users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Full Support
Full Support
 Odin.Shuinam
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Tyrael
By Odin.Shuinam 2013-06-20 20:39:20  
Ok so on Tojil runs I am asked to /whm like back at 75 endgame events. My big question here is what kind of MP+ and the like gears can I find in order to help with our terrible mp pool. This is currently not covered by the guide, so I figured ppl could reply with what they used Vs BiS. Thanks
 Odin.Brozzzz
user: Brozzzz
By Odin.Brozzzz 2013-06-20 21:11:50  
Just quickly threw these together so there might be other options. This is something I would see working as corsair support.

ItemSet 305156

ItemSet 305154

*** There are many options for MP gear etc so pieces in these sets can be switched around.
By Keymon 2013-06-20 21:27:53  
ItemSet 305157

+692 MP I think? Could use talekeeper instead.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-21 08:39:44  
Keymon said: »
ItemSet 305157

+692 MP I think? Could use talekeeper instead.

Can get +100 MP on gun slot, and loq earring for +30
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-21 08:41:34  
Odin.Shuinam said: »
Ok so on Tojil runs I am asked to /whm like back at 75 endgame events. My big question here is what kind of MP+ and the like gears can I find in order to help with our terrible mp pool. This is currently not covered by the guide, so I figured ppl could reply with what they used Vs BiS. Thanks

Honestly no point to have max MP on every slot, when you roll you need to swap head/hands/legs/ring out and you also need refresh pieces on head/grip/ear/legs/ring.
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2013-06-21 10:38:16  
Going /whm is silly. Between the Whms and the Brds, there should be plenty of -na/erase to go around. If you're casting dia2 every 2 min, haste for 1-2 dds and tossing clutch cures, going /rdm and having access to convert/refresh/fastcast is a better choice.

I understand that's up to the ally lead and all, but you should make the case for it, it's better overall.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-21 13:17:48  
Asura.Solara said: »
Going /whm is silly. Between the Whms and the Brds, there should be plenty of -na/erase to go around. If you're casting dia2 every 2 min, haste for 1-2 dds and tossing clutch cures, going /rdm and having access to convert/refresh/fastcast is a better choice.

I understand that's up to the ally lead and all, but you should make the case for it, it's better overall.

I don't find refresh/convert THAT necessary with BRD ballad+evoker though, unless your stun/heals are just terribad and everyone running out of MP. So the only advantage of /RDM is MAB in case if you needed it and FC. However faster -na may help faster kill speed, even if it's just a few sec faster -na. Having only BRD to -na may ended up too slow, and WHM should be focus on cures.

Any -na/haste delayed = DPS lose. If 2 DDs needs stona, BRD stona 1 then stona next one, or have WHM cure 1st then stona next DD, that's dmg lose while 2nd DD waiting for stona.

Overall I don't see /WHM inferior to /RDM for support, as long as you have enough ballads/refresh gears.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-06-21 13:31:07  
Depending on the bard it can be tricky convincing them to ballad you, especially when cor brd rotations are not in sync. In a cor rotation getting 11s is a bit of a crap shoot also since you don't double up past 5. DDs should be bringing remedy and panacea for debuffs the whm can't remove quickly. I find /rdm to be quite helpful for guaranteed refresh and convert. I had forgotten about oneiros grip though... will definitely be grabbing one of those for a third tick of refresh.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-21 13:31:53  
As rdm sub without mp merits you have less than 200 mp iirc. Converting with that pool is beyond silly.

Either way if white mages aren't sleeping evoker and ballads should be enough(cures happen here and there but they should not be your main focus).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-21 13:33:15  
You don't aim for 11, but why should you stop at 5? Bard isn't ballading you alone, you're staying near the mages so you're getting it anyway, you'll only miss one if you happen to run in to roll while bard is singing.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-06-21 13:35:18  
No I meant you double up at 5 if it's not a lucky. You stop at 6. And when both the brd and cor are rotating, the brds I run with tend to pianissimo ballad the whm... it sucks but that's life.

Edit: My idle set on cor as /mage has 410 mp.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-21 13:40:41  
No, you don't need to stop at 6, not on chaos/hunter at least. Unless you have one bust up already and fold down. You stop at 7 and snake eye on unlucky.

And max mp in idle is worthless if you lose it as soon as you roll, as Afania mentioned already.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-06-21 14:02:33  
Have to think more like a red mage. MP in your /mage idle set gives you a haste and a cure as soon as you convert. Also race and size matter here. I rolled a small mithra and I have mp merits. When I say that my idle set has mp+... we're talking wyrmal body, loq. ear, and dark rings so that's only like 110 mp from gear... and you will pry those dark rings from my cold dead corpse so it's only 70 mp that goes anywhere. Of course I do have 10 mp merits and I think that those merits will change from player to player depending on what else you play.

Edit: In my ls the official policy is stop at 6. We are expected to put full merits in winning streak which leaves 3 for snake eye. I know that's not everyone's play style, but when you are responsible for 5-6 rolls a cycle you cannot afford a bust ever (especially a bust on either DD party... they will go apeshit over this plus you mess up the other cor's rotation).
 Odin.Shuinam
user: Tyrael
By Odin.Shuinam 2013-06-21 16:13:27  
What are the refresh slots available to corsair? Thanks
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-21 16:23:47  
Hairpin from LT chests and subligar from Brygide are the essentials. If you have it there's moonshade for ear and roller only with 11 active, but this one I can't advice.

edit: and oneiros grip below 75% mp.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-21 20:21:33  
Asura.Hoshiku said: »
DDs should be bringing remedy and panacea for debuffs the whm can't remove quickly. I find /rdm to be quite helpful for guaranteed refresh and convert. I had forgotten about oneiros grip though... will definitely be grabbing one of those for a third tick of refresh.

The whole point of having more support in an ally is to increase the dmg output for DDs. DDs use items when support should do the job is getting priority wrong.

If WHM do all the job, then NM hits everyone, uses petri and haste wore, WHM casts cure and DD gonna lose DPS due to lack of haste and -na.

Because there's limited spells you can cast at once. Any second DDs not receiving haste/-na that's losing DPS, the longer they're not getting -na and haste they're losing more DPS. If DDs are paralyzed their JA may be wasted, or they have to save JA and wasted JA time. Thus stronger support actually increases DPS.

DDs should be hitting stuff, not using items. Using items lose DPS, thus killed the whole reason COR going support to begin with.

I don't find Cure being as as important as -na and haste, because WHM can cure faster and more efficient, BRD also has higher cure potency. Unless your DD is in red and WHM still using lower tier cures, usually DD HP would be full before your cure hits with lots of cures from other ppl.

If you're not spamming cure, only -na and haste 2 ppl, then MP isn't that huge of issue with ballad, or even without ballad full time. Haste and -na doesn't cost that much MP. A job with better cures, such as WHM BRD other mage job should be casting cures, a job with less cure potency should do -na and haste so other jobs can focus on cures. That's more efficient way to use man power.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2013-06-21 20:56:03  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
As rdm sub without mp merits you have less than 200 mp iirc. Converting with that pool is beyond silly.

Either way if white mages aren't sleeping evoker and ballads should be enough(cures happen here and there but they should not be your main focus).

I suppose it depends on how your alliance plays.

We rotate Cors and brds fulltime, with one of the whm in the geo party, so you're far more likely to not have ballad than you are to have it. I have 10 mp merits, and have over 330mp /rdm in standard idle set, and well over 450 in convert.

We also run with 3 brds, so between the 5 /na spells are not an issue.

Ragnarok.Afania said:
If you're not spamming cure, only -na and haste 2 ppl, then MP isn't that huge of issue with ballad, or even without ballad full time. Haste and -na doesn't cost that much MP.

A constant diaII+haste cycle takes it's toll. There's no way you're keeping it up with -nas on top of it with only the evokers in a 5 roll cycle.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-06-22 06:33:01  
If i play support mode i've been sticking with /sch.

You can sit on a sublimation charge if you need more mp, and accession'd cure3/stoneskin/-na if you are sitting in the mage party are useful things to burn stratagem charges on.

For support cor in NM farming fracture runs I roll warlock+evokers for mage pt setup like these because we land alot of enfeebles/stun on NM:
cor rdm geo brd sch sch

You will pretty much have infinite mp with ballads and geo refresh bubble and you can focus on cure potency if you are gonna throw cures around.
If we swap out 1 stungun sch for another geo, conserve mp roll is more appealing cause luopans are pretty expensive for them.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Reiden
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2013-07-28 22:25:00  
is there another fc body, i have not seen any nebula +1
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-07-29 10:37:43  
Cerberus.Reiden said: »

Just use fast cast roll on yourself if you're going full support. It makes quit a bit of difference in terms of cure/-na/erase speed on COR.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-07-29 10:46:40  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Asura.Hoshiku said: »
DDs should be bringing remedy and panacea for debuffs the whm can't remove quickly. I find /rdm to be quite helpful for guaranteed refresh and convert. I had forgotten about oneiros grip though... will definitely be grabbing one of those for a third tick of refresh.

The whole point of having more support in an ally is to increase the dmg output for DDs. DDs use items when support should do the job is getting priority wrong.

If WHM do all the job, then NM hits everyone, uses petri and haste wore, WHM casts cure and DD gonna lose DPS due to lack of haste and -na.

Because there's limited spells you can cast at once. Any second DDs not receiving haste/-na that's losing DPS, the longer they're not getting -na and haste they're losing more DPS. If DDs are paralyzed their JA may be wasted, or they have to save JA and wasted JA time. Thus stronger support actually increases DPS.

DDs should be hitting stuff, not using items. Using items lose DPS, thus killed the whole reason COR going support to begin with.

I don't find Cure being as as important as -na and haste, because WHM can cure faster and more efficient, BRD also has higher cure potency. Unless your DD is in red and WHM still using lower tier cures, usually DD HP would be full before your cure hits with lots of cures from other ppl.

If you're not spamming cure, only -na and haste 2 ppl, then MP isn't that huge of issue with ballad, or even without ballad full time. Haste and -na doesn't cost that much MP. A job with better cures, such as WHM BRD other mage job should be casting cures, a job with less cure potency should do -na and haste so other jobs can focus on cures. That's more efficient way to use man power.

After many delve boss runs, safe to say MP wouldn't be an issue with /WHM. Idk how others do it, but I usually have refresh+multiple ballad from others, and self evoker. I can hit around 840MP max on COR/WHM(anyone can hit over 1k MP if they really want to, I'm just lazy and MP pool that high is not needed)in delve, and it's pretty safe to cast not only -na/erase/haste/stoneskin but also single target cure/curagas. Double-up on 6 is doable unless you're swapping pt, you just have to wait until double up almost over to do double-up, so if you bust, you can reroll a new one ASAP. You shouldn't have entire ally waiting for rolls and do nothing.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-07-29 19:06:36  
Cerberus.Reiden said: »

Mirke, if it's not purposed otherwise.