Cor Meleeing In Delve -- Worth It?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Cor meleeing in Delve -- worth it?
Cor meleeing in Delve -- worth it?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Wizkid
By Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid 2013-08-07 01:00:41  
What would be the best weapon skill to use if you're meleeing and using quick draw? Would Last Stand still be best or should we switch to requiescat in this sense?

Is our damage output even worth a white mages mp assuming we have near-optimal tp/ws sets?
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-07 01:15:09  
WHM is using Curaga for the most part in Delve, so as long as you're not dying and not a burden on status removal and you can still perform your main job (rolls) you're actually just free MP for a properly geared WHM.
By fractalvoid 2013-08-07 01:15:56  
With combat skill on items over item level 100, it's not hard to shoot fodder mobs in Delve with Surefire at all. That being said, shooting is likely not fastest source of DPS, and I would stick to melee-ing and WS with Last Stand as this point in time if you're really inclined to do so in fodder parties.

Haven't bothered trying to shoot on NMs in fracture on COR yet, still /WHM and don't think that will change for a bit.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wizkid
By Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid 2013-08-07 15:51:06  
Fractalvoid, I was indeed referring more towards shooting NMs and mega boss. I suppose cor is ultimately a back line job in charge of clutch cures and hastes.
 Bahamut.Orinthia
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Orinthia
By Bahamut.Orinthia 2013-08-07 16:27:41  
You should have little issue shooting anything in delve now, provided you're at least using an item leveled gun (get surefire at least). Though other delve weapons are just as powerful in relieving acc issues, so using a delve sword and/or dagger for melee is extremely potent.
By Luvbunny1 2013-08-07 16:32:26  
Normal farming fodder mobs you could probably meleeing + help cure and whatnot, and sleeping links, which is more important. Between maintaining rolls, helping cures, and sleeping adds, I don't think you will have enough time to melee.

NM tier 1-5 farm, you must focus on rolls, swapping party at the ready, and then stay out away from harm's way and help status removal + haste your party members. As well as sleeping links that repop during NMs battle - this do happens, and it can go straight to your mages.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-07 16:32:38  
Use Last Stand and keep Requiescat available for physical resistant mobs.