New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Manibozho Gear THF vs. COR
Manibozho Gear THF vs. COR
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-27 13:16:16  
Having a hard time deciding which pieces I should modify out for Corsair vs. THF.

Legs seem obviously better for THF, and the Bayld pair are pretty nice on their own.

Plasm hands look better for COR.

Body I'm tempted to make into an Evasion body for THF, since Empy +2 has a large ammount of RACC, and that solution would still give an AGI+ piece to throw in.

Any thoughts?

My currenly Corsair Gears is pretty much just this -

ItemSet 299388

ItemSet 299383

ItemSet 299386
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-27 13:18:49  
I know someone will inevitably say it, I'm very familiar with the guide. But since Manibozho gear can only go one of 3 paths.. and THF and COR would take it very different directions... and I'm very fond of both jobs... I'd like to get the most bang. I also don't claim to know every piece of gear out there.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-27 13:20:50  
You need a sea gorget for Last Stand.

I will only speak for cor: body if augmented on path b up to max is best non khepri for ws. Feet are great for melee tp, so are pants. Hands are best in slot if you miss skadi+1 for ranged set and Last Stand.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-27 13:21:37  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You need a sea gorget for Last Stand.

I will only speak for cor: body if augmented on path b up to max is best non khepri for ws. Feet are great for melee tp, so are pants. Hands are best in slot if you miss skadi+1 for ranged set and Last Stand.

I have it. my gear set must be a bit outdated. Have light gorget flame belt combo.

Thanks. Mostly just the body I'm trying to decide on. On the bright side, going THF, I'd still get the AGI for last stand, just no ranged attack to back it up.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-05-28 07:54:15  
Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Having a hard time deciding which pieces I should modify out for Corsair vs. THF.

Legs seem obviously better for THF, and the Bayld pair are pretty nice on their own.

Plasm hands look better for COR.

Body I'm tempted to make into an Evasion body for THF, since Empy +2 has a large ammount of RACC, and that solution would still give an AGI+ piece to throw in.

Any thoughts?

My currenly Corsair Gears is pretty much just this -

ItemSet 299388

ItemSet 299383

ItemSet 299386

I'm having hard time to decide too because I enjoy melee play style way more than shooting with an ugly staff. On top of having other melee job ._.

The solution for body is to get Khepri/NQ version/mextli for racc. Head/hands/legs choice are obvious, feet is hardest to decide of all as both path A and B are useful.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-28 08:00:34  
I personally would go with path a for boots too, they're a very strong melee option and not that large of an improvement over thaumas for LastStand.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-05-28 13:22:22  
I personally would go with path a for boots too, they're a very strong melee option and not that large of an improvement over thaumas for LastStand.

It's also good for ranged accuracy TP if you don't have khepri feet. I have melee augment on it right now because other jobs can use it and I mostly melee on COR in delve. Although I may need ranged path one day if I have a chance to do delve boss or gear for last stand.
 Bismarck.Nesumi
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Homa
By Bismarck.Nesumi 2013-05-28 23:43:19  
Hands are the only piece worth doing IMO, unless you have a lot of gils laying around then can do body too I guess. Obviously, if you have Khepri/Kheper body, then I wouldn't upgrade manibozho body at all. Prada shoes are a good option for feet as well if no Kheper/Khepri.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-29 04:53:46  
Hands aren't worth doing if you have Sigyn.
 Bismarck.Nesumi
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Homa
By Bismarck.Nesumi 2013-05-29 06:55:20  
Hands aren't worth doing if you have Sigyn.

I don't agree. Besides new NMs, you don't need Sigyn. Manibozho is better for DMG.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-29 07:03:51  
Cor needs accuracy on anything. Sigyn thus are better, and not so short on damage.