フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 363 364 365
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-11-23 11:22:15  
Yeah, counter became pretty weak during the Delve era due to the boss attacks, but now it's pretty good again.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-11-23 12:11:35  
Not really. Just think about it for a sec. War is the only one with retaliation and war has pretty good DT options for dishing out damage while taking hits. It also has double attack cap to the top.

Monk lacks good DT gear that also give good accuracy. Pretty much negate the counter effects.

The current def down makes it iffy to use without DT
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-11-23 12:16:00  
I didn't say Counterstance, just counters/perfect counter. Besides, MNK can get to 40% DT purely from accessories and wear kendatsuba/adhemar hands for a lot of accuracy. Depending on the mob and whether you have bolster or not, wilt can make counterstance viable too. I don't personally use it without bolster wilt though
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-11-23 12:35:27  
Tbf I abuse counterstance in Omen when farming cards. Counterstance + perfect counter and cancel if you get into trouble.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-11-23 14:45:26  
Leviathan.Andret said: »
Not really. Just think about it for a sec. War is the only one with retaliation and war has pretty good DT options for dishing out damage while taking hits. It also has double attack cap to the top.

Monk lacks good DT gear that also give good accuracy. Pretty much negate the counter effects.

The current def down makes it iffy to use without DT

Have you switched to MNK once in the past year? Probably not. Please leave as this thread is for people who want to play MNK.

If you aren't investing in gear to play a job it's not going to be good, that should be obvious enough.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-11-23 15:28:11  
In case you guys missed this finding, counterstance increases the odds that perfect counter will stay up, making it about as good as Seigan+3E (but not for tp moves.)
By Ackeron 2017-11-24 10:54:39  
Please avoid name calling.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-11-24 14:00:55  
name calling is a hallmark of online gaming, pls lol
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2017-11-24 14:18:31  
Quote:
You said MNK "doesn't have the gear" to maintain DT and Accuracy, which is factually incorrect. I'm not being an elitist.

Edit: Realistically, MNK needs 1 piece of gear from Ambuscade (bar capes), so you probably aren't trying to gear MNK.

Edit 2: If you're using Mummu as a bridge, that has accuracy as well. Surprise.
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2017-11-24 14:23:36  
This level of censorship is what every thread will look like if you let the FCC repeal net neutrality.
[+]
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2017-11-24 14:25:26  
free the mormons

https://www.battleforthenet.com/
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-11-24 14:39:37  
rooks get better mods that actually play ffxi and aren't total goublefaupes
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-03 14:02:48  
Would this TP set be optimum if you want to full-time [Counterstance]?
Provided Barrier+Wilt Up of course~

ItemSet 354960

Thats 74% Counter rate

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-03 16:02:19  
Would probably go Spharai, if you're going that far, unless you some how already had a Jolt+1
 Phoenix.Thorbean
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-12-03 16:28:27  
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Would this TP set be optimum if you want to full-time [Counterstance]?
Provided Barrier+Wilt Up of course~

ItemSet 354960

Thats 74% Counter rate

Thanks in advance.

Way over 74% isn't it? With +3 feet should be +66%, +12% from base trait (0JP) and no counter merits = 78%

Over by 8% if mastered, 32% including Jolts and +3 legs.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108197-Random-Facts-Thread-Abilities?p=5098259&viewfull=1#post5098259
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-03 17:38:36  
You're right thats way over the cap, apparently I skipped adding 45%!!
So technically can cap with just relic feet, but you lose all the buffs that comes with Jolt and AF3
If I dont want to use stance at all then 53% counter rate~ with the previous set.
Still good enough to keep with TP set?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-04 01:22:47  
I am finishing my relic soon so I have been curious too about counter sets. Seems with relic there is not much reason to use counterstance as your rate would already be very high.

While using relic though from a dps standpoint im still trying to find out where af+3 feet and bhikku+1 legs come in. Seems nice that with relic aftermath your at 15KA, add in the two items for 30 more plus your base rate sets you at 59KA base which might be fun, but probably less dps than other combos.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-04 03:28:00  
The AM in itself is good, it's the amount of DPS you lose by using lolfinalheaven instead of another WS that concerns me.
That's the issue that probably doesn't make it worth. If FH was any better it would've been a different story I guess?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-05 11:25:50  
Final Heaven with the lv75 is actually doing decent dmg 5-7k, I don't expect a huge dps loss from it @119v3. I don't even have gear optimized for it, atm just using my HF set for wsd. At 1000 tp (effective 1750 w/ godhands) my HF only do like 12k~ on most normal content, so seeing at 5-7k is lacking a shitload of base dmg and stats, not to mention a lacking ws set AND 40% dmg boost. I would expect it to be doing 10k~.

If any relic mnk 119v3 would like to weigh in please do!!!

Also, I am bored in the game so I decided after relic trials I will probably start Vere, because why not lol. Any suggestions on farming it? I know the buds etc can be a giant pain in the ***.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-12-05 11:31:53  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
Final Heaven with the lv75 is actually doing decent dmg 5-7k, I don't expect a huge dps loss from it @119v3. I don't even have gear optimized for it, atm just using my HF set for wsd. At 1000 tp (effective 1750 w/ godhands) my HF only do like 12k~ on most normal content, so seeing at 5-7k is lacking a shitload of base dmg and stats, not to mention a lacking ws set AND 40% dmg boost. I would expect it to be doing 10k~.

Also, I am bored in the game so I decided after relic trials I will probably start Vere, because why not lol. Any suggestions on farming it? I know the buds etc can be a giant pain in the ***.

Bring mules to hold pop sets is about all you can do really. Some people like to do the Amberbox cleave for KIs but the inconsistency throws me off personally. It’s going to be a frosting covered turd lol
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2017-12-05 12:06:12  
Aza, I've done every weapon from Chloris. My suggestion is to not do it and save your sanity.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-05 12:26:36  
well ill do just one ;D I have no mules so its 100% me going at it alone.... will be long going for sure
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-05 13:40:43  
Asura.Sechs said: »
The AM in itself is good, it's the amount of DPS you lose by using lolfinalheaven instead of another WS that concerns me.
That's the issue that probably doesn't make it worth. If FH was any better it would've been a different story I guess?

FH actually got a fairly large boost. Using it at 1K for the AM effect isn't that big a deal.

3.0 fTP, 80% STR VIT and 40% damage boost on a one hit WS (think there is still a second regular hit). The entire effect of the WSD goes into that hit so you can pump it up a bit by stacking VIT/WSD. It's Ascetics Fury that sucks so bad as to cripple the mythic.
 Asura.Valguard
user: himself87
By Asura.Valguard 2017-12-05 13:47:48  
Asura.Biglovin said: »
Aza, I've done every weapon from Chloris. My suggestion is to not do it and save your sanity.

Can confirm. Chloris is horrible to farm. I've been duoing it and cleaving the zone. So we get KIs from chests and then if we're both missing the same NM I'll go farm that one in particular as War/Nin with all of the procs. If you only have one character, (hopefully with most of the red procs) probably farming each NM one at a time is the way to go. (ew....)

Good luck Aza
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-05 13:48:47  
I know you ment 80% VIT, but ya its not hard to get it to do good numbers at 1k compared to what your other ws's would do I doubt you will see much greater than a 3k difference at most. But again, I dont have it AG yet to say, I just know by my lv75 #'s that it will be pretty potent and the fact its 1hit most of its dmg IMO is nice since mnk isnt the most accurate job.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-05 14:13:55  
relic aftermath isn’t worth maintaining.
By pchan 2017-12-05 14:20:32  
Asura.Azagarth said: »

Veere is the best weapon, so no reason to avoid doing it. Also it caps delay with a single song from a good BRD while spharai not capping still (almost capped but not capped !). Vere is not that hard to obtain ... it's abyssea, it a grind. You can do it in a couple of hours with alts. If you use spharai, you should be using victory smite, and nothing else. Spharai is cool for ambuscade for instance where you have to tank anyway but mdk uses vere and he does fine. However for stuff like power leveling CP on alts I tend to prefer vere.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-05 14:29:34  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
relic aftermath isn’t worth maintaining.

Well for those going for a Subtle-Blow type setup, it's +10 and there is still ~some~ amount of DPS increase. I see it the same as Bravura and Apoc, situational weapons with a situational AM effect.
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 363 364 365