Shiva.Jirachi
サーバ: Shiva
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-08-22 06:51:15  
SquareEnix. You have four weeks to fix campaign. If you need to hire people on for free, just let us know. Seems like you're doing some good things lately so we're happy. Now... some of us don't give a ***about your level 147 ***-mode bs weapons. Some of us liked you for the story. Some of us used to think that Meriphataud Mountains was that one zone that should never fall and we maybe... just maybe role-played it a bit.

Get your ***together and quit *** with mog garden level 5 and start fixing thing good things you had...

They said Lilisette was one of their most popular characters on the vote-for-shantotto campaign.

Watch this video and tell me you aren't ready to slit some turtles, birds, or orcs throats.

I'd agree, it seems like as they've made new areas for players to go to even Beseiged is dying out, we lost the Astral Compass 3 times before the mobs reached level 5 again.

I enjoy campaign battling as for i'm not much for delve and stuff (besides enough people are complaining about RUN and GEO AF they are going to make an AF4 set for those jobs we can go get that later)
I tried campaign battling but windurst never owned any areas and any time i stored up tabs it was going to dead campaigns.

I really do like that video though i'm going to have to download that.

Campaign battle wise, I'd like to see them at least up the level of the NPCs, even if its from 75-80 Those NPCs have died more than any player on this game in the last few years.
                - My proof? I went to windurst and sat there for
                    1 week while i was on vacation and Sonia had
                     died 47 times in those 7 days.
Now that 47 isn't accurate its just what i seen in the chat log when ever i checked up and skimmed through, probably more.

I really think that they need to update something in campaign, but goddess help us dont let them increase the level of the mobs again.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2013-08-22 06:54:03  
Of all old content why flip a *** about campaign? Why not bring back garrison in new areas? Or why not something with ballista and brenner? You must think you're one special *** snowflake to demand a whole update for your wants and needs.

go suck on a bag of d***s and die. kthxbai

Seriously? Not even going to get on your level. When you quit XI please leave these forums too. SE couldn't care less about you, which is how people here will feel too after they read your pathetic cry of a thread.

Edit: Thanks Morier
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-08-22 06:57:43  
couldn't* care less
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-22 07:06:05  

Sure.

Oh I do hope you quoted the wrong person there but yeah I quit yesterday.
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-08-22 07:07:41  
Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »
Of all old content why flip a *** about campaign? Why not bring back garrison in new areas? Or why not something with ballista and brenner? You must think you're one special *** snowflake to demand a whole update for your wants and needs.

Brenner and Ballista are still doable at uncapped levels, actually i seen videos about it still where people are using their Kannagi's and their Delve whatcha-ma-callits

Garrison is something ive done before but actually, thats still doable, see if you friends want to do it, im pretty sure people still have signal pearls (at least i still play with mine every so often)

Maybe they can make a Brenner II, Ballista II Garrison II like they do with every other thing in this game, or Neo Brenner Neo Ballista.
--but wait they don't allow gear changes or your penalized right?
=== Thats maybe why people stopped using it to start with====

Summery: They should probably remake a bunch of old timers events, but they are too busy dealing with IV and (yes i know its a different set of people but it still pulls some focus) making more and more gear to finish this current expansion.

Edit: Oh and still many people enjoy campaign but its not something thats easy to solo. Even if there are 10 mobs in a wave, hitting you for 20 dmg each thats 200 dmg a round, if your on a NIN lets say you dodge half thats still 100 a round, if your in a windurst area and your fighting NIN mobs your getting full of debuffs.

Why not pull mobs off to the side you ask? Got an answer for ya already.
Maybe you can get a few pulled off without links, but catch the NM and even a lv99 empy +2 healing breath macro set out delve polearmed DRG struggles with those NMs, as a lv85 RUN i was still getting hit for over 200 dmg by that in ptd-15% gear.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-08-22 07:08:43  

You don't know SE much, do you?

After ToAU was released, they abandoned CoP/RotZ

After WotG was released, they abandoned ToAU (well, they did give us NNI and Salvage V2, but those don't count since they were catered to level 99 crap).

After Abyssea was released, they abandoned WotG...mostly. Sure, we got a few final missions, but their focus was all Abyssea.

Now that SoA is out, Abyssea is being ignored. Yeah, we have that Atma campaign, but Abyssea is done and over with.

I'm sure that when the next release of good crap comes out, they will ignore SoA too.

SE is like an ADD child, when you got their attention, you keep it until something else grabs their attention.

um...no
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-08-22 07:12:56  
You aren't even a blip on their radar.
By Pantafernando 2013-08-22 07:15:01  

Sure.

Im an adept to high level discussion and respect among all people.
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-08-22 07:17:51  
Phoenix.Morier said: »

Actually, if you haven't noticed SE loves us all, people wanted CoP areas and Zilart areas uncapped, took a while but they did it.

They wanted more expansions We got A moogles, Shantotto, ACP.
They let us vote for the next NPC to be the star of their next Mission series.

so. No maybe they don't love us each specifically, but No they don't hate us either.

If you don't like anything listed above, try to make a game, and try to make EVERY player happy.
Because guess what
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-08-22 07:22:09  
Shiva.Jirachi said: »
Phoenix.Morier said: »

Actually, if you haven't noticed SE loves us all, people wanted CoP areas and Zilart areas uncapped, took a while but they did it.

They wanted more expansions We got A moogles, Shantotto, ACP.
They let us vote for the next NPC to be the star of their next Mission series.

so. No maybe they don't love us each specifically, but No they don't hate us either.

If you don't like anything listed above, try to make a game, and try to make EVERY player happy.
Because guess what
You lack any semblance of reading comprehension.At no point did I say they hated anyone.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-22 07:24:24  

Sure.

Ok then I didnt say this 31 days crap that was another person called Esdain. Cant you point out what was wrong in my post about campaign being designed for exp?
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-08-22 07:24:29  
They use aurore feet on MNK. No loss this day
By Pantafernando 2013-08-22 07:25:52  

Sure.

Ok then I didnt say this 31 days crap that was another person called Esdain. Cant you point out what was wrong in my post about campaign being designed for exp?

First quote was an agreement quote. Not an oposing quote.
First Page 2