Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-05-21 10:54:13  
I was afraid someone would say that lol, yeah I'll just keep both sets I guess. Thanks!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-05-25 00:55:03  
Code
   if spell.english == 'Resolution' or spell.english == 'Shockwave' or spell.english == 'Spinning Slash' or spell.english == 'Ground Strike' then
        equip(sets.Resolution[sets.Resolution.index[Resolution_ind]])
    end

if spell.english == 'Dimidiation' then
        equip(sets.Dimidiation[sets.Dimidiation.index[Dimidiation_ind]])
    end

if spell.english == 'Requiescat' then
        equip(sets.Requiescat[sets.Requiescat.index[Requiescat_ind]])
    end

It will swap for any of these. To remove a WS, remove it from the if/then rule.

Fell Cleave would look like...
Code
  if spell.english == 'Fell Cleave' then 
     equip(sets.FellCleave[sets.FellCleave.index[FellCleave_ind]])
    end

with a gearset named sets.FellCleave.Attack and a set named sets.FellCleave.Accuracy. Would also need to set an index for it...
Code
sets.FellCleave = {}

sets.FellCleave.index = {'Attack','Accuracy'}
        FellCleave_ind = 1

...and a hotkey...
Code
send_command('bind ^f12 gs c toggle Cleave set')

...as well as the rest of the index code.
Code
elseif command == 'toggle Cleave set' then
        FellCleave_ind = FellCleave_ind +1
        if FellCleave_ind > #sets.FellCleave.index then FellCleave_ind = 1 end
        send_command('@input /echo <----- Fell Cleave set changed to '..sets.FellCleave.index[FellCleave_ind]..' ----->')

Or all of the index information can be skipped, though you wouldn't be able to toggle sets for it. In this case all you need is the sets.FellCleave set and...
Code
if spell.english == 'Fell Cleave' then
        equip(sets.FellCleave)
    end

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-05-26 13:51:18  
If that's all you were doing, you could have just done this:
Code
if spell.english == 'Resolution' or spell.english == 'Shockwave' or spell.english == 'Spinning Slash' or spell.english == 'Ground Strike' 
or spell.english == Fell Cleave' then
     equip(sets.Resolution[sets.Resolution.index[Resolution_ind]])
 end

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Staleyx 2017-05-26 14:05:35  
I could see a run clearing in 25ish with ergon or lionheart subbing /drk maybe. BLU just has so much self buffing spells to make it the best farmer in there. Think my record is around 18 skipping everything but both cerbs and gears.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-05-26 15:17:53  
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Assuming the other salvage zones could be better for RUN and PUP but I just don't have that knowledge :x.
RUN farms Zhayolm and Silver Seas better than it does Bhaflau. The bosses die much faster and there's less effort to pop gears generally. Works best if you use Fell Cleave to mass farm.

Zhayolm is the fastest to run (like 10-15 min) if you're just doing bosses, but has the lowest potential from regular alex drops.

Silver Seas will net slightly less alex than a full Bhaflau run (like maybe 9), but you'll get done in 15-20 minutes for a full farm.

If you're not familiar with it, there's also a good technique when farming using Fell Cleave. I call it the "right wall trick", which involves pulling your enemies a wall of some sort. With the wall on your right and the enemies in front of you, back up a little and they will begin to all position on top of each other alongside this wall. This allows you to parry all of them, while ensuring Fell Cleave hits everything. This doesn't work with certain walls where there are unusual obstacles or inclines that they will climb up, but it's very effective in Salvage.
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-05-26 15:23:35  
Quote:
Meanwhile I assume that a Walmart BLU without a Mythic/EmP/Aenic Could clear it within 20-25min

Give ya self more credit then that. A walmart blu would just buy gil because they are to lazy to even try farming salvage.

Post deleted by User.
By Bahadir 2017-05-27 08:55:38  
Is there a known cap to parrying due to Inquartata and Battuta?

Run99 (according to wiki) gets 13% Parrying rate due to Inquartata V. Gifts add 8%. Gear (Turms feet, Empy legs and Ambu Cape) add Inquartata+9 which is agreed upon to be another +18%.
That already adds up to 39%.
According to wiki again 5/5 Battuta adds 56% Parrying. And all of that regardless of the enemy level.

So together thats a stunning 95% Parrying rate, regardless of the enemy level and not even considering Runs native parrying skill.

Did any1 ever test if thats achievable or if there is a cap before? Would be interesting to know cause we might be able to take merits out of Battuta.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-29 21:29:48  
Anyone have a way to add in a lua a Battuta set? In that if I have Battuta up it equips the Turms hands for the duration? I tried copying the code used for Triple Shot on COR, but that had two parts to the If, one being ranged attack, which Battuta is not, and I don't know the line necessary to have it, so far all I have is:
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if buffactive['Battuta'] then
        equip(sets.Battuta)
		end
	end

But I need something else in that if line, I just can't find a list of what my variables are to figure out which it would be.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-05-29 23:41:09  
Function post_midcast isn't the place you want to do this, since that only gets executed on spell/ability cast. It's not gonna constantly check if you still have a buff on or not.

Try job_buff_change.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-29 23:52:02  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Function post_midcast isn't the place you want to do this, since that only gets executed on spell/ability cast. It's not gonna constantly check if you still have a buff on or not.

Try job_buff_change.

Neither of those worked, just tested it. I tried job_buff_change and it equipped at first use but not after. I need to go to Albumen and I'll try just buff_change
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-05-30 00:35:18  
Code
function job_buff_change(buff,gain)
	if buff == 'Battuta' then
		if gain then 
			equip(sets.Battuta)
			disable('hands')			
		else
			enable('hands')			
			status_change(player.status)
		end
	end	
end
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-06-01 17:48:45  
While buff change would activate when you gain, and lose the buff... it's only going to activate on gain/loss of battuta. It's not going to check if the buff is active when you engage, or after spells/ws, etc.

This kind of rule needs to go in the same place as your TP gear rules. And since I know eff all about motenten luas, and really don't wanna work through the logic in them, I can't tell you where that is.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-01 19:23:41  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
While buff change would activate when you gain, and lose the buff... it's only going to activate on gain/loss of battuta. It's not going to check if the buff is active when you engage, or after spells/ws, etc.

That's why the code disables the hand slot when buff is gained, and enables it again when the buff is lost. Turms hands will be equipped for the duration of Battuta, no matter what other swaps take place.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-06-01 19:50:00  
Honestly, I didn't look at your code. I was only trying to address where a Battuta up engaged set rule should go.

That said, I'm not a fan of disabling slots in any case. There are actions that may be taken during battuta's duration that I would still want swaps for. Phalanx, any JA's enhanced by hand slot, precast fastcast, ws, etc. Unless it's an extreme supertanking sort of situation(I'd make a toggle for these), I wouldn't lock the slot in. I'd just have it equip when engaged+aftercast and still swap out for actions.

But since this was someone else's question, they can do as they like.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-01 20:08:20  
Yeah, it's not ideal, just the simplest implementation I could cook up for OP.
 Sylph.Subadai
サーバ: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2017-06-02 02:39:02  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Neither of those worked, just tested it. I tried job_buff_change and it equipped at first use but not after. I need to go to Albumen and I'll try just buff_change
Motenten recommends not redefining standard event functions like precast() or buff_change(). Use job_buff_change() etc instead, otherwise you'll nuke any default processing Mote-libs provides. His PLD lua has some handling for Cover and Doom that might be adaptable for Battuta. It's pretty involved; I haven't figured out how it all works but there is a customize_melee_set() function that seems to do most of the work. Just search that lua for Doom to find all the relevant bits.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-02 05:33:54  
Sylph.Subadai said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Motenten recommends not redefining standard event functions like precast() or buff_change(). Use job_buff_change() etc instead, otherwise you'll nuke any default processing Mote-libs provides. His PLD lua has some handling for Cover and Doom that might be adaptable for Battuta. It's pretty involved; I haven't figured out how it all works but there is a customize_melee_set() function that seems to do most of the work. Just search that lua for Doom to find all the relevant bits.

Trying to just mimic the doom parts for battuta and I wonder if maybe the lib it calls even knows Battuta is a buff or something, as I can't seem to get it to work at all, even for an initial buff.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-02 06:37:52  
Code
function job_setup()
     state.Buff.Battuta = buffactive.Battuta or false
end

^ maybe you forgot to add this part?

Code
function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
     if state.Buff.Battuta then
          idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.Battuta)
     end

return idleSet
end

function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)
          meleeSet = set_combine(meleeSet, sets.Battuta)
     end

return meleeSet
end

function customize_defense_set(defenseSet)
          defenseSet = set_combine(defenseSet, sets.Battuta)
     end

return defenseSet
end
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-02 06:41:00  
I added that above part, I didn't add a customize_idle_set line, or defense set line, since I only tested in a melee set, but I guess I can add them all and test.

Edit: Well, guess being thorough is the lesson of the day, that code Arislan added seems to work perfectly.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-02 06:54:42  
One last piece of code you might want to add, since the above method doesn't reset your gear exactly when Battuta expires:
Code
function job_buff_change(buff,gain)
     if buff == 'Battuta' and not gain then
          status_change(player.status)
     end
end
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-02 07:00:16  
I actually clicked off Battuta and it went into the proper gloves over my Turms Mittens, so I don't believe that code is needed at all.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-03 04:34:38  
So I just got my +3 head, and wanted to look into making a higher HP/DT FC set so I don't risk anything while casting. I'm using 4 inspiration merits, so with legs that should net me 48% FC, requiring only 32% in gear. My current idea of a set involves:

ItemSet 351674

Was going to fill it out with:

ItemSet 351675

Which actually nets me decent +enmity (+32) and 100hp more than my current PDT set, so no loss of HP.

I was then going to try to configure a rule to equip far more FC gear if inspiration was down, but realized mimicing the little battuta code involves the opposite course of action (if inspiration is on, I'd equip another set, instead of if there's no inspiration, equip this set instead) so I quickly gave up that idea. It's very rare for me to be in that situation anyway.

Is there any way to find the HP to get the Ambuscade cape in for that enmity? It's a 215 HP loss from that set, but I can use NQ Odnowa for another 55 hp, and I am 100hp over, is there any replacement for maybe the belt for +hp options? Any +enmity items I'm majorly missing (I have halitus but that's a 14% FC loss in the slot).
By Faero 2017-06-03 09:45:38  
Depends on what stat you're prioritizing, and what you're willing to trade off. These are a few things that only make minor adjustments. Haven't included things like Regal Gauntlets etc cause then it just becomes a FC/HP set.

More HP;
Odnowa Earring: [HP+55 MDT-1], [Eva-15 MEva-8]
Oneiros Belt: [HP+35], [ElementAll-15]

More Enmity;
Ogma Cape: [Enmity+10], [HP-215 DT+6]
Kasiri Belt: [Enmity+3 HP+10 Eva+13], [ElementAll-15]
Trux Earring: [Enmity+5], [HP-45 Eva-15 MEva-8]

P/M/DT;
Flume Belt: [PDT-4], [HP-20 ElementAll-15]
Etiolation Earring: [HP+5 MDT-3], [Eva-15 MEva-8]

Honestly, I think your set is well balanced. I'd personally probably just throw in Trux and Kasiri for the enmity without too much net loss in other stats.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-03 10:21:19  
I never even knew of that Kasiri Belt, I like it. We'll see if one pops up. I have an NQ Odnowa on my mule, I can send it over and add to the set, which should open HP up. And I can probably swap in my Ogma cape, a 50-100hp loss isn't anything to worry about, honestly.
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 188 189 190