users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Gilgamesh » Fishy stuff
Fishy stuff
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-08 18:18:17  
Has anyone else on gilgamesh noticed all the price manipulation today? snipers have long history of sales around 190k then one and suddenly all the ones after are 80k... the same has happened with lots of other items eg Astral ring, Victory ring, Fowling earring and more. (keep trying to buy a damn sniper for 80k) One item, Unji has gone up to 300k after having solid history at 100k which is different to all the other items. Due to the scale of it, it has to be rmt, but its just left me jelous wanting these items for the cheap amounts even though i wont get one unless a real player falls into the trap /shrug.

Anyone else noticed/got any views?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-08 18:22:02  
Yea I was just looking at the bloodwood logs raising like crazy, last I knew it was at 70k a piece now 100k
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-08 18:24:33  
Why do u think they are raising some but dropping others so much? Elusive earring gone from 280k to 80k :/ just going all over ffxiah history of these rmt shows the items that have changed, hell im standingnext to one of them in jeuno! /slap
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-08 18:26:26  
They raise the prices of items they have alot of.
and drop the prices of items they need.
oh this has bee happening on asura for (long time)
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 18:35:12  
Why the *** can't I find snipers at 80k?????
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-08 18:39:02  
does this mean they gonna buy a ton of snipers for cheap then put prices way up?
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-07-08 18:40:05  
Wish I bought my snipers when they were down to 190k 8( they 250k now.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-08 18:48:58  
Minusseven said:
does this mean they gonna buy a ton of snipers for cheap then put prices way up?

That's the usual case. If you had the income atm, you could play the AH pretty well.

Buy a few different things, couple of Astral Rings, couple of Snipers Rings, etc etc. Put them on AH when prices "spike" or "go back to normal" assuming the prices are lower now than they normally are.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-08 19:13:47  
i suppose i better try get one sooner than later then! D:!
 Phoenix.Joz
サーバ: Phoenix
user: joz
By Phoenix.Joz 2009-07-08 20:48:52  
That happened with Emperor Hairpins about a month ago on Phoenix. :(

They would go down to 200,00 then it was all bought up and resold for 600,000. I camped the AH hoping to get lucky but they are so quick! And I feel so bad for everyone that sold theirs for 200k. The price is currently back at 600k now.
 Caitsith.Xiong
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-07-08 20:51:37  
LOL! and they ban honest players who garden WTF SE?! Even if some of those players aren't RMT that are fixing prices, I do believe that is against the ToS. They really ought to ban them.

/point /laugh STF!
 Valefor.Lilbusta
サーバ: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-08 20:52:30
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I'm just surprised to see a lot of stuff I bought a long time ago raise in price. I'm trying to sell my Blackjack and I don't remember it being 500k when I bought it.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
サーバ: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-07-08 21:06:03  
Xiong said:
LOL! and they ban honest players who garden WTF SE?! Even if some of those players aren't RMT that are fixing prices, I do believe that is against the ToS. They really ought to ban them.

/point /laugh STF!

Price fixing isn't a bannable offense.
 Gilgamesh.Darktrance
By Gilgamesh.Darktrance 2009-07-09 01:29:01  
Chiv Chain, Fowling Earring, Minuet Earring.. Price adjustments being done on those and others by alot of the same I had posted about a month ago. No one cares till it effects them, and it when it effects them, those around ya just tell ya to quit wasting their time by making them aware of it.

I had already made SE aware of similar activity then.. nothing happened then, unlikely that anything will happen now. Just stop buying/selling stuff for a week or so, and it'll go away again. It's sad, but ultimately pointless to try and change things. Just try and protect yourself by checking price histories on here, and make your friends aware to save the from doing something dumb like selling a Chiv Chain for 70k.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-07-09 01:37:32  
Hi minus :)
I have been noticing the AH price manipulation ever since I bought my Chiv Chain a while back,there were some listed at 80k which was well below the usual price..........I did try and get one at that price but couldn't .lol

Have you done your limit break 2 yet? I need to do that on Shayala so if you haven't done it can you let me tag along when you do please?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-09 01:41:35  
I JUST SAW A DIRTY PINK WALLET O.o
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-09 06:40:29  
Shayala said:
Hi minus :)
I have been noticing the AH price manipulation ever since I bought my Chiv Chain a while back,there were some listed at 80k which was well below the usual price..........I did try and get one at that price but couldn't .lol

Have you done your limit break 2 yet? I need to do that on Shayala so if you haven't done it can you let me tag along when you do please?

Aw i did it just yesterday! :'( sorry! its not such a bad one though just got to kill 3 mobs, no hard drops or anything
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-07-09 06:45:32  
Oh well,I thought you might have done it already when I saw you were in Xarcabard last night.
I obviously have done LB2 on Miala as she is level 60,Kiroko helped us and we ended up alliancing another group who had just wiped whilst trying.When me (Miala) and Hugh tried it on our own we wiped twice.lol
I have been stuck at 55 on Shayala for ages now :( nobody wants to help kill those NM's. I guess i'll just have to hang around and hope another group kills them and I can nip in and get the key item afterwards.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-09 06:49:46  
Shayala said:
Oh well,I thought you might have done it already when I saw you were in Xarcabard last night.
I obviously have done LB2 on Miala as she is level 60,Kiroko helped us and we ended up alliancing another group who had just wiped whilst trying.When me (Miala) and Hugh tried it on our own we wiped twice.lol
I have been stuck at 55 on Shayala for ages now :( nobody wants to help kill those NM's. I guess i'll just have to hang around and hope another group kills them and I can nip in and get the key item afterwards.

If u wanna do it, im sure i can find someone to help also, i ended up with me 55thf 71 whm 71 drg and 65 war to do it. ill be online in probly about an hour
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-07-09 07:07:43  
I can be online in an hour if there are folks willing to help :)
Don't put your self out though if you have other stuff to do!
Shayala has no linkshell at the moment because the one she was in (Demonsbane) seems to have disbanded,the leader hasn't been online for months-so I threw the linksack away.lol
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-09 07:41:40  
Im online now, i can most likely get you a pearl too if you would like one ^^
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2009-07-09 08:58:38  
Fuma Sune-ate's where the same thing too, prices dropped to around 80K but when i tried to buy, ended up going for 320~ I think. And Shayala if you need any help with anything, let me know.
[+]
 Asura.Chefm
サーバ: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2009-07-09 11:10:16  
RMT that all there is RMT nothing more nothing less RMT
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-07-09 11:54:49  
Xarchangel said:
Fuma Sune-ate's where the same thing too, prices dropped to around 80K but when i tried to buy, ended up going for 320~ I think. And Shayala if you need any help with anything, let me know.

Hey Xarchangel :)
I got help from Minusseven,Onepenny and Sobane(I think that was his name) this afternoon for LB2,so it is done and dusted :) Thanks for the offer though,i'll keep you in mind when I have to go and get the Yagudo Glue for DNC AF.lol
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2009-07-09 12:02:52  
Sonore ;) & grats :D
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-07-09 12:06:14  
Ok thanks Onepenny,I was trying my damndest to remember the name(i'm rubbish at names.lol)
You were all a really big help!!! Thanks again ^^
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2009-07-09 12:18:51  
nothing i didnt also had someone do for me ;) tho sometimes ppl forget that :p
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-07-09 12:48:59  
I've had mostly good experiences on Gilgamesh with other players thankfully ^^
I have never seen any of the drama you sometimes read about on this site.

If I can help you with anything at any time just let me know!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2009-07-09 12:53:58  
thats cause you dont have HL yet ;) until i had my 1st 75 i thought everyone in this game was so nice and helpful

then i got my wake up call lol drama is usualy in HL events thats why i like to entertain myself doing xp :p
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger
By Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger 2009-07-09 14:37:27  
Elemental Torque went from 300k to 100k in like 3 days
Enfeebling torque 600k>900k in 2 weeks ...
wtf >.<
First Page 2