フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 130 131 132
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-05 06:26:57  
Also can swap Stormsoul Rings for Garuda Rings/+1.

Arcadian Head +1 if you need the Recycle proc to maintain your 4-hit. If not, Umbani with the STR+8 augment is best, afaik.
[+]
 Asura.Ajirha
サーバ: Asura
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2014-09-05 06:40:27  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
If not, Umbani with the STR+8 augment is best, afaik.

Man, tell me how you got to get those Delv drop augmented. i am interested.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-05 06:52:21  
Asura.Ajirha said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
If not, Umbani with the STR+8 augment is best, afaik.

Man, tell me how you got to get those Delv drop augmented. i am interested.

Sorry. For some reason I was confusing the Delve hat with the WKR hat
By Zoltar 2014-09-05 07:08:17  
Random question, for JR/Coronach is Uk Cap w/ STR aug best weaponskill head?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-05 07:25:36  
If you can get away with not needing the Recycle proc, then yes.
By Zoltar 2014-09-05 08:03:42  
Yeah I mean I still ws in Relic head, I was just thinking in the cases where I just care about maximum dmg...thx for reply!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-05 08:32:03  
well, if you have a larger group, and can rotate cors, you can possibly swap it out if you have Misers + Ionis, since you should get back a high TP return from your WS.

I'm still testing, so I haven't quite figured it out yet.
 Leviathan.Mckeag
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-09-05 09:02:01  
My Last stand WS macro so far.

Weapon has 2% ws dmg plus
subjob /war
Normally have 2x brd "rng" songs on at the time.

ItemSet 328011

Is there anything that could be swapped out to help max dmg?

Edit: Does anyone have an up-to-date gearswap they could lend me?
 Odin.Shaggnix
サーバ: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-09-05 09:59:42  
bukuwik cape and arcadian +1 hands and feet. all 3 swaps will cost you racc so food/buff dependant. would prioritize hands > back > feet if you need to keep some acc and can't do all 3 swaps.
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-05 10:12:35  
Odin.Shaggnix said: »
arcadian +1 hands and feet.

Yeah, should have mentioned the Arcadian hands in my previous post!
 Leviathan.Mckeag
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-09-05 10:29:03  
I see. So stacking more Range Attack with the setup I have now would do me best. Thanks guys!
By Zoltar 2014-09-05 23:17:33  
If it's RATT for hands then you should be using Manibohzo Gloves with RATT+30
 Sylph.Cyc
サーバ: Sylph
user: Cycloptux
By Sylph.Cyc 2014-09-07 09:54:34  
While waiting for my Yoichi to be ready, I'm working on a future 3/4 Recycle 4-hit set and Namas set, it's been a while since I've seen a Yoichi set posted here so I guess I'll just ask. This is what came to my mind, any suggestion will be appreciated:

ItemSet 328116

ItemSet 328117

44 STP during TP phase, 25 STP on Namas.

Now, I currently don't have easy access to any DM drop, so Kyujutsugi and Tripudio are off limits atm. I'll eventually work on Mekki/Bloodrain these days to allow for some more useful stats during TP phase, in the meantime, how will R.Acc be with that set on stuff like AA D/VD and Delve2? Is arcadian jerkin +1 worth it over orion jerkin +1? I may drop AF3+2 hands in favor of STP+4/Crit+2 Seiryu's Kote (still trying to get STP+5/Crit+2) and Patentia for Scout's to get a 4/4 Recycle set, but again, is it worth it?
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-07 10:33:58  
I've never been particularly worried about having the recycle round leeway but that's just me.

Arcadian +1 is the best TP body if you can make it work accuracy wise. VD MR may still give you some problems without BRD and COR though, but should end up OK as long as you're riding Namas aftermath.

That being said, no need to use Novia Earring as long as Decoy Shot is up - head,body,back,shield and feet all add up to -21 enmity and you only need -20 to cap decoy shot. Might not be a horrible idea if you're twisting Jishnu's with decoy down, but if you're fulltiming Namas there is no reason to use Novia regardless of decoy status.

I didn't plug the math, would switching to Seiryu but keeping Patentia maintain your 3/4?
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-09-07 10:47:36  
moonshade for namas ? wich augment ?
 Sylph.Cyc
By Sylph.Cyc 2014-09-07 11:57:31  
You're right, Novia is actually kind of a mistake, I currently use it with Tenzen bow but I'll be probably using Clearview instead with Yoichi. I'll update that immediatly.
According to my math, with 25 STP during Namas, 44 STP are the bare minimum to keep 3/4. I guess (I'll do my math later when I get home) that swapping Arcadian Hands for Seiryu's on Namas should be enough to keep the 3/4 and gain something during TP phase at the cost of some WS damage, not sure if the trade-off is worth it though.
Also, Moonshade (TP Bonus/Atk) is a remnant of my JR set too, make that another Flame Pearl.

Update: Just checked, even if I'm swapping Seiryu's Kote in during Namas, I'd still need 43 STP to keep the 3/4, a STP+5 Kote would bring me to 42 with that set. It would actually work if I used AF3+2 for Namas and Kote for TP.
 Sylph.Talon
user: udamon420
By Sylph.Talon 2014-09-08 00:54:39  
Hello RNGs,

Please evaluate this eagle eye shot set:

input /equip main "Atoyac";
input /equip body "Orion Jerkin +1";
input /equip sub "Cassie Shield";
input /equip hands "Sigyn's Bazubands";
input /equip waist "Elanid Belt";
input /equip head "Orion Beret +1";
input /equip ear1 "Vulcan's Pearl";
input /equip ear2 "Vulcan's Pearl";
input /equip ring1 "Ifrit Ring";
input /equip ring2 "Ifrit Ring";
input /equip back "Lutian Cape";
input /equip feet "Arcadian Socks +1";
input /equip neck "Ocachi Gorget";
input /equip legs "Arc. Braccae +1";

I was always told by Washburn to stack critical hit but figured I tried something new.

Thanks
 Odin.Shaggnix
サーバ: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-09-08 07:11:16  
Sylph.Cyc said: »
While waiting for my Yoichi to be ready, I'm working on a future 3/4 Recycle 4-hit set and Namas set, it's been a while since I've seen a Yoichi set posted here so I guess I'll just ask. This is what came to my mind, any suggestion will be appreciated:

ItemSet 328116

ItemSet 328117

44 STP during TP phase, 25 STP on Namas.

Now, I currently don't have easy access to any DM drop, so Kyujutsugi and Tripudio are off limits atm. I'll eventually work on Mekki/Bloodrain these days to allow for some more useful stats during TP phase, in the meantime, how will R.Acc be with that set on stuff like AA D/VD and Delve2? Is arcadian jerkin +1 worth it over orion jerkin +1? I may drop AF3+2 hands in favor of STP+4/Crit+2 Seiryu's Kote (still trying to get STP+5/Crit+2) and Patentia for Scout's to get a 4/4 Recycle set, but again, is it worth it?

I assume this is /sam for the 15 STP? If so, you'll probably see an overall dps increase going /war and 5 hit between the attack increase and gear you can use without such a high STP burden. WSing in aetosaur trousers makes me shudder.

also if you've got room stp wise for scouts over patentia, keep patentia and swap in jse cape instead
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-08 07:41:24  
Sylph.Talon said: »
Hello RNGs,

I was always told by Washburn to stack critical hit but figured I tried something new.

Thanks

Try to stack AGI in the accessories instead of STR.
AGI= Rng Crit.
[+]
 Sylph.Cyc
By Sylph.Cyc 2014-09-08 08:59:08  
Odin.Shaggnix said: »
I assume this is /sam for the 15 STP? If so, you'll probably see an overall dps increase going /war and 5 hit between the attack increase and gear you can use without such a high STP burden. WSing in aetosaur trousers makes me shudder.

also if you've got room stp wise for scouts over patentia, keep patentia and swap in jse cape instead
That's /WAR, there's the need for that much STP to keep a 3/4 4-hit (without Kyu, Tripudio or Mekki/Bloodrain). As I said, I can drop some STP and just keep a 4/4 4-hit, or drop Aetosaur during Namas with Mekki/Bloodrain and tune the TP set accordingly (losing the advantage of Fencer though).
I've done my math, unless I missed something, I can't find a way to keep a 3/4 4-hit with Yoichi (again, without DM2 gear) without sacrificing something.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-08 09:16:34  
How much Store TP is a 3/4 4 hit Yoichi? I'm getting about 50 with 15 STP on WS. Is my math right?

Sylph.Cyc said: »
Now, I currently don't have easy access to any DM drop, so Kyujutsugi and Tripudio are off limits atm.

There's an LS on Sylph that runs DM every Saturday, and would likely be willing to sell those items ;)
 Sylph.Cyc
By Sylph.Cyc 2014-09-08 09:55:55  
According to what Motenten's using in his spreedsheet, TP return for 540<D<720 is ((D-1)/16)+115, which makes 153 base TP/hit for Namas+Achi. before any STP. I didn't really check that with my real TP return, but those spreedsheet usually are accurate about math. Namas with 15 STP should give you 175 TP return, so you'd need 225 TP/hit with 150 TP being from recycle procs, which is 48 STP. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I may eventually think about buying those drops after I'm done buying currency, if they're selling for an honest price.
 Valefor.Psykopat
サーバ: Valefor
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2014-09-11 04:18:18  
Am I wrong in thinking that Mirador Trousers +1 are best precast pants for RNG now?

Should beat Natirah and reforged AF2 +1 no?
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-11 23:25:24  
Valefor.Psykopat said: »
Am I wrong in thinking that Mirador Trousers +1 are best precast pants for RNG now?

We can say with certainty Mirador Trousers +1 > Arcadian +1 for obvious reasons. However assuming Byrth's testing of Nahtirah Trouser's is correct(9% reduction), it could go either way as Nahtirah may just be Snapshot+9.

No one has really coughed up empirical proof to my knowledge of a +1 Snapshot = 2% Delay Reduction relation. The whole idea was just born from the way the merit category is listed and really self perpetuated itself from there. As far as I know only two results of Byrth's snapshot testing match up with a 2:1 ratio and he mentioned he wasn't too comfortable with how he tested those two, while a handful support a 1:1 ratio and a few don't support either.

So in reality there's no real answer to the "Do these finally beat Nahtirah?" question(unless SE does/has released the official number on them). I like to believe the ratio is 1:1 so I've stuck with Nahtirah the whole way and will continue to, but I won't pretend like my reasoning for it is any more validated than people who believe Mirador to be better.

On an unrelated note, I kind of like Alruna's Gloves +1 for when you don't need STP from Kote. Though it's a total toss up between them and Arcadian +1 as far as situations where they become ideal(and even then its by a pretty small margin), its kind of neat to think about though.
[+]
 Valefor.Psykopat
サーバ: Valefor
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2014-09-12 01:23:39  
Thx for the answer Inference. Was not sure about the 2:1 ratio either and it looks like we'll never be sure until SE tell us. I'll stick to Natirah until that point then.

Alruna's Gloves +1 are neat indeed.
 Asura.Truckie
user: Washburn
By Asura.Truckie 2014-09-14 11:25:18  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Sylph.Talon said: »
Hello RNGs,

Thanks

Try to stack AGI in the accessories instead of STR.
AGI= Rng Crit.

My main focus was towards STR in that set. I was spamming Marjami Ravine delve at the time, and even with an AGI / crit hit rate build, either i was unlucky, as usual, or my agi v/s cailimh
didnt seem enough to force enough crits, so I went with STR when i used riverfin to up the dmg rather than pray for crit. But yes, AGI / crit rate are your priorities.
By Zubrin 2014-09-16 02:27:07  
Bismarck.Inference said: »
Valefor.Psykopat said: »

We can say with certainty Mirador Trousers +1 > Arcadian +1 for obvious reasons. However assuming Byrth's testing of Nahtirah Trouser's is correct(9% reduction), it could go either way as Nahtirah may just be Snapshot+9.

No one has really coughed up empirical proof to my knowledge of a +1 Snapshot = 2% Delay Reduction relation. The whole idea was just born from the way the merit category is listed and really self perpetuated itself from there. As far as I know only two results of Byrth's snapshot testing match up with a 2:1 ratio and he mentioned he wasn't too comfortable with how he tested those two, while a handful support a 1:1 ratio and a few don't support either.

So in reality there's no real answer to the "Do these finally beat Nahtirah?" question(unless SE does/has released the official number on them). I like to believe the ratio is 1:1 so I've stuck with Nahtirah the whole way and will continue to, but I won't pretend like my reasoning for it is any more validated than people who believe Mirador to be better.

On an unrelated note, I kind of like Alruna's Gloves +1 for when you don't need STP from Kote. Though it's a total toss up between them and Arcadian +1 as far as situations where they become ideal(and even then its by a pretty small margin), its kind of neat to think about though.

I've always found the reasoning behind the supposed 2:1 ratio baffling. +Skill merits are also 2:1, yet gear is 1:1. I'm sure there are a number of other merit examples that don't align with gear.

SE really needs to just go back and clarify stats on old gear. It's nice that they've been less ambiguous on newer stuff, but it makes comparisons difficult when an older piece may still have relevance.
 Asura.Sope
user: sope
By Asura.Sope 2014-09-16 03:08:27  
I tested Mirador+1 to be 7% last night. If anyone else wants to test them and prove me wrong, that would be really cool.

Also, Arcadian still seem broken.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vedder
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2014-09-17 09:27:51  
Has anyone tweaked their Anni builds (TP/Coro/LS) to account for any of the gear in the 09/09 update? (Specifically looking at Alruna's +1)

I've been using STP augmented S.Kotes in my 3/4 TP build and Arc. Bracers +1 for WS, and I can envision some changes where I could work in Alruna's +1, but I haven't run them through a spreadsheet or anything yet.
By Zubrin 2014-09-18 00:11:58  
You could swap a Hajduk for K'ayres, but you'd have less racc overall in that case. If you're capped already, I think that combo would be superior, but that's just my rough braindead estimate. I'm not sure how that stacks up with a Crit augment on Seiryu's, but I don't have that anyway.
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 130 131 132