フォーラム » FFXI » General » Windower 4 Freezing
Windower 4 Freezing
 Shiva.Socrates
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: socratess
By Shiva.Socrates 2013-05-24 05:44:55  
Hey FFXIAH!

Got a problem here. When I start up windower and go from PlayOnline Viewer to the Game, while its loading the plugins/addons it freezes. In order to close it I have to end the task compeltely. This problem only happens part of the time so i usually just close it and start over again

Thank You!
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-24 06:21:24  
Same problem. This seemed to star since the last update a few days ago. I am not sure why or how to fix it though.
 Siren.Heavendragon
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Heavendragon 2013-05-24 06:53:52  
Same for me
 Ragnarok.Doluka
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2013-05-24 06:59:37  
Windower.net has a support thread and bug tracker for 4.0 since it's still early. I'd check the bug list over there and make a report if it's not already present.

I run on Windows 8 and haven't had any issues. Maybe it's your OS not jiving with 4?
 Shiva.Socrates
サーバ: Shiva
user: socratess
By Shiva.Socrates 2013-05-24 07:05:54  
Running Windows 7 64bit
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-24 07:13:55  
Ragnarok.Doluka said: »
I run on Windows 8 and haven't had any issues. Maybe it's your OS not jiving with 4?

I am using windower 8. This only happened after that small update a few days ago. Those few files.
 Phoenix.Amarok
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amarok 2013-05-24 07:19:28  
I get this on both of my systems, and they are quite different. one is Windows 8 64bit, and the other is Windows 7 32bit. The freeze usually happens on either gearcollector, spellcast or drawdistance (one of those will be the last red console text shown during startup).

On Wednesday it took me 3 tries to log one of my chars in, usually only happens once. I've noticed elsewhere people recommending you put a longer delay in the autoexec.ini or whatever it's called, but that value seems to get overwritten whenever you made a change from the Windower 4 gui again. Also loading all the plugins manually once you're in the game has been suggested as a fix, but that's too much hassle for me.

Probably just subjective, but I find it occurs more if I've got Chrome open with a bunch of website tabs, so maybe it's memory resource issue, total guess.

*edit* meant to say I've been having this problem for months, ever since W8 beta came out
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-24 07:56:25  
Try This
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-05-24 07:59:36  
I run on 7 and it's been flawless since I've downloaded it. It's probably a plugin. Try unloading all plugins and logging in and then reloading them to see which one is making you crash.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2013-05-24 08:01:14  
It did same for me and I just ended up going back 1 version. I'm running win 7 64 too
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-24 08:02:51  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Ragnarok.Doluka said: »
Windower.net has a support thread and bug tracker for 4.0 since it's still early. I'd check the bug list over there and make a report if it's not already present.

Today, I saw Doluka post again.

I often get an error and then just /shutdown and log back in. About 50% of the time it downloads a new version and then works fine.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-24 08:04:24  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Try This

Self quote

It is probably draw distance or infobar. Disable auto load to test. It worked for me.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-05-24 08:05:27  
Try This

Self quote

It is probably draw distance or infobar. Disable auto load to test. It worked for me.

It's not draw distance I have that loaded and my characters are running fine.

Edit: I dont have infobar loaded though