users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » "Your item will sell in x.xx days."
"Your item will sell in x.xx days."
 Alexander.Haldarn
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Haldarn
By Alexander.Haldarn 2008-06-08 18:45:42  
I want to clear as much stuff out of my Mog Locker in as quick a time possible. To do this, I look at the stock/sale rate ratio - the lower the result, the quicker I know the item will get through the auction house and turn into gil so I can list new items and have ready gil to spend!

The sale rate is a great guideline, but it doesn't take into account Current Stock.

Example using figures from the current moment:

[12x Prism Powder] is Very Fast (20.181 sold/day), currently 29 in stock. Selling at the current price, you would expect to sell your stack in {(29+1)/20.181} = 1.48 days.
But [Seer's Slacks +1] is only Average (1.739 sold/day), currently 1 in stock. The same calculation would suggest this item would sell in just 1.15 days.

Is it possible to include on an individual item's page a simple calculation of (Stock+1)/Rate to help us decide the best order to sell our items in?
 Asura.Moraine
サーバ: Asura
user: moraine
By Asura.Moraine 2008-06-09 08:54:25  
their is actually no way to figure that. if it has an average for 2.38 items sold per day with none in stock, you might put yours up and not sell it for 3 days, of 10 other people could also put said item up for sale.

the people that run the site could prove me totaly wrong though.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-06-09 09:26:52  
I think this would be very misleading. If you really want your items to sell fast, just sell them for less than everyone else and yours will be the first to sell.

Some items that sell only once every five days will sell immediately after being listed. In other words they sell slowly because of low supply, not low demand.

Quit being a packrat and just sell your stuff. With the current economy, you're usually better off selling things now and buying them back later at a lower price if you really needed them.
 Alexander.Haldarn
サーバ: Alexander
user: Haldarn
By Alexander.Haldarn 2008-06-09 11:08:38  
It's not about being a packrat, it's about generating 20-30 items to sell in a week when you haven't had a chance to go to Jeuno.

I just like to clear as quickly as poss, and it's a method that I use. I was just trying to save me the bit of extra effort and share my method with others.

Yep, granted other people could list after you do (curse those other humans!), but it's only to help judge what'd be quicker at the time you're in front of the AH.

*Of course* undercutting would make it sell faster, but that's hardly the point at all.