What Sorta Dmg Should You Expect From Leaden Salut

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » What sorta dmg should you expect from Leaden Salut
What sorta dmg should you expect from Leaden Salut
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-30 10:14:11  
Bout to catch up on Nyzul WS's, and curious what sorta damage numbers Leaden Salute would produce for a non-mythic holder. I know weapon/bullet dmg isn't calculated in, and it should be assumed firing with gun/bullet without magic attack bonuses.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-30 10:38:49  
Click.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-30 10:45:36  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Yes, I am very aware the formula is there and the guide exists. Was looking for more of personal experience like....

In Delve I'm doing ____ to ______
On regular mobs _____

If your doing _____ your doing pretty good

But I guess I can do algebra instead <<.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2013-05-30 10:47:36  
Sounds like you were looking for eyeballing that way.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-30 10:51:50  
Depends on your sets and your enemies, so yes you should figure that out yourself what to expect from your ws.

Besides I doubt anyone uses Leaden in Delve when you could instead use Exent, LastStand or Requies. I used it on Tax'et once cause I didn't bring melee weapons and LS whiffed too much and was doing a lame 1200 ws without storm or other magic buffs.
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-05-30 11:29:53  
Depends on your sets and your enemies, so yes you should figure that out yourself what to expect from your ws.

Besides I doubt anyone uses Leaden in Delve when you could instead use Exent, LastStand or Requies. I used it on Tax'et once cause I didn't bring melee weapons and LS whiffed too much and was doing a lame 1200 ws without storm or other magic buffs.
LS can whiff?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-05-30 11:33:31  
Shiva.Arana said: »
Depends on your sets and your enemies, so yes you should figure that out yourself what to expect from your ws. Besides I doubt anyone uses Leaden in Delve when you could instead use Exent, LastStand or Requies. I used it on Tax'et once cause I didn't bring melee weapons and LS whiffed too much and was doing a lame 1200 ws without storm or other magic buffs.
LS can whiff?

Last Stand. (I've run into this acronym problem myself when composing my macros. now it's cor_salute and cor_last.)
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-05-30 11:35:34  
Also, I had the thought at some point that they really, really should consider altering 99 Death Penalty's Leaden Salute formula to reflect Wildfire's.

I think it would make it the beastly corsair weapon it should be.
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-05-30 11:42:41  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Shiva.Arana said: »
Depends on your sets and your enemies, so yes you should figure that out yourself what to expect from your ws. Besides I doubt anyone uses Leaden in Delve when you could instead use Exent, LastStand or Requies. I used it on Tax'et once cause I didn't bring melee weapons and LS whiffed too much and was doing a lame 1200 ws without storm or other magic buffs.
LS can whiff?

Last Stand. (I've run into this acronym problem myself when composing my macros. now it's cor_salute and cor_last.)
Oh ok that makes sense lol.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-05-30 15:36:37  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Also, I had the thought at some point that they really, really should consider altering 99 Death Penalty's Leaden Salute formula to reflect Wildfire's.

I think it would make it the beastly corsair weapon it should be.

I'd say it's currently best magical gun on anything resists fire. Sure you can use Last stand but last stand needs too much attack and accuracy in delve, too much buff needed for it to shine.
 Asura.Kurriko
サーバ: Asura
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2013-05-31 01:01:55  
Unlocking Wildfire through WoE gun will crown Death Penalty as the be-all-end-all king of cor weapons most likely.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-05-31 08:18:33  
Asura.Kurriko said: »
Unlocking Wildfire through WoE gun will crown Death Penalty as the be-all-end-all king of cor weapons most likely.

It depends really, Arma still has AGI boost for higher WF dmg and aftermath after WF, although ranged aftermath is lol but extra dmg is extra dmg. DP has 0 WF dmg boost, you'd have to make up the difference with QD and no aftermath. In the end it may be pretty close depending on situations, unless they're giving different state to mythics that's more than higher base dmg.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-31 09:19:02  
I'd take 60% QD damage over 20 agi anytime :x the stronger the enemies get the more QD becomes are only reliable source of damage(at least that's how it's been with the latest nm...) Besides it doesn't suck that much to pop Leaden with 30% boost to put up a really good AM.
[+]
 Asura.Kurriko
サーバ: Asura
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2013-05-31 10:45:19  
Agreed.

AM shouldn't be too aweful to keep up either. For one thing you can synchronise it with Triple Shot which will help.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-05-31 14:21:37  
If you're in legion and use light shot after dia on every mob, and mob dies fast enough that you don't have enough charges. You also spam both WF and last stand for different mob type, in such situation I don't think DP is very good choice even with higher base dmg. Unless you want to switch weapon and lose TP for every mob or SE fixed light shot dmg.

Keeping AM3 up on COR, especially in /ra mode is truly a pain in the ***. Probably even worse than other melee jobs. I agree that DP is a lot more useful in SoA though.
[+]