フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 130 131 132
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-22 19:54:32  
I didn't say anything about last stand. White damage alone will cap hate in the 2 minutes decoy is off. Gimping your sets to try to fit in -50 enmity will offset any advantage you would've gained by using a different WS, and coro is still a consistant 13k at 1000tp vs just about anything if geared appropriately.

If you haven't used a packet based addon to do your shooting, you don't really have a fair picture of the damage attainable and the hate that comes along with it. I typically parse 30% over people using ghetto time based autora or well timed manual shooting.

In case it wasn't clear enough: The issue is not your tank having insufficient enmity. Any relatively decent tank can get and maintain cap vs most targets easily enough. The issue is you hitting the enmity cap. Armageddon will drastically expedite it without adding any significant amount of extra damage.

Oh, and while I'm on a roll, what's your expected damage from a 1k trueflight without malaise? After skimming youtube, the best I could find was Dapollyon firing off 3k trueflights for around 26k with an idris malaise. Fom's last stand has no issue pushing 20k with just 1k and normal spillover.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-07-22 20:27:58  
What's the target in the video?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-22 20:29:39  
kei, thought omen bosses were pretty much a given as target since schah resists and nothing else really favors rngs
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-07-22 20:31:22  
I figured it probably was Kei but I wanted to double check before I said anything- 26k @3k with good, idris buffs is pretty pathetic. Damage should be 40k+ @3k.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-22 20:32:21  
So what would you say expected damage is at 1k tp with idris malaise if everything is being done right? If you do the ftp math, ~40k at 3000 is only ~16k at 1000. Personally I've never been able to make it beat last stand by any appreciable amount, and if you take away malaise it hasn't even been close.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-07-22 20:36:35  
Probably more like 20k if you aren't using Foma or Gastra. It looks like you aren't accounting for Moonshade, and 40k is a relatively conservative estimate for 3k Trueflights.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-07-23 00:06:46  
I've done Kei many times using 1 RNG 1 GEO 1 SCH for DPS.

Hot Shot -> Immanence Thunder -> Trueflight

When Bolster is up, it's about 56~58k Trueflight + 100k Light. This is using relic gun for access to AM3. I'm sure with more buffs and/or Gastra you could hit 100k Trueflight on Kei.

I largely agree with Thorny on this. I consistently pull hate even if using Trueflight. Packet based RA/JA puts you on another tier. I guess for most of the playerbase, Last Stand is alright.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-23 00:30:00  
Here's my personal advice on Kei-

the key parts of the setup are SCH and RDM. COR and GEO are there to boost things up/speed things up.

-Wizards/Sam Rolls from COR
-INUNDATION from RDM, Flurry2 from RDM, negate regen with appropriate nuke spamming from RDM.
-Acumen/Malaise from GEO
-SCH Immanence Fusion->RNG Trueflight=Light.

The RNG gains the benefit of a full damage Trueflight using the skillchain window generated by the SCH. Inundation boosts damage through two weapon types (SCH Ability and Marksmanship) of what is now a full SC dmg following a full WS, rather than a singular WS generating less SC dmg.

Bringing a COR also gives a 2nd chance at Tabula Rasa, which I recommend saving until after Benediction. In addition, even with a Mythic SCH, you're going to have over 2k TP every time they can skillchain if you're getting Flurry 2 and Sam Roll. For Fomahault users who have a TP bonus moonshade, only takes 2250 TP to max out dmg (of course, if you have a toggle to swap that moonshade out for more MAB above 2250, even better). The RDM and GEO can also burst off BOTH Skillchains (fusion/light) to expidite things. If you wanna push your numbers even further, use a RUN tank and abuse Rayke.

RNG setup Kei is probably the most fun I have in game right now. Don't even need RNG cards any more but still volunteer to do it. I HIGHLY recommend every RNG build a TF set and go to town...have fun being the hero of your Omen group for a day.

By geigei 2017-07-23 01:34:01  
You forgot a key factor, ws once w/o decoy and you're probably dead.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-07-23 01:39:41  
geigei said: »

Not positive, but according to BGWiki, enmity from Barrage and WS damage is not transferred to the Decoy Shot partner even when the JA is active, only standard Ranged Attacks
By geigei 2017-07-23 01:43:25  
I can tell from personal experience that is false, anyone who did master trial alex/odin can tell, ws'ing w/o decoy is basically a wipe.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-07-23 01:50:58  
I figured. It's been a little while since I played RNG, but back when DMII and DElve 2 were RNG spams, we saw a big difference in hate bouncing around after the 3 min mark, when the RNGs Decoy Shots would be wearing off. I just didn't know if something had changed that I missed.
 Bismarck.Cladbolg
user: cladbolg
By Bismarck.Cladbolg 2017-07-23 03:25:14  
What is this packet based auto RA/JA and how do I get it Lol?
Thank you.

Edit:Stupid autocorrect.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-23 03:40:41  

Not at all. Does using such a complete overabuse of setup to get numbers like that come with risks? Certainly. Do I pull hate? Not as often as you may think...typically it happens once per Kei, but since magical weaponskills don't suffer the ranged penalty, there's not reason you can't be @20' firing. In addition, BiS for a Trueflight build is going to be /NIN so you can dualwield Malevolences. Meaning when you do rip hate, shadows plus a good DT set make it more than survivable.

I did close to 30 Keis with a RUN tank over PLD, never once wiped, hell I never even went into the red.

Is decoy shot a must? Damn straight, but it should be for any RNG. Does the SCH use Animus Minuo? Hell yes. Do I have -emnity merits to boot? Yup. But its doable, and safe.

Listen, if you're operating with an autora plugin because you're controlling multiple characters, it makes a LOT MORE SENSE to use Last Stand and not dance the hate line like I suggest. But since I only have to worry about myself, I can stop shooting for a few if need be and let hate get back to where it needs to be.

We're not the complete Glass Cannon that we used to be. The only risk of pulling hate on Kei is doing it @75/50/25/10 and getting a Dancing Fullers on your RNG/support cluster of characters versus just the tank...pulling hate once or twice during the entire fight isn't a death sentence for the party, or even you.
[+]
By geigei 2017-07-23 03:49:48  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
The only risk of pulling hate on Kei is doing it @75/50/25/10
That's exactly my experience, so easy to trigger that move with the absurd TF dmg and sc, i just quit going rng cause hate was all over the place.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-23 04:10:50  
Bismarck.Cladbolg said: »
Thank you.

exactly! I've been asking for this for ages. If there's an Auto-RA that doesn't suck, please share it with me. I'm getting arthritis in my left thumb and index finger from hitting my CTRL+1 /RA macro.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-23 09:49:36  
I can tell from personal experience that is false, anyone who did master trial alex/odin can tell, ws'ing w/o decoy is basically a wipe.

Not at all. I got the first NA B&W win and I WSed without decoy the whole time. You're confusing the hate resets built into the battlefield with enmity issues.

There's no reason to believe decoy effects WS or barrage until someone takes the time to test it under controlled conditions.

As far as the plugins, mine is for ashita and too similar to a bot for me to want to post it in public. Not sure about snaps'. There were some tests we both posted a few months back as far as the efficiency changes, and I used mine to measure actual ranged delay.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-07-24 13:12:49  
A different Decoy question: did we ever confirm whether Decoy works on same ALLIANCE tanks, or does it have to be same party?
By clearlyamule 2017-07-24 13:24:27  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
A different Decoy question: did we ever confirm whether Decoy works on same ALLIANCE tanks, or does it have to be same party?
Text says party member so wouldn't expect it to. Definitely doesn't work on pets. Really though decoy testing (at least when it comes to pure pass/fail) is super easy as in a single shot will confirm
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-07-24 13:31:26  
clearlyamule said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Text says party member so wouldn't expect it to. Definitely doesn't work on pets. Really though decoy testing (at least when it comes to pure pass/fail) is super easy as in a single shot will confirm

Yeah I've always operated under the assumption it was party only (and I remember testing it ages ago, where what I found supported the assumption). But wasn't sure if anything ever changed or if I made some dumb mistake in my little tests. Haven't bothered to drag someone along to test it and never wanted to risk it when actually fighting an Omen boss or something.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Cladbolg
user: cladbolg
By Bismarck.Cladbolg 2017-07-24 21:09:39  
Blazed1979 said: »
Bismarck.Cladbolg said: »
Thank you.

exactly! I've been asking for this for ages. If there's an Auto-RA that doesn't suck, please share it with me. I'm getting arthritis in my left thumb and index finger from hitting my CTRL+1 /RA macro.

Lol no one wants to share. I donno why though.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-07-24 21:36:42  
I'll share it when it's ship-able. I haven't had much time to work on FFXI related things and it's not feature complete yet (and needs a little refactoring.)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]

Post deleted by User.
By Sidiov 2017-08-24 19:00:29  
DirectX said: »
Some questions from a returning player:

If no RMEA, what weapon type should be used? and what weapons are ideal? What WS is used?

What augs for RNG TP back piece and for WS (as advised above)?

Thanks.
It like every philosophical question discussed in detail over the last 106 pages in one succinct post!

1) Get RMEA
2) Shoot
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By anik 2017-08-24 19:16:12  
Speaking of secondary characters, I got my tertiary character a Carnwenhan for max duration on 4 songs :D
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-24 20:40:41  
weapons: Holliday is a very solid gun and probably your best bet for non-rmea. Going the non-rmea bow route is MUCH harder than the gun route.

back: You'll need several, here's how I prioritized-

1. Midshot. AGI/racc/ratk/Store TP
2. Preshot. Snapshot ONLY.
3. Physical Weaponskill. AGI/racc/ratk/Weaponskill Damage
4. Magical Weaponskill. AGI/macc/mdmg/Weaponskilll Damage
5. Melee (if that's your style). DEX/acc/atk/double attack(or store TP, in my opinion the jury is out and it really depends on your other gear).

Basically in weapons, you're looking for the highest DMG gun you can find, and if you can throw some AGI or WSD (weaponskill dmg) on it, even better. All marksmanship weaponskills, and all archery weaponskills outside of Jishnu's Radiance, use AGI for a main modifier. Trueflight requires some unique builds, but can be exploited with magic attack bonus and WSD.

The reason people will say "get a RMEA" is that especially for us, they are a HUGE increase in DPS. The exclusive ammunition that comes with an afterglowed RMEA, or the fail-not/fomalhaut, is what really makes them so much more powerful than purchasable ammo. So while I understand your frustration with that sentiment...it really is true. Your best all-around choice would be a Fomalhaut, and if aeonics are out of your reach, an armageddon is a great all-around option. Annihilator is one of the easier ones to do, and VERY solid. Bows are at a disadvantage, and in my personal experiences only Gandiva really can keep up. Hope this helps.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-08-24 20:42:43  
DirectX said: »
I knew the generic "Get RMEA" was coming. Please take your pretentious wit elsewhere if you do not want to answer the question. Some people simply do not have the time to play to get RMEAs on main chars, let alone secondary chars.
Problem is a lot of the competitive options can take longer/cost more unless you get lucky with augment lottery. At least compared to the super fast and easy relic. So outside of augment lotteries which you'd want to avoid I don't think there are any really good marksmanship options so while there is a best of those it's more of a just find a 119 and use it. idk Arasy looks good maybe Nibiru.

Bows tend to be less popular now but I think have better non rmea options like the tenzen one, maybe SR one, escha sky one

As far as back you'll want ambuscade. For ws it really depends on the weapon and situation and as such backs will differ. I believe archery primarily uses Jishnu's you you'll want crit hit rate dex and racc/ratt. For marksmanship you generally doing TF or last stand both of which you'd want agi, ratt/racc and wsd if you want though preferable would swap the ratt/racc for macc/mdmg on TF

For tp you'd generally want standard ratt/racc, agi/str and for the special slot either store tp or crit depending.
By irrelliuss 2017-08-24 20:55:01  
So, without reading 107 pages in this thread, is there a way to determine which weapons the guide is talking about? Half of the pictures are missing, and they have a vague description on why that weapon is good, but don't tell what weapon the missing picture used to be of. Can we name the weapons? Maybe captions under the missing image? Since there are no pictures?
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 130 131 132