users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Delve Damage Parse
Delve Damage Parse
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-08 19:06:42  
I know alot of it depends on the group your with, but in a delve run, if your Corsair with intent to do damage, what sorta numbers do you see compared to "DD"jobs.

For example, you versus a well geared DRK/SAM/WAR etc.

Not really asking for direct numbers... more like... if a DRK's number is 100%, what percent of that ammount do you find to be your total?

My first time going cor/dnc I was about 1/3rd of the average DD in my party as Cor/DNC, meleeing for tp and WSing with Wildfire. I had considered shooting for TP and using Surefire, but thought I'd try this method first.
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-06-08 19:10:13  
0%
[+]
By Latifah 2013-06-08 19:11:50  
anyone knows how good is a delve rng ?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-06-08 19:28:31  
my cor mule does about 55% of my mnk mules, equal buffs identical engage time/target and both pretty top end equip if that's any help(/war using last stand)

(if your group is having disengaged time, you should be more worried about pulling than doing damage though.. you'll contribute more plasm/h by keeping the dd engaged than you will by doing a bit of damage yourself)
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-08 19:55:00  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
my cor mule does about 55% of my mnk mules, equal buffs identical engage time/target and both pretty top end equip if that's any help(/war using last stand)

(if your group is having disengaged time, you should be more worried about pulling than doing damage though.. you'll contribute more plasm/h by keeping the dd engaged than you will by doing a bit of damage yourself)

Was done on a whim with full alliance, bard puller and thf puller from tank party. We had plenty of mobs.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-08 20:51:15  
Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Was done on a whim with full alliance, bard puller and thf puller from tank party. We had plenty of mobs.

Do you mean delve fodder farm or NM?

If it's delve fodder I've never been to an ally that I get to have equal haste/buff/engage time as other DDs, pretty much every pt I've been to either have to pull a little, or mages won't haste COR. So it's not all that accurate to look at parse tbh. I also tend to engage late because I'm just that slow :)

It also depends on DD and whether it's firesday or not. If I'm not pulling that much it's usually a bit below 50% of above avg DDs and 70%+ of bad DDs.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-06-09 03:39:42  
For Morimar:

-You'll lose damage time redoing rolls because eft geist wall is just unavoidable and annoying as hell. /dnc and melee with a well timed violent flourish will help you stun eft sometimes and save yourself redoing rolls.

Parsing against more DDs i'd say cor doing 50% of a delve sam or drk with delve gear isnt too hard to hit. Personally I burn a bit of my tp+potential ws frequency on random waltzes if someone drops to low hp, or haste samba for the benefit of the other DDs and do steps/stuns.

-Dont shoot for tp, its terrible. Double QD spam to get over 100% tp -> Wildfire is still useful tho, QD timers permitting.

-Delve rng sucks for plasm farm, i'd rather bring another cor/dnc since their rolls amplify the performance of other party members. RNG is only really useful for NMs/Megaboss.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-09 05:04:48  
Our cors dont really do damage they are constantly pulling for the dds with good pullers we generally get 8.5+ plasm a run.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-09 06:18:34  
If you're not pulling should probably be 50~60% of the top dd. Obviously it depends a lot on who you're with, if you're properly buffed, etc...many things.

Valefor.Angierus said: »
I can't say I've seen the CORs in my LS doing that well in parse always down under 5% :/
Damage on nms is really no cor business. Thinking of Morimar since that's what we have done lately:
- Raptor is unshootable and can't use magic. 0%
- Matamata is done solo by a monk. 0%
- Adamantoise only takes good damage from QD and dispels rolls on and on limiting the ability to shoot much as well. 1.5%
- Peiste takes good damage from piercing, but I can't justify bringing my LastStand equipment only for this nm sacrificing other more important sets. 2-3% or something.
- Eft is the only nm that a cor can fight decently tbh but still won't do nearly as much damage as the dds given the high buffs.

Going melee is not a good idea for these runs, so I find that just subbing sch and doing full support is a much more beneficial thing than trying to be cool and squeeze an additional 1% in the scoreboard.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-09 08:34:37  
Valefor.Angierus said: »

I can't say I've seen the CORs in my LS doing that well in parse always down under 5% :/ helps a bit but it's barely noticeable overall.

Was talking about delve fodder, if you're doing NM and shooting it's not going to be anything close to a hasted melee.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-09 08:37:06  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
-Delve rng sucks for plasm farm, i'd rather bring another cor/dnc since their rolls amplify the performance of other party members. RNG is only really useful for NMs/Megaboss.

RNG can KC in plasm farm!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-09 09:03:03  
ive had a few cors bring 9-10% of the total dmg in a frac and honestly consider that pretty good, my drk does 30-35% in there if thats a gauge for you. Granted the cors doing 9-10% probably dont have the top end gear you seem to be suggesting, but they were meleeing with delve weapons.

but as it's been mentioned, dont expect much on nms o.o;
 Bahamut.Orinthia
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Orinthia
By Bahamut.Orinthia 2013-06-09 09:31:33  
I've gotten the same sorts of findings seha has when facing fodder mobs. Roughly 50-60% of a solid delve DD if the pt is actually not lopsided in dmg (iow, no single player is carrying the group in dmg, more evenly split instead).
 Carbuncle.Luthian
By Carbuncle.Luthian 2013-06-09 09:57:18  
I took my COR into Ceizak with a "DD" setup. I did 100k dmg over the course of the run while the real DD did around 400k. The runs averaged about 6.5k Plasm. As long as you don't get sloppy with rolls (they are the reason you're there), and you aren't a puller, then you should be adding to the damage and sleeping mobs anyway.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-06-09 11:34:56  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
If it's delve fodder I've never been to an ally that I get to have equal haste/buff/engage time as other DDs, pretty much every pt I've been to either have to pull a little, or mages won't haste COR. So it's not all that accurate to look at parse tbh. I also tend to engage late because I'm just that slow :)
i'm all the mages and i pull on my whm and brd, so the cor has literally 100% identical buffs and engage time

spreadsheet is still better, but 50-60% seems to be the # to shoot for
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-06-09 12:05:43  

I'd love to see the gearset that makes RNG with an E rating in club not whiff when A rank weaps already have to gear for acc >.>
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-09 19:14:00  
Carbuncle.Luthian said: »
I took my COR into Ceizak with a "DD" setup. I did 100k dmg over the course of the run while the real DD did around 400k. The runs averaged about 6.5k Plasm. As long as you don't get sloppy with rolls (they are the reason you're there), and you aren't a puller, then you should be adding to the damage and sleeping mobs anyway.

That's pretty much my experience. I've been trying to decide if I should get the sword and go Delve Sword/Dagger w/ Delve Gun for WS, though not sure It'd be that significant.
By Afania 2013-06-10 08:52:34  
Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Carbuncle.Luthian said: »

That's pretty much my experience. I've been trying to decide if I should get the sword and go Delve Sword/Dagger w/ Delve Gun for WS, though not sure It'd be that significant.

I found some old parse done by others that I wasn't pulling as much:
Delve SAM 427k 33%
Delve DRK 346k 27%
Relic DRK 292k 23%
Delve sword/dagger COR 203k 16%

96147 melee dmg
84158 WF dmg
Rest QD, got haste 20% of time, pulled a few times.

Delve SAM 30%
Delve SAM 29%
Delve WAR 22%
Delve COR 19%

Forgot to bring cards so no QD dmg. Had haste most of the time, QD dmg usually worth extra 10%~12% of total dmg.

Others were pulling so mostly 6%/8%/11% only. All morimar and chaos/DA roll with 2 songs.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-06-10 08:56:07  
Only 427K? Was that the roaming party or the main room party?

In the main room I routinely pull 700~800K in damage.
By Afania 2013-06-10 09:04:19  
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Only 427K? Was that the roaming party or the main room party?

In the main room I routinely pull 700~800K in damage.

Main room, 700k~800k either means you "stole" the dmg from other DDs due to faster engage, or your ally just has access to more pops. There weren't enough pops in main room+tunnels near main room to hit 800k and tunnel pt also got all pops in tunnel.
By mattyc 2013-06-10 09:10:45  
how much plasm a run do you get when you do the 700-800k damage out of curiosity? because personally with my groups no one ever does over 650k, you must go with some really weak DD's.
By mattyc 2013-06-10 09:26:36  
the average monsters HP in ceizack for instance is around 11k hp, that means you had to of killed around 72-73 monsters "for 800k" solo, u gotta figure in how many pops u get roughly in ceizack if you have 2 PLD's holding NM's "to plasm farm only" with 2 pullers, its hard to see 100 mobs sometimes, "most of the time" the pulls are long and distanced from main group, if you did 700-800k thats quite impressive, but find it hard to believe juss sayin.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-06-10 09:30:13  
Umm .... normally I'm with two other DD's and we all parse within a few percentages of each other. Typically 1.8 ~ 2mil HP worth of damage between us.

Usually around 10000 ~ 10500 plasm per run though one time we hit 11000.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-06-10 09:35:28  
Guy's there is a not-so-secret secret about how monster spawns work in delve. First realize there are many more monster spawn spots then active monsters. Monsters repop really fast but they can repops in any available pop spot. This means as you kill monsters they start to repop in places your DD's aren't at, over time they'll cluster there. It's absolutely imperative that your roaming PT hit the back of the tunnel ASAP to force the monsters out. The main room PT needs to have spare pullers to run into the center where the two sections meet as mobs will get clustered around that area over time.

Basically every time the main room PT kills a mob it has a good chance of re-spawning on the other side of the map. When the roaming PT kills a mob it can often respawn in or near the main room. Essentially the two parties need to ping-pong monsters back and forth rapidly. When I'm with that group there is never more then a couple of seconds before another monster appears around us due to the roaming PT killing mobs enmasse.
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-06-10 14:06:25  
You can break 11k plasm a run in morimar IF you have every available puller bringing mobs to the DD. CORs and THF pull from the far rooms while BRDs grab the nearby stuff. Doing delve runs as a melee COR is certainly fun but I think you'll get better plasm by constantly pulling.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-10 19:47:28  
Asura.Hoshiku said: »
You can break 11k plasm a run in morimar IF you have every available puller bringing mobs to the DD. CORs and THF pull from the far rooms while BRDs grab the nearby stuff. Doing delve runs as a melee COR is certainly fun but I think you'll get better plasm by constantly pulling.

Several run I pulled full time I didn't notice higher plasm gain idk why ;/

How can THF do super long pull without dying? COR BRD probably can do it with sleep/cures, but every THF I pt with dies pretty often for longer pulls.
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-06-10 19:52:12  
I pull morimar on THF. I have a pdt eva hybrid set and 18% mvt speed. I save flee for pulling bugards. Aggro pulling can help in some instances too. I have utsu casting gear and kind souls at camp cure me. I die when the bard is not on top of sleeps or the healer ignores me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-06-11 04:52:53  
Asura.Hoshiku said: »

Several run I pulled full time I didn't notice higher plasm gain idk why ;/

How can THF do super long pull without dying? COR BRD probably can do it with sleep/cures, but every THF I pt with dies pretty often for longer pulls.

Both parties need to kill at full speed, if the roaming PT isn't squashing hordes of monsters then the main room will stall out. Pulling at that main room isn't nearly as important as keeping the deeper hallways cleared, especially around the junction between the two areas.
By Psycosocial 2013-06-12 17:59:10  

I'd love to see the gearset that makes RNG with an E rating in club not whiff when A rank weaps already have to gear for acc >.>

ItemSet 304255

With sushi acc isn't a problem. March/Haste And you've got 100%+ TP ~2-3seconds each time. Last Stand also closes and opens L2/L3 SC's with almost all(Maybe all I'm too lazy to look) Major WS from other jobs. I usually do this in Morimar, but I would lean away from it in Ceizak. 1 mistake I won't repeat ^^
First Page 2