サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-23 16:18:52  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »
Been doing some Delve Boss runs lately. Extremely RNG oriented battles. The bee in particular is extremely evasive. Been trying to make a max ACC set. Any advice for this one:

ItemSet 301921

Jaeger mantle, Trailer's kurki; khepri gamashes, Painatoke's cap and khepri jacket all would be upgrade for those fight.

All the legion Abj that hit the floor...never even considered playing RNG again and now its the must have DD lol

Does this mean RNG is the new bandwagon job?

Might not have caught on 100% but yes it will be. 99 Relics are pretty damn important too.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-24 15:20:49  
I was just looking over at some of the data in the PUP forums, and it looks like these new delve NMs have very high VIT values. In that case, you shouldn't have to worry about capping fSTR2 with gun. It's not really a concern with last stand (since AGI is superior), but for coronach, you can pretty much gear for as much STR as you want (vulcan's pearls, sylvan chlamys, etc.). I'll post a new set later. This doesn't affect bow/crossbow users.

Edit: the set currently posted is the best vs a mob with 100 VIT, just for reference.

Edit2: Okay, fixed coronach optimal set for new mobs. I calculated necessary store tp for yoichi 4-hit, which is somewhat irrelevant with these new mobs (since most require copious amounts of accuracy), but I posted a new set regardless.
 Shiva.Kinzu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Pra
By Shiva.Kinzu 2013-05-26 17:05:17  
Been doing some Delve Boss runs lately. Extremely RNG oriented battles. The bee in particular is extremely evasive. Been trying to make a max ACC set. Any advice for this one:

ItemSet 301921

ItemSet 302244

Tried messing around with a max ACC set (Hajduk Rings don't exist on my server, and khim horns are botted on AH..)

For the RNG's in this thread who have killed any of the delve bosses, is my set overkill or still not even enough?

May add Seiryu's kote like Taint has.

Also need to get the Thurdanaut Tights!
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-26 17:47:02  
Shiva.Kinzu said: »

ItemSet 301921

ItemSet 302244

Tried messing around with a max ACC set (Hajduk Rings don't exist on my server, and khim horns are botted on AH..)

For the RNG's in this thread who have killed any of the delve bosses, is my set overkill or still not even enough?

Seiryu's kote adds 17 or 18 ranged accuracy depending on other gear (17.5 to be exact). Sigyn's adds 16 ranged accuracy, and STR, and ranged attack. I really don't see the point in using the kotes over sigyn's, even for bow.

You'll need the tights, but your set is certainly not overkill.
By Kyler 2013-05-26 18:03:44  
Unless the stp on kote put you back into your xhit
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-26 18:06:10  
Kyler said: »
Unless the stp on kote put you back into your xhit

Which it wouldn't, given the set above.
 Shiva.Kinzu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Pra
By Shiva.Kinzu 2013-05-26 18:22:20  
Correct, x hit means nothing when you can't hit the mob.
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Shiva.Kinzu said: »

ItemSet 301921

ItemSet 302244

Seiryu's kote adds 17 or 18 ranged accuracy depending on other gear (17.5 to be exact). Sigyn's adds 16 ranged accuracy, and STR, and ranged attack. I really don't see the point in using the kotes over sigyn's, even for bow.

You'll need the tights, but your set is certainly not overkill.

Definitely, thanks for the advice!
By Kyler 2013-05-26 18:29:34  
Depends on what you WS in and I'm not talking about 4 hit builds here. Besides... ITS AN INCREASE IN ACCURACY for a marginal decrease in white dmg. Lowering your minimum hits per ws stil has its advantages especially when that ws is namas arrow which aftermath provides you with more accuracy.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-26 23:38:31  
Depends on what you WS in and I'm not talking about 4 hit builds here. Besides... ITS AN INCREASE IN ACCURACY for a marginal decrease in white dmg. Lowering your minimum hits per ws stil has its advantages especially when that ws is namas arrow which aftermath provides you with more accuracy.

This is all common sense. The point is that you would need too much store tp added to your WS set for a lower x-hit to be viable with seiryu's kotes. That current accuracy set nets you 15.1 tp per shot, 15.8 with seiryu kotes' perfect augment of 5 store tp. Both require 7 shots, and no amount of store tp in your WS build will bring it even close to a 6-hit.
 Sylph.Mirvana
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-26 23:55:09  
Are Sylvan Bottilons +2 on bow sets doing something I'm not aware of aside from the AGI+15? They make immediate sense to me for guns but bow has better Racc+ pieces.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-27 00:15:58  
Sylph.Mirvana said: »
Are Sylvan Bottilons +2 on bow sets doing something I'm not aware of aside from the AGI+15? They make immediate sense to me for guns but bow has better Racc+ pieces.
Emnity -8
 Sylph.Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-27 00:25:41  
Caban/Elanid/Tights puts you needing only -3 for Decoy Shotting. All of the better Racc pieces put you just below or well about the -20 target.
By Kyler 2013-05-27 01:04:14  
Store tp goes a long way with rng... Can use kote/sylvan back/volley earring for 12 and ws in 3 store tp (rajas/sylvan back/ w/e floats your boat or suits the situation)

12acc 22attack
2str
Vs
13 agi
3 crit
16.67% gain in ws frequency

Obviously depends on the buffs and if you are getting Sam roll then it's all moot anyway. It still seems like very little to give up for the ws gains
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-05-27 01:19:33  
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-27 01:47:01  
Hell yeah Green Ranger power.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-27 02:01:02  
Dino Thunder Power Rangers or GTFO
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-27 04:22:55  
Store tp goes a long way with rng... Can use kote/sylvan back/volley earring for 12 and ws in 3 store tp (rajas/sylvan back/ w/e floats your boat or suits the situation)

12acc 22attack
2str
Vs
13 agi
3 crit

Obviously depends on the buffs and if you are getting Sam roll then it's all moot anyway. It still seems like very little to give up for the ws gains

I think you're missing the point here. People are interested in accuracy sets. Replacing a piece such as jaeger mantle/libeccio mantle with sylvan chlamys is counter productive. Besides, if you were even going to suggest a gear swap, the first thing you would swap would be scout's beret +2... +5 tp per shot is going to do a hell of a lot more than 12 store tp. That's why I included it in the hybrid accuracy set.

Sylph.Mirvana said: »

Not really, but they're easily accessible and you do get the occasional rapid shot double damage proc, I guess. You'll potentially be wearing 3/5 sylvan so proc rate would be decent. You also get a slight increase to critical hit rate. Praeda are certainly better for accuracy though (for bow). Just offering some additional incentives.

edit: well khepri feet are the best, but good luck with that.
By Psycosocial 2013-05-27 06:42:51  
Really great guide. I'm glad you took the time to make our lives easier especially in what to aim for in optimal builds. I do notice you mentioned the use of a kclub in one of your scenarios however I don't see anything as for what build to work towards. I'm sure the single main thing to look at first is "Can I hit the target?" I've been playing around with krakenrng in Delve plasm farms and with proper food I'm hitting everything without an issue while keeping the gear haste cap. Any speculations or gear sets would be greatly appreciated.
 Sylph.Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-27 06:47:52  
Lots of Acc, attack, capped haste and as little DA/TA/QA as you can manage. And no /war'ing for KFC.
By Psycosocial 2013-05-27 06:54:15  
Hmmm I thought the benefits of /war outweighed the DA procs that come with the SJ?
 Sylph.Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-27 07:00:50  
Not when K-Clubbing sadly, any DA/TA/QA proc stops KC's major benefit, so need to minimize its chance. /drk or /sam
By Kyler 2013-05-27 09:45:58  

12acc 22attack
2str
Vs
13 agi
3 crit

I think you're missing the point here. People are interested in accuracy sets. Replacing a piece such as jaeger mantle/libeccio mantle with sylvan chlamys is counter productive. Besides, if you were even going to suggest a gear swap, the first thing you would swap would be scout's beret +2... +5 tp per shot is going to do a hell of a lot more than 12 store tp. That's why I included it in the hybrid accuracy set.

You realize you are giving up more acc with your suggested set than what I'm proposing right? And even with 100% recycle rate it won't drop you to less than a 6 hit. Overflow is only going to provide you with a few more seconds of aftermath at best and does nothing for namas dmg.
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2013-05-27 17:12:14  
ItemSet 301459

For this set, if rose strap is out of the question (haven't done much of any WoTG), what would be the best way of going about a 4-hit without totally dropping dps?
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-27 17:48:06  

12acc 22attack
2str
Vs
13 agi
3 crit

You realize you are giving up more acc with your suggested set than what I'm proposing right? And even with 100% recycle rate it won't drop you to less than a 6 hit. Overflow is only going to provide you with a few more seconds of aftermath at best and does nothing for namas dmg.

How does it not drop you below a 6-hit...? 15.1 +5 = 20.1 per shot. That's an obvious 5-hit.

Jaeger mantle is ranged accuracy +20. You are suggesting using sylvan chlamys. That is a difference of 17 accuracy. How is that not more than replacing sylvan head with scout's beret +2?
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-27 17:57:21  
Carbuncle.Aliceisback said: »
ItemSet 301459

For this set, if rose strap is out of the question (haven't done much of any WoTG), what would be the best way of going about a 4-hit without totally dropping dps?

Probably the easiest route would be to use goading belt I guess, or patentia sash. I find myself aiming for a 5-hit on most of these delve NMs though, I have to admit (mainly for accuracy). I wouldn't worry about a 4-hit unless you're just fighting fodder mobs.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2013-05-27 18:15:34  
any chance of getting DT sets posted? i was looking for a quick reference for RNG DT sets and didn't see any listed. After some searching, RNG MDT options are really rather poor, highest i could get on mine is like 35% MDT with another 4MDB
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-27 18:31:38  
Bismarck.Raistlinratt said: »
any chance of getting DT sets posted? i was looking for a quick reference for RNG DT sets and didn't see any listed. After some searching, RNG MDT options are really rather poor, highest i could get on mine is like 35% MDT with another 4MDB

Sure, np. Basically dux gear + dark rings/dring, twilight neck, flume, some back with -dt, and earth staff if you really need. I'll post a set later.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-05-27 18:32:02  
You only need like 25 mdt with Shell V so it shouldn't be a huge concern, but I'll make a set anyway.

ItemSet 302348
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-05-27 22:36:34  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Hell yeah Green Ranger power.

My favorite one <3

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »

Gross!
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2013-05-27 22:48:51  
blood cuisses with MDB are common, got 4 on mine! also: dring. I was more looking for "best possible" which would include Dring and blood cuisses etc, just wondering if i missed any pieces. I want the chocolate head :(

Rng gets a lot more PDT options than MDT (granted only need 25 with shell or w/e, but never know)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 130 131 132