Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-21 17:36:08  
Just sub RDM and flurry yourself

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-21 17:44:57  
fillerbunny9 said: »
AF +2 legs should be equally as good as Adhemar +1 during Pre-shot, as they are both Snapshot 10. Adhemar +1 are better for mid-shot (when possible) due to their Store TP. things will vary depending on your other gear as well as what your R.Acc requirements are. for NQ Adhemar, AF +2 has 1 point more of Snapshot, and thus is the pre-shot winner.
Adhemar also has 13 rapid shot. And generally speaking most capped sets you have will have you overcapped by a little (largely because of the odd amount on carmine hands) so the 1 often doesn't matter.

The bottom set taffy posted for example is at 73% snap. Even upgrading af legs to +3 wouldn't really benefit. Like you could change a taeon to mixed snap/rapid but that's trading 13 rapid for 5. Alternatively with af+3 legs you could also swap to a snapshot belt which would allow you to completely get rid of taeon head in favor of af+3 but that's just breaks even on rapid shot and while still a little over cap less snapshot.

Of course if you got Haverton Ring +1 that makes a huge difference since it combines very nicely with the 8 on carmine so in a lot of ways it's almost like it has 10 (not actually just caps and how most things are in 5s). With that ring you could take the 2nd set and just straight up swap heads for an extra 18 rapid shot and if you are using mythic too swap feet out for pursurers getting you capped snapshot with flurry 1 and 57 gear rapid shot with another 35 from jt/merits giving you 92 possibly capped with Kustawi

edit: ***beaten this is what I get for trying to make big posts while handling customers
 Asura.Dinotron
サーバ: Asura
user: dinotron
By Asura.Dinotron 2017-04-21 18:09:23  
What are some good non-REMA guns/xbows? Is there a large difference between using a gun/xbow since they share the same skill/WSs? I found a list of decent bows in another thread and checked back about ~30 pages in this thread but didn't see suggestions.

Thanks!
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-04-21 18:11:28  
What stones are you guys using to get snapshot 10 on taeon pieces?

Augs states highest you can get is %5 per piece, granted I have not used this augment system in years.
By Faero 2017-04-21 18:20:47  
Leaftip and Dusktip can each cap at 5, for a total of 10
[+]
 Odin.Taffy
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-04-21 19:35:49  
Asura.Dinotron said: »
What are some good non-REMA guns/xbows? Is there a large difference between using a gun/xbow since they share the same skill/WSs? I found a list of decent bows in another thread and checked back about ~30 pages in this thread but didn't see suggestions.

Thanks!

Only time to use an Xbow imo is if you have Gastra.

Gun generally always wins and the difference between Rema and Non-Rema is very substantial. Annihilator AG these days is very easy to get for example.

If you simply don't want to make a rema then a very well rolled Holliday can compete somewhat.

I had almost perfect Holliday - when I AG'd annhi my damage went up a lot. Almost finished Forma too so interested to compare it to Anhi!
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2017-04-21 21:44:23  
what aug's do you need for a "perfect" holliday?
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-21 22:59:06  
DMG 15+, AGI +15+, Racc/Ratt 20/20+, then STP or WSD in last slot probably.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-21 23:15:35  
That doesn't look like it would be much if any better than a perfect Doomsday
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-04-22 02:46:37  
Odin.Taffy said: »
Only time to use an Xbow imo is if you have Gastra.

Agreed, but for the sake of completeness, Imati+1 is prob your best non-Gastra Xbow option. Perhaps someone will have some kind of status bolt argument, I dunno.

If you simply don't want to make a rema then a very well rolled Holliday can compete somewhat.

Though, if you don't want to make a REMA you may be better off focusing on bow ranger for any situation where you don't need magical WS. Some solid options, between Nobility, Alluvion bow, Teller, Steinthor...

Holliday or Doomsday for non-RMEA though, as others have noted.

Worth noting that Holliday's in-game stats (at least in English version) are incorrect. It actually gives +20 STR AGI Racc, not the listed 15/15/10 values.

Holliday with good augs can easily beat Doomsday for a more physical leaning ranged build, but Doomsday does allow for easier focus on WSD/MAB augs for magical WS. Before I AGed my Armageddon, I normally used a MAB and WSD+5% (never could get a 7%) Doomsday for my COR, but my pretty good Holliday beat it if for whatever reason I wanted to shoot and use Last Stand, and I tended to prefer the Holliday on RNG too (though I wasn't playing RNG very heavily and usually stuck to bows at that point anyhow, until my Arma was done).
 Sylph.Limlight
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2017-04-23 16:54:38  
returning player. how desirable is rng? We've always been a bit niche post nerf but i've always loved the job. Having a 2 hand melee, a support and then gearing up my rng would be ideal to me. Is it used often enough?

Secondly, if it is. I have anni and yoichi. aeonic is out of the question for a bit so of those two would you suggest one over the other?

Gear wise. I left the game during the vagary days so no reisenjima gear, but I have everything pre reisen. Suggestions on what to shoot for first?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-04-23 17:03:45  
Sylph.Limlight said: »
returning player. how desirable is rng? We've always been a bit niche post nerf but i've always loved the job. Having a 2 hand melee, a support and then gearing up my rng would be ideal to me. Is it used often enough?

Secondly, if it is. I have anni and yoichi. aeonic is out of the question for a bit so of those two would you suggest one over the other?

Gear wise. I left the game during the vagary days so no reisenjima gear, but I have everything pre reisen. Suggestions on what to shoot for first?

I'd say focus on your annihilator first, gives you the option of both a magical and a physical weaponskill in your arsenal. Your bread and butter will be Last Stand and Trueflight.

Are we niche? Definitely. However, we can be extremely useful and even the best choice at a few times. You won't be on RNG for all your events, no matter how well geared you are, but having a good RNG really opens up some possibilities in things like Omen, some of the Reisenjima T4s, and of course things like Ambuscade.

You'll want to focus on gathering some Herculean pieces to augment for Trueflight weaponskill (magic attack bonus, weaponskill damage your goals) as well as some for Last Stand (AGI, Ranged Attack/Accuracy, Weaponskill damage on for this weaponskill). When you get geared up appropriately, find an Omen group, make your own, whatever you need to do. So many great pieces there for RNG, and upgrading your Relic Armor to +3 (in particular, head,hands,body) is insane.

I think RNG is in a great spot right now. I just wish the playerbase appreciated our roles better.
 Sylph.Limlight
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2017-04-23 17:12:22  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Sylph.Limlight said: »

I'd say focus on your annihilator first, gives you the option of both a magical and a physical weaponskill in your arsenal. Your bread and butter will be Last Stand and Trueflight.

Are we niche? Definitely. However, we can be extremely useful and even the best choice at a few times. You won't be on RNG for all your events, no matter how well geared you are, but having a good RNG really opens up some possibilities in things like Omen, some of the Reisenjima T4s, and of course things like Ambuscade.

You'll want to focus on gathering some Herculean pieces to augment for Trueflight weaponskill (magic attack bonus, weaponskill damage your goals) as well as some for Last Stand (AGI, Ranged Attack/Accuracy, Weaponskill damage on for this weaponskill). When you get geared up appropriately, find an Omen group, make your own, whatever you need to do. So many great pieces there for RNG, and upgrading your Relic Armor to +3 (in particular, head,hands,body) is insane.

I think RNG is in a great spot right now. I just wish the playerbase appreciated our roles better.

thanks for the tips! It sounds a lot like what we were doing in vagary. I was working on that trueflight build a year+ ago and i'll have to keep at it.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-23 17:51:02  
RNG's get all the benefit of the acc adjustments, but don't have to contend with all the added headaches from the vex/attune nerf. You don't need to split off/add bubbles/songs for protection, you won't need a Yagrush WHM (or maybe any healer at all) in the DD party.

I wouldn't even call it niche, just not on most people's radar yet. The benefits are pretty huge, especially if you have an LS full of Fomalhauts.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-04-23 20:06:59  
I would say it's a good job. The DPS potential is way below other jobs (this can be an issue for some T4 fights) but you need much less support and can avoid getting hit by AoEs. There are some situations (Schah, Vinipata) where this simplicity is worth the tradeoff in DPS.
[+]
By minikomby 2017-04-27 13:41:58  
may someone share Rng-Coronach sets with af+2/+3 please
By Blazed1979 2017-04-27 13:46:27  
Played nothing but war/pld/mnk/drk/rdm/nin for 10 years. Started getting bored and tried RNG. Been in love with it for the past 5 years and my only regret is I didn't play it during the RNG OP glory days.
Fun job.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-04-27 22:53:06  
minikomby said: »
may someone share Rng-Coronach sets with af+2/+3 please

ItemSet 350827

This is personally what I use for my coronach it's not the best and could use some improvements. The herc legs have Agi+7 Range Att&Acc +25 and WSD +5.
 Asura.Frootz
user: Frootz
By Asura.Frootz 2017-04-27 23:11:04  
Pretty much what i use as well, except in your empty slot i have Sherida Earring for the STR/DEX+5 and Herc.Vest with WSD+9%
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-05-01 09:44:57  
ANyone have an updated trueflight set they can show?

Mine is currently ItemSet 350958 with the legs having MAB+41 and M.Acc +20. The feet have MAB and MACC +24 WSD+3. I was told moonshade would be good for the second earring slot, but was also told to just go with another MAB earring
By Davorin 2017-05-01 10:35:22  
Trueflight sets and discussion just a few pages ago... Your text to link here...
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-01 15:09:50  
anyone one a rng lua that has a weapon toggle or some way to auto equip sets based on things such as bow/gun and which (I got yoichi,anni,forma,fail soon). That also can detect sams roll and auto change based off that etc? My rng lua is so basic and worthless its needing a big update/ or full redo.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-01 18:06:37  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
anyone one a rng lua that has a weapon toggle or some way to auto equip sets based on things such as bow/gun and which (I got yoichi,anni,forma,fail soon). That also can detect sams roll and auto change based off that etc? My rng lua is so basic and worthless its needing a big update/ or full redo.

Finally put the finishing touches on my RNG lua with some help from a good friend. While it won't recognize SAM rolls (something I haven't messed with yet, but am considering), it does have separate Preshot,Midshot,and Barrage sets for different weapons. I have not set up Toggles yet for swapping weapons, its something I just like to do manually. It will recognize the presence of Flurry, and then you can use a toggle (ctrl-q in my setup) to differentiate between Flurry I and Flurry II. Has 4 sets of Accuracy built in, more can be added. Will detect Aurorastorm on Trueflight and Firestorm on Wildfire to equip Obi automatically. Locks for PDT and MDT set. Think that about covers it.

Ranger Lua

EDIT-This is not Mote Based. I do use his libraries for my RDM, just started with a non-Mote RNG lua when I was less-versed and was doing copy/fill only, so didn't really care either way at that point. tl;drNo includes necessary.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-04 09:41:12  
which 3 capes would you make first?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-04 09:56:05  
1.TP. (Racc/ratk/AGI, STORETP)
2.A WS cape, based on your most common usage (agi/racc/ratk/wsd for last stand, etc, or dex/racc/ratk/crit rate for jishnus)
3.A snapshot+10 cape for preshot. That's the only stat you need on it.

Then add other weaponskills.
[+]
 Odin.Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-05-04 11:16:04  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
1.TP. (Racc/ratk/AGI, STORETP)
2.A WS cape, based on your most common usage (agi/racc/ratk/wsd for last stand, etc, or dex/racc/ratk/crit rate for jishnus)
3.A snapshot+10 cape for preshot. That's the only stat you need on it.

Then add other weaponskills.

I concur - Also if you have not yet mastered rng I would suggest making a melee STP cape - Rng solo SC with Trueflight closing for a CP party is great especially in light of the upcoming event. I did this and then used a needle to adjust the stats for a second WS cape.
 Odin.Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-05-04 11:46:21  
A little confused about Amini Caban +1 -

For the 7% ratt and VS to take affect this piece needs to be equipped both when the VS ability is used and ALSO in pre-shot while under VS?

If someone could please clarify - we were debating this last night. The above is my understanding and the way I have always used the body.

Thanks
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-05-04 11:57:26  
You should be able to test that using /checkparam
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-05-04 12:08:09  
A little confused about Amini Caban +1 -

For the 7% ratt and VS to take affect this piece needs to be equipped both when the VS ability is used and ALSO in pre-shot while under VS?

If someone could please clarify - we were debating this last night. The above is my understanding and the way I have always used the body.

Thanks
Empyrean armor bonuses generally don't need to be worn upon activation of the ability unless its function is duration extension, otherwise they only need to be worn while the ability is active.
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 130 131 132