users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » Semi taboo cooking question
Semi taboo cooking question
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-03-29 12:07:40  
Are there any good "npcable" recipes that don't involve a crap ton of ingredients? I'm not worried about skilling up, just need some decent income and red curry buns kill my inv.

Most people frown upon these types of questions BUT since I'm asking which are good to NPC no one should feel as if their market is in jeopardy.

Oh, cooking is at 96 w/raw fish handling, noodle kneading, and patissier.
By Ophannus 2013-03-29 12:19:47  
97 with Dawn Mulsums, cheap as hell, buy Pephedro Chips and make White Honeies with em, buy grape juice from Jeuno if lazy or make juice out of grapes. Hydra Kofte is cheaper than RCB and personally my preferred food as it lasts 3-4 hours and offers the same str/att as RCB but with added def too. Kitron Juices aren't so bad either 30-50k/stack but 4 synths per stack rather than 50-80k per synth with RCB.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-03-29 12:20:58  
<3 Hydra Kofte. Best kept secret for non-BST dynamis, but it's gonna be relevant now!
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2013-03-29 12:24:22  
The first issue was RMTs would do this a lot and as they don't have anything else to do, they were able to make a sustainable income from NPCing things such as Coffee Macroons etc. so as soon as this becomes viable, there is a tendency for it to get nerfed pretty quick.

It's on a much smaller scale, but the impact on the economy of NPCing in large amounts is what happened with blinkers (i.e. mass inflation!)

.... but that's not what you asked! Essentially my point is that I believe any nice-profit-making npc-able items have already been nerfed. If you do find one, I'd keep it to yourself!!

Edit. Don't understand what the 2 guys above posted that for, OP is asking for stuff to NPC, not which market to enter!
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-03-29 13:22:50  
Well, it looks like I got a twofer! The kofte wasn't exactly what I was looking for BUT I did not know about this food and it will be very nice to have! I'll be making these for myself, and maybe for others. Thanks!
By Heimdel 2013-03-29 13:39:54  
with the changes the making to def Hydra Kofte could become a very popular food.
[+]
By DuzellLevi 2013-03-30 17:49:50  
The question here is what constitutes decent. If your willing to fish, roast Pipira has a large profit margin, but its actual profit per hour is barely better than farming bird blood with its current sell price. Most cooking recopies don't even cover the cost of ingredients if you vendor them.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2013-03-30 23:08:42  
You have thf , just farm goobers in the tree and save the trial and error . 80k+ an hour with out really trying easy .