サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-09 14:18:53  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Odin.Geriond said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
A few things, first realize that 20K is low, like really low for buffed WS damage. That's under CDC, Savage, Evisceration, Rudra, Judgment, Vorpal, Stardiver, Cross Reaper, Resolution, Ten and several others. You need to be looking at around 28~32K, which is Cross Reaper, Star Diver, Rudras and such territory. Second is that Fudo is one of the "high end" WS's. All GKT WS's are really quite weak in comparison (outside special Jinpu setups). What makes them so powerful is their amazing SC compatibility and Samurai. GKT on SAM is one of those "quantity over quality" builds where sheer volume overcomes the lower WS Average, that and SC's.
How are you getting numbers like 28K-32K+ with Resolution at ~1000 TP? Are you counting only when Warcry is up?

On my spreadsheet, with capped attack, SAM/WAR rolls, and very good gear (Argosy +1, Niqmaddu/Regal Ring, Moonshade TP, ele belt/neck, etc), Resolution only comes out to about 25K if you WS as soon as you hit 1000 TP.

I don't think Saevel is exaggerating on Resolution numbers. RUN has worse WS gear than WAR and if you go back a few pages to look at my Neak parse, Snapsters' Resolution average was 30k across 150 ws and he was going at 1000 as often as possible.

His spreedsheet is borked. The WS's I listed do indeed hit those numbers, I know this because I have sets defined for them and frequently experiment with them to see what numbers I can make. Judgement for example hits for ~30K (its the savage blade of the clubs), Hexa I can make hit pretty high along with frequently overlooked WS's like Evisceration and Vorpal Blade.

MNK does amazing melee DPS, maybe a bit more multi-attack + store TP but overall it hits hard as ***. It's WS's suck because they are difficult to pump up and exploit. The current high end DPS meta is about finding a few WS's that have some exploitable mechanic and then stacking gear and buffs to exploit that mechanic in a repeatable way. Whether it's stacking WSD, Multi-Hit, WSC, Crit or a combination, it's what we due via gearswaps. H2H WS's, like Staff WS's, are simply ***to exploit. VS and TK and the more notable ones, but both have severe problems with damage growth.

I can agree with all of this. Even giving 99% Accuracy cap to MNK may be enough to fix it. As it currently stands, MNK only has a .95^50 (7.7%) chance of capping out on impetus and gaining 50% crit rate/damage, but if they had 99% that'd dramatically increase up to .99^50 (60.5%) which would make VS a lot more competitive.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-09 14:26:11  
i haven't been on mnk for at least a month and a half, i just don't have to shove my fingers in my ears and scream how awful it is to convince myself my viewpoint is accurate

the very idea that mnk could have redeeming qualities is upsetting you so much you feel a need to immediately make a rebuttal, despite being completely uninformed and having nothing of relevance to contribute to the discussion
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-09 14:27:16  
Fenrir.Ramzus said:
I still need to pickup Shukuyu Sune-Ate and play around with Footwork + Kick WS builds as well. I haven't seen proper testing done on footwork WS since the update, but it could quite possibly make MNK competitive given that they'd be performing WS with >D400 weapons. Their ftp isn't as impressive as other WS, but they'd at least be getting ~4 ftp stacked with a ton of WSD+. If it's as good as I think it might be, MNK would actually be in an okay spot for zerg fights given that Footwork is long enough to last for most fights, and for fights where it isn't, WC/super revit exist to be able to maintain it full time.

I'm not going to comment on its effectiveness, but the very brief test I did indicated that they did in fact apply the +damage to kick WS in the manner the update notes were stated.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-09 14:29:26  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said:
I still need to pickup Shukuyu Sune-Ate and play around with Footwork + Kick WS builds as well. I haven't seen proper testing done on footwork WS since the update, but it could quite possibly make MNK competitive given that they'd be performing WS with >D400 weapons. Their ftp isn't as impressive as other WS, but they'd at least be getting ~4 ftp stacked with a ton of WSD+. If it's as good as I think it might be, MNK would actually be in an okay spot for zerg fights given that Footwork is long enough to last for most fights, and for fights where it isn't, WC/super revit exist to be able to maintain it full time.

I'm not going to comment on its effectiveness, but the very brief test I did indicated that they did in fact apply the +damage to kick WS the way the update notes indicated.

That's promising. There may be some hope for MNKs yet, then.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-10-09 14:30:57  
Ehhh...

You think I enjoy mnk being the terrible job it is?

I just wish SE didn't drop the ball

i know i could use mine for minuscule tasks... but why?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-09 14:36:40  
...Because it's fun? What's the point of playing the same jobs over and over again for content you've done over and over again? I've had more fun this week playing around with new stuff than I have in the last 6 months just because it's something new that no one really plays around with. It hasn't hindered my ability to clear anything either.

MNK really is not as terrible as it's being made out to be. It's certainly not top of the chain but maxed out 2 handers only being ahead by ~40% marginally is not what I was expecting. With the doom and gloom in this thread, I was expecting to be beat out by 75-100% marginally.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-09 14:42:19  
The trend in this thread is to argue with some posters no matter what they say.

If I say MNK can cap Acc/Attk/Haste against high ilvl content, I'm countered with Nuh-uh, followed by either: A) you'd be giving up unnecessary defensive buffs, B) CP cannot occur without Geo-Malaise or C) the buffs you are suggesting are improper/inaccessible! or D) ...No duh, brah, that's obvious. Let's still argue!

When I state I'll be providing a parse to contradict the BS coming from Austar's sim, I'm greeted by: Anything you target to prove your points won't be significant!
I'll show that even without food and giving up one buff to Malaise, I'll be able to cap everything on ilvl 130 content with a 6-man party. From there, said food and said unused buff slot could be used to meet any of the varying requirements across content in this game, reaching as high as an ilvl 145 zerg.

With so many jobs available, it is the weakest DPS-link. Sure, the option to select it in your Mog House works. Putting gear on it won't cause POL to crash. But it might make your party members /shutdown.
Is it wrong most won't give MNK a chance? Subjective. Some will because, whether they perform equally or not, they believe every job deserves a seat at the table. Others know that any deficit MNK makes, they could make up for with their superiorly performing party members and won't care if a MNK is present. But for those that don't have that wiggle room, aren't confident that they have that wiggle room or believe a job that wants a seat at the table should be expected to fill that seat as well as a competing job, they aren't wrong to prefer a different set-up.

Feels can and will separate us. Math shouldn't. The debate about basic mechanics in this game is why I keep revisiting these topics because, regardless of what you think of me or my mental capabilities, I see no value in suffering fools.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-09 14:48:19  
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
If I say MNK can cap Acc/Attk/Haste against high ilvl content, I'm countered with Nuh-uh, followed by either: A) you'd be giving up unnecessary defensive buffs, B) CP cannot occur without Geo-Malaise or C) the buffs you are suggesting are improper/inaccessible! or D) ...No duh, brah, that's obvious. Let's still argue!
you literally have no idea what you're talking about and are typing just to type

-Austar's sim was over 2 months ago, at the end of july, and you're still ranting about it

-We know mnk can cap everything against high level targets already, ramzus and i have both killed highest tier content with it and observed this

-The most practical way to cap magic evasion on something like albumen or teles on MNK is to use kendatsuba gear.. bolster attune/vex and a mixed set is not sufficient and anything past that costs SIGNIFICANTLY more than swapping to kendatsuba would

You're the only fool we're suffering right now. What point are you even trying to make? Please, summarize your argument in a sentence or two, because you're just vomiting random information in so many directions it can't be discerned.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-09 14:52:50  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
RUNs using a bot/lua to ws as soon as they have TP don't get distracted. Lionheart's TP bonus beats every advantage WAR has though, provided you're WSing at 1000 on both and capped attack on both. Both jobs will also have so much multiattack that very few WS are exactly 1000, even if not allowing an extra round in.

30k average in real conditions sounds perfectly fine to me.

*Cough* Warcry *Cough*

They end up in about the same situation, though WAR caps attack easier and does more melee damage (JSE cape is real). When I ran the numbers WAR ended up with faster WS's due to a combination of Store TP and Multi-Attack. In practice once a WAR gets hate retaliation starts giving them a ton of bonus TP since it can proc during the 2s mandatory pause after a WS. So far the best build I've come up with (without DM augments) is Monte +1 sitting at 3% QA, 11% TA, 94% DA. The average attack per round is something like 2.11 and DA's get +20% damage for the attack round (both hits). Of course Monte is a bit low on accuracy vs Rag or even Zulfiqar, so it's all buff dependent.

Anguta on DRK can hit 28~32K average CR's depending on situation, Torc can also hit those numbers but ends up in a bad Store TP situation due to low delay + one hit WS. Stardiver is just boss on both DRG and WAR (situational), was hitting Telos for big numbers with it. Lots of WS's can be pumped up to big numbers, then we get to H2H and it's depressing.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-09 14:55:50  
Warcry is 700 tp bonus with 24% uptime. Lionheart is 500 TP bonus with 100% uptime. RUN should have a higher average WS while WAR has a higher total damage. As far as the argument is concerned, it shouldn't really matter. Your estimate on resolution damage is perfectly reasonable.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-10-09 15:02:08  
The current developers have no clue what they are doing so I don't expect them to "fix" MNK again anytime soon. I would have liked to see something like this though:

-Change boost to work something like sublimation. instead of working off of mp to store the effect it uses weapon skills. Boost lasts for 2 min and has a 2 min recast.
0 ws stored= Attack+ 12.5%, ws damage+5%, sc damage +5%
1 ws stored= Attack+15%, ws damage+10%, sc damage +10%
2 ws stored= Attack+17%, ws damage+15%, sc damage +15%
3 ws stored= Attack+20%, ws damage+20%, sc damage +20%
4 ws stored= Attack+22%, ws damage+25%, sc damage +25%
5 ws stored= Attack+25%, ws damage+30%, sc damage +30%
/mnk only receives the attack bonus
This would help with Monk's mediocre damage output which should be much higher for a job that focuses entirely on damage. It would remove the need to constantly apply boost like before the update, and also remove whatever the hell they tried to do after the update.

-Change Focus and Dodge:
Focus increases accuracy and reduces enmity gain. Recast 2 min, duration 2 min.
Dodge increases evasion and increases enmity gain. Recast 2 min, duration 2 min.
Focus and Dodge now overwrite each other.

-Remove the miss penalty from Impetus. Change the recast to 3 mins, and duration to 5 mins like fan/saber dance.
+20% crit rate and +20% crit hit damage that slowly decays to +10% over time.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-09 15:05:55  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
*snip*

Precisley this is why I keep posting. Those incorrect sim results might be two months old, but some are still holding them as valid. So my rebuttals will continue.
The math is in the thread... The stats of the competing gear sets, the DEF and EVA stats of Alex Crabs (known for the purpose of testing DPS)... BoG Geo-Fraility, BRD songs, Distract III, Dia III... Buffs unused: Indi-Whatever, COR buffs and food. It's cool, I'll make a party, parse and share the results from within the game as soon as I can be bothered.

As far as the rest, please read this nice and slow so it has a chance to sink in:
I could eat a steak with a spoon and a butter knife.
That doesn't mean I should.
Sure, all utsensils are available to me at the table.
Sure, all utsensils could be used to complete the task at hand.
It would be a little bit more difficult and probably take more time.
But I could do it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-09 15:08:10  
Still waiting for you to state your point.

The argument 2 months ago boiled down to you concluding:

'Mixed set beats full kendatsuba+1 in DPS. The difference is minor, definitely less than 5%. You don't need the magic evasion or accuracy on kendatsuba, so it's still better.'

If that's all this is about, leave it. We don't need to go over it again. Some people agree with you, some feel the accuracy/magic evasion is more useful. If you have a new point, clearly state it so we know what we're arguing about.

And no, you can't use apex mob's stats to further an argument about real content. We don't know the full stats of HELMs and blindly guessing that certain buff slots negate the stat differences is silly.
[+]
 Asura.Umopepisdn
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2017-10-09 15:11:24  
Also, while I agree MNK isn't "that" bad, those arguing that point and not providing the context of you having BILLIONs of gil worth of gear to get it there is a bit unfair.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 15:11:40  
You guys all need to relax. There's no need to use racial slurs in job guide discussions.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-09 15:12:12  
As a side note, ingame parses in general mean very little because you have next to no control over the conditions unless you use an excessive amount of automation to smooth out performance.

That said, if you do want to use parses as any sort of evidence, you need to actually do them on the content you're arguing about.

Anna Ruthven said: »
You guys all need to relax. There's no need to use racial slurs in job guide discussions.
There were no racial slurs used, the only word in my deleted post was "retard" which had been said at least a half dozen times prior, including by the person I quoted. Beginning to think moderation here is extremely biased.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-09 15:13:30  
The trend in this thread is to argue with some posters no matter what they say.

...so we know what we're arguing about.

If you don't know what is being discussed, why are you arguing?

To your edit: We don't know the full stats of HELMs, which is why using Apex is useful. But we do know some, such as Accuracy requirements. To the point of Kendatsuba (HQ) vs. a mixed set, the primary offensive benefit of Kendatsuba is the higher accuracy. If we can cap without it, that no longer needs to be a consideration. For other targets with varying magic accuracy and status effects, buff and/or gear to overcome, but, again, 5/5 Kendatsuba shouldn't be the assumed default. Start from a max DPS build and work up as necessary from there.
By Blazed1979 2017-10-09 15:14:39  
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
...Because it's fun?
lol ***.
The job is more fun now then it was before?
I have a fun job for you, it will have you hooked to FFXI for the next 20 years; It's called AFK. Your character doesn't stand there idle for 10 seconds when it uses boost, it doesn't do ***, ever! Some mind bending game mechanics that will have YOU hooked!
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 15:15:47  
I wasn't talking to you, CBro. Yours were erased in clean up of the current page.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-09 15:16:31  
I guess I'm not understanding what a 'clean up' is then, because I am certain that post was well within the community rules and it's not the first time that has been done to my posts recently.

If you don't know what is being discussed, why are you arguing?

To your edit: We don't know the full stats of HELMs, which is why using Apex is useful. But we do know some, such as Accuracy requirements. To the point of Kendatsuba (HQ) vs. a mixed set, the primary offensive benefit of Kendatsuba is the higher accuracy. If we can cap without it, that no longer needs to be a consideration. For other targets with varying magic accuracy and status effects, buff and/or gear to overcome, but, again, 5/5 Kendatsuba shouldn't be the assumed default. Start from a max DPS build and work up as necessary from there.

Quote:
The argument 2 months ago boiled down to you concluding:

'Mixed set beats full kendatsuba+1 in DPS. The difference is minor, definitely less than 5%. You don't need the magic evasion or accuracy on kendatsuba, so it's still better.'

If that's all this is about, leave it. We don't need to go over it again. Some people agree with you, some feel the accuracy/magic evasion is more useful. If you have a new point, clearly state it so we know what we're arguing about.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-10-09 15:18:11  
Beginning to think moderation here is extremely biased.

*** obviously.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 15:18:46  
Well, at the time I thought the back and forth was done but it just kept going.

I'm not sure why there are random fights in guides here lately.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-09 15:19:13  
something about autistics being unable to drop ancient arguments

that, or not enough monsters to fight so we need to get it out on forums
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-09 15:22:14  
The only missing piece for me really is the answer to the question that really still remains from when that bogus sim result was shared: How much of a DPS improvement is the mixed set vs. Kendatsuba? Because of the biased set-up, we never got a real number. I'm not disputing that it may be less than 5%. Or less than 2%. But in all the ridiculous defense of that sim result, no honest result was ever provided. Instead, I've been trying to prove the obvious premise that the mixed set could just as easy cap Accuracy, Attack and Haste on the selected target.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 15:22:43  
Probably. It's not easy to keep up with because guides move somewhat fast when active, then you have arguments pop up, sometimes you have bad posts with good info and good posts with bad info. Moderation in guides gets kinda clusterfucked in that area.
First Page 2 3 ... 179 180 181 ... 363 364 365