First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 130 131 132
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-05-04 13:11:49  
Odin.Taffy said: »
A little confused about Amini Caban +1 -

For the 7% ratt and VS to take affect this piece needs to be equipped both when the VS ability is used and ALSO in pre-shot while under VS?

If someone could please clarify - we were debating this last night. The above is my understanding and the way I have always used the body.

Thanks

I believe it gives two bonuses:
-one to aiming delay (which would mean you'd want it in pre-shot to take advantage of)
-another one to ranged attack which would need to be used during mid shot
 Odin.Taffy
サーバ: Odin
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-05-04 17:00:08  
I did the testing - and I can confirm the piece must be in midshot for the ratt bonus BUT the bonus is based on 7% of base ratt not calculating gear or VS innate bonus less the 7%. This means the bonus is very marginal (only 31 ratt more than meg body +1). I guess based on that - Orion jerkin +3 will be best in slot for midshot in RA and acc.RA.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-07 11:59:57  
If you're looking for something better than the Orion Jerkin +2/+3 in your midshot builds when it comes to damage only, The Arcadian Jerkin +1 is what you want. For every merit of Snapshot you gain 1% chance of Double Shot activating even without Double Shot up. Yes, you're giving up all the Racc/Ratk/Store TP, but on total fodder enemies that extra shot over time will deal more damage. I personally use it on CL <125 and with my other gear still sit at around 1200 Racc outside my Mog House. Its a great tradeoff, but it is niche because you will likely lose one hit on your build because of the loss of Store TP.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-07 12:49:13  
What about Nisroch Jerkin?
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-05-07 14:31:06  
For trueflight besides gastaphetes would it be best to use an augmented Doomsday with that level 80 bullet?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-07 18:18:19  
I think forma is #2, or martial if you can melee is close.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-07 19:53:21  
clearlyamule said: »
What about Nisroch Jerkin?

Its a piece I will definitely use when I don't need the accuracy, and 100% of the time when Camouflage is up. However, been running Omen since about 4 weeks after its inception, and my group has seen one body drop total, a Dagon Breastplate. So yeah, its on my wishlist, but unless your Omen group can't effectively farm Ou and you're gonna farm Fu for a Jerkin, I wouldn't expect it to happen any time soon.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-07 20:02:02  
Asura.Topace said: »
For trueflight besides gastaphetes would it be best to use an augmented Doomsday with that level 80 bullet?

Fomalhaut #2, and I'd wager that AG'ed Armageddon is definitely in there. With the 50AGI, and 30macc on the Devastating Bullets, it would definitely be a contender. If we're talking non-RMEA, I'm sure you could take a Holliday down some interesting augment paths, and you get a better delay and built-in Store TP +5 compared to the Doomsday.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-05-07 20:44:43  
Oddly I've come to value relic gun for Trueflight in some circumstances. For fights like Kei, pulling hate is more of a concern than doing damage and you can utilize Coronach AM3.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-05-12 20:16:23  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Oddly I've come to value relic gun for Trueflight in some circumstances. For fights like Kei, pulling hate is more of a concern than doing damage and you can utilize Coronach AM3.

Honestly I just think it is funny to tank Kei on Ranger...and MPK people who don't want to load the add on to see HP%.
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2017-05-12 20:23:39  
It actually is fun to tank kei, but why not using the sch Caper Emisarius? Problem solved!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-12 20:53:44  
odd question, but no resources that I can find list camouflage as having a base level of +crit hit rate. With our JPs, can add 20% crit rate to camouflage, but was wondering if there was any info on the base crit rate before JPs, or does it only gain crit rate+ after JPs?
By clearlyamule 2017-05-12 21:01:43  
I don't know if anyone has tested it but I see no reason why it should given the help text and update notes on it have never stated it would as far as I know
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-15 20:59:19  
Made some adjustments to my lua:

-added an accuracy mode for Bird Family enemies that equip Bird Killer hands into the base Acc set
-added a Camouflage set that is packed with +crit rate gear and auto-equips instead of standard midshot gear.

Cele's RNG lua
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-05-16 20:32:42  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
If you're looking for something better than the Orion Jerkin +2/+3 in your midshot builds when it comes to damage only, The Arcadian Jerkin +1 is what you want.
Woof.

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
does it only gain crit rate+ after JPs?
Yes. The only thing it does passively is reduce the enmity of ranged attacks while it remains active.
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-05-16 20:54:36  
Meg body +1 or +2 is solid midcast as well with the crit hit dmg +
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-21 17:54:55  
Odin.Slore said: »
Meg body +1 or +2 is solid midcast as well with the crit hit dmg +

Much agreement there. Actually changed my camo sets to include Meg Cuirie+2 and Meg Visor+1...the crit dmg on the body, and the dead aim on the head (same thing for us!) really shows dividends. With Camouflage, Double Shot, Velocity Shot, and AM3 from Gastraphetes, was frequently seeing single crits of 6k and doubleshots of 10-12k on Fu with only 1 buff absorbed from one player, so no major damage bonus.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-05-24 15:33:25  
So, Oshosi Vest...

Conditionally, best TP building piece when (1) Double Shot is up, and (2) you don't need the max Racc of an Orion +2/+3. Orion wins if Double Shot is down. That's what I'm thinking, anybody disagree?

As an Armageddon user, particularly relevant for me in building to 3000tp to get AM3 going ASAP. Then to take advantage of Empy AM, I tend to switch to a much more crit-oriented set using Meghanada body for the nice combo of crit damage/racc/ratk.

I guess to some extent you should be able to minimize the need for the TP building use case, given that Barrage can build TP awfully fast a lot of the time to get from 0 to 3000 TP (but hey, it does have a timer and it still whiffs on an early shot sometimes...), and once AM is going you can somewhat manage TP to start building to re-apply it shortly after AM wearing off. But, not an incredibly uncommon situation for me to want to prioritize quick TP gain above all else.

Relevant stat comparison:
Oshosi: STR+33 AGI+44 Ranged Accuracy+37 "Store TP"+7 "Snapshot"+12 "Double Shot"+7%
Orion +3: STR+34 AGI+40 Ranged Accuracy+60 Ranged Attack+41 Enmity-7 "Store TP"+8 (plus set bonus adding an additional Racc+15 if using other Orion +2/+3 pieces)
Orion +2: STR+29 AGI+35 Ranged Accuracy+50 Ranged Attack+31 Enmity-6 "Store TP"+4 (plus set bonus adding an additional Racc+15 if using other Orion +2/+3 pieces)
Meghanada +2: STR+34 AGI+41 Ranged Accuracy+50 Ranged Attack+46 Critical hit damage +6%

At any rate, I'm also interested in Oshosi for COR purposes and as a BiS Snapshot piece if getting no Flurry at all and begrudgingly giving up Empy body to maintain capped snapshot. Trying to figure out where else it fits though. I'm assuming the Double/Triple shot %+ requires the corresponding JA to be active, but please correct me if that was tested and shown to be incorrect.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-24 18:07:07  
I find the feet particularly fascinating. Like Capuchin, I make use of a crit heavy setup with AM3 of Gastraphetes where the Meghanada Body +2 is the centerpiece, and those feet give adhemar+1 a serious run for their money, even with 2 pieces of +1 adhemar for the a marginal set bonus. The Oshosi feet also have a lovely Emnity-10 on them.

The head is also interesting to me due to the increase in double/tripleshot damage, not just rate.

As for thoughts on the body, I will probably stick with my Orion+3 for when doubleshot is down, making other slots more flexible. Now, if I had a Nisroch Jerkin, the conversation becomes much more difficult, as I do think that is often the BiS TP piece, and with doubleshot down, I think it may remain as such when you don't need the mainline IV of racc that Orion+3 gives.

tl;dr- in terms of the Body slot...Doubleshot up-Oshosi. Doubleshot down and racc not an issue-Nisroch. Doubleshot down and racc giving you issues-Orion+3.
[+]
By Afania 2017-05-24 19:55:35  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
At any rate, I'm also interested in Oshosi for COR purposes and as a BiS Snapshot piece if getting no Flurry at all and begrudgingly giving up Empy body to maintain capped snapshot.

What do you mean? Empy body isn't part of preshot set, it's also possible to cap snapshot without oshosi, although it does allow one touch /ra macros for vanilla users without perfect taeon augment.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-05-24 21:34:23  
Afania said: »
At any rate, I'm also interested in Oshosi for COR purposes and as a BiS Snapshot piece if getting no Flurry at all and begrudgingly giving up Empy body to maintain capped snapshot.

What do you mean? Empy body isn't part of preshot set, it's also possible to cap snapshot without oshosi, although it does allow one touch /ra macros for vanilla users without perfect taeon augment.

There are a lot of snapshot sets, it's not bad to have options. For instance, here's one I have with 69% snap (after merits) that I think is generally worth the slightly under cap in exchange for more rapid shot (and even more after +3 head).
ItemSet 351470

And am I misunderstanding Amini Caban's "Velocity Shot +7%" effect? BG says "Decreases ranged aiming delay by -7% and increases ranged attack +7% while using Velocity Shot.". Is the delay reduction not a preshot piece?
By clearlyamule 2017-05-24 22:12:09  
And am I misunderstanding Amini Caban's "Velocity Shot +7%" effect? BG says "Decreases ranged aiming delay by -7% and increases ranged attack +7% while using Velocity Shot.". Is the delay reduction not a preshot piece?
It's probably because you were talking about cor in that sentence and the way it reads it's easy to think you meant cor all the way thru
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-05-24 23:03:41  
clearlyamule said: »
It's probably because you were talking about cor in that sentence and the way it reads it's easy to think you meant cor all the way thru

Ahhhh. Yeah, I meant RNG. Sorry if it was confusingly worded.
[+]
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2017-05-27 09:47:59  
Concerning the Oshosi Set (I hope it's not too far fetched),

did anyone tried to use the Arcadian Jerkin +1
Code
Notes
Double Shot damage boost affects the second shot of a Double Shot proc and adds 7% additional damage.
Augmented with Adds "Enhances 'Snapshot' effect"
Adds 1% Double Shot rate per Snapshot merit level. The Double Shot job ability [b]does not need to be active[/b] for the effect to proc.
Related Links

along with other pieces to incraese the double shot %?
I am wondering if this would grant a perma double-shot with incraesed rate, and if so, would if be worthwhile on something else than fodder mobs...
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-05-27 10:18:19  

Up to date COR Snapshot stuff over here:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31312/the-pirates-lair-a-guide-to-corsair/129/#3229681

Updated it with Oshosi Vest and moved some stuff around to push out 5 more Rapid Shot on the basic no-Flurry set.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-06-04 23:04:48  
What earrings/rings/necks are people using in crit-focused sets (e.g., for me an empy AM up set)?

Neck: I don't have Iskur yet, but that's prob not worth giving up for anything more crit-oriented. Currently I'm using Erudition for TP building, and sacrificing a bit of STP to use Marked Gorget in my crit set (gaining a modest amount of AGI/Enm-/Racc/Atk and not changing my 3-hit). Anything else worth it pre-Iskur, like perhaps Nefarious+1?

Ears: Unfortunately, never got Telos so I'm using (1) Enervating and (2) Neritic or Dedition. Any other suggestions?

Rings: Begrudging + one of the AGI+10 Omen reward rings (Dingir, Ilabrat, Regal), with Garuda+1 behind that tier?

Aside from accessories, I'm pretty comfortable with the below crit set (AGI+30/Racc&Ratk20/Crit rate+10% cape), but lemme know if you think I'm overlooking something:
ItemSet 351728
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-06-16 14:01:51  
What augments would you need on Herculean Helm in order to use it over Orion +3 for Trueflight?
By fillerbunny9 2017-06-16 14:11:50  
What earrings/rings/necks are people using in crit-focused sets (e.g., for me an empy AM up set)?

Neck: I don't have Iskur yet, but that's prob not worth giving up for anything more crit-oriented. Currently I'm using Erudition for TP building, and sacrificing a bit of STP to use Marked Gorget in my crit set (gaining a modest amount of AGI/Enm-/Racc/Atk and not changing my 3-hit). Anything else worth it pre-Iskur, like perhaps Nefarious+1?

Ears: Unfortunately, never got Telos so I'm using (1) Enervating and (2) Neritic or Dedition. Any other suggestions?

Rings: Begrudging + one of the AGI+10 Omen reward rings (Dingir, Ilabrat, Regal), with Garuda+1 behind that tier?

Aside from accessories, I'm pretty comfortable with the below crit set (AGI+30/Racc&Ratk20/Crit rate+10% cape), but lemme know if you think I'm overlooking something:
ItemSet 351728

might want to look into Darraigner's Brais, depending on Accuracy needs.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-06-16 14:27:04  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
What augments would you need on Herculean Helm in order to use it over Orion +3 for Trueflight?
Depends on your stats a lot. Need to know total mab, int, mdmg and mab not counting head slot
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-06-16 14:38:27  
ItemSet 348655

Afterglow Annihilator.

Malevolence: INT 10, MAB 10
Samnuha Coat: MAB 14
Herc Legs: MAB 34
Herc Feet: MAB 32, WSD 3%
Cape: AGI 20, MDMG 20, WSD 10%