First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Azagarth
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-28 19:21:50  
so in 100 JP this will be my VS build

ItemSet 351557

Right now I am using the 5 crit body for helms, and mummu legs. Back is wsd (though I need to make a crit one). I am finding that with this set my VS are just to lousy. I find that using crit dmg gear is kinda pointless, because you end up losing to much crit rate/ and a ton of acc, so my avgs had gone down using adhemar/adoba (50~ acc loss too). Even with this set which is fairly high acc, im literally at 1100, which with sushi is just making it for apex. Mnk is just so low in acc its really hard to gear it. I could toss like +80 str more into the set, but then id have low crit rate and less than 1k acc... which just is not workable.... I am kinda lost haha.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-05-28 19:45:38  
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Yes... But no one uses Asuran Fists, so no one is flipping.

Taru's do.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-28 20:48:51  
I have never fought Apex, but my experience so far has been that there are basically two kinds of content:
* Acc doesn't matter content (everything short of the final Omen boss, everything up through T1 Escha)
* Acc really matters content (HELM, Omen bosses, probably Job Master BCs)

Monk can wear good gear and do fine when Acc doesn't matter even if they don't particularly pay attention to their hit rate. Just eat sushi and punch.

In situations where Acc does matter, some jobs (like DNC or BLU) can get away without Acc buffs/debuffs if they use really extreme builds. However, it's better if they don't have to. Thus, the solution for all jobs (including MNK) is just to bring a Bard with Honor March and Madrigals.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-05-30 03:54:09  
Quote:
Weapon Skill ・Adjustment to rate of additional effect

Back to the tomb boys ! We had a fun few days of hope and hype !
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-05-30 05:03:19  
SE's head is sooooo faaaar up its own a...
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-05-30 06:53:16  
It is fun to dream.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-30 07:15:18  
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:
Weapon Skill ・Adjustment to rate of additional effect

Back to the tomb boys ! We had a fun few days of hope and hype !
In before they nerf Leg Sweep's innate magic accuracy lol
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-30 07:49:26  
Sadly I was expecting this. My monk someday will rise again...just who knows when.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-05-30 08:51:17  
Quote:
someday

Better mummify yourself to see that day.

Guide:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokushinbutsu
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-30 08:54:54  
Blazed1979 said: »
SE's head is sooooo faaaar up its own a...

They need to fix this ***already. It's not that hard of a fix, stupid simply and staring them in the face.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-06-06 09:40:24  
I been looking into what type of mantle to make from ambuscade, any suggestions ?

Victory Smite:
  • STR+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 Crit hit rate +10%

or
  • STR+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 Double Attack +10%

TP:
  • ()+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 Double attack+10%

or
  • ()+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 Store TP+10

also do I put DEX or keep it as STR ?

also here is my 2 sets for VS:

ItemSet 351757

ItemSet 351758

• Adhemar Head: (A)

• Ryuo Hands : (A)/(D)

• Rao Legs: (B)

• Ryuo Feet: (D)

I do not have Moonbow Belt.

Other armor i have:
  • Prosilio Belt +1

• Winbuffet Belt +1

• Adhemar Body: (A)

• Adhemar Hands: (A)

• Rao Head: (C)

• Rao Hands: (C)

• Rao Feet: (C)

• Ryuo Head: (A)

• Ryuo Legs: (D)

Among others, if somebody would please give me a hand knowing which armor to use for Optimal Victory Smite DMG be great :)

**I Do Not have Access to Omen Armor yet as I don't have the bosses clear**
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-06 09:57:47  
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
I been looking into what type of mantle to make from ambuscade, any suggestions ?
I had so many capes to get I had to draw a line somewhere and accept some compromise on some jobs.
MNK is one of those, I got a one-for-all cape, went with the STR+30, acc/att+20, DA+10 one.

Purely for Vsmite going for Crit+10 will outperform DA+10 in almost all situations.

TP wise putting DEX+30 (or dex+20 acc+10) will likely prove better. If you put DEX+30 in it you can also re-use the cape for other WSs like Shijin Spiral.

STP vs DA+10 on a TP cape I dunno, I guess it depends on your gear, your buffs etc?
While STP might be better under some specific situation, I think DA+10 is a safer all-around choice for that.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-06-06 11:36:00  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
I had so many capes to get I had to draw a line somewhere and accept some compromise on some jobs.
MNK is one of those, I got a one-for-all cape, went with the STR+30, acc/att+20, DA+10 one.

Purely for Vsmite going for Crit+10 will outperform DA+10 in almost all situations.

TP wise putting DEX+30 (or dex+20 acc+10) will likely prove better. If you put DEX+30 in it you can also re-use the cape for other WSs like Shijin Spiral.

STP vs DA+10 on a TP cape I dunno, I guess it depends on your gear, your buffs etc?
While STP might be better under some specific situation, I think DA+10 is a safer all-around choice for that.
cool, thanks, so my sets are ok ? and which one of them is better ?
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-06-06 18:16:58  
Two pages back, Byrth posted that STR, Acc/Attk, WSD is the go-to cape for even Victory Smite.

So, if making two capes, it is probably best to go:
DEX, Acc/Attk, DA primarily for TP, but also SS.
STR, Acc/Attk, WSD for everything else.

Like Sechs, I'm currently rocking one cape--a middle of the road STR, Acc/Attk, DA. I expect to get excess gallantry next month, so I'll probably buy a needle when I get my second MNK cape.
 Siren.Robthunder
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Robthunder 2017-06-06 21:16:20  
I saw that too but I can't get it to win with any combination of gear and buffs on spreadsheet, unless it's specifically a Godhands item or something. For me, the crit+ cape wins by a lot and my Smite wipes the floor with every other one of my WSes so I'm using that until I get different gear that makes the wsd one better. Then I'll just change it with a needle.

My two capes are
dex+20 acc+30 atk+20 da+10% and
str+30 acc+20 atk+20 crit+10%

They are the best for the gear I have and the buffs I typically get when I do stuff.
[+]
By Yandaime 2017-06-06 23:30:18  
Siren.Robthunder said: »
I saw that too but I can't get it to win with any combination of gear and buffs on spreadsheet, unless it's specifically a Godhands item or something. For me, the crit+ cape wins by a lot and my Smite wipes the floor with every other one of my WSes so I'm using that until I get different gear that makes the wsd one better. Then I'll just change it with a needle.

My two capes are

They are the best for the gear I have and the buffs I typically get when I do stuff.

The situation where WSD might pull ahead would probably be high-acc Impetus. The reason would be that your collective Crit Rate approaches 100% with Impetus up along with Smite's crit rate from TO. I haven't double-checked yet with spreadsheet yet but I imagine in that situation, Crit rate cape might be less valuable
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-07 01:11:56  
When I last tested it, WSD cape was winning in very high buff situations, the better your buffs, the better WSD performs until after a certain threshold it outperforms the Crit+10 which is the next best thing iir.

DA+10 could become a very nice option if SE will ever patch Vsmite to allow FTP to transfer across hits btw. I think at least?
By Blazed1979 2017-06-08 15:01:52  
Maybe if we coordinated a yell strike in town, across all servers, for an hour saying nothing but "FIX MNK" we will get SE's attention.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-08 15:04:29  
Blazed1979 said: »
Maybe if we coordinated a yell strike in town, across all servers, for an hour saying nothing but "FIX MNK" we will get SE's attention.

LOL they would just ban all those who spam it but I do like the Idea
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-06-08 15:18:41  
Siren.Robthunder said: »

My two capes are

This is my experience too. I can't speak for everyone, maybe you're always running around on MNK with super buffs. But for me, the STR/Crit cape is more practical for almost all situations where I actually play MNK, and the two capes Robthunder mentions should probably be the priorities for the vast majority of MNKs.

If you're looking to optimize for heavily buffed situations, look into WSD as a third cape (but even then, STR/crit is still going to be good).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-06-08 20:40:15  
For me with Godhands, Howling Fist is the pretty clear winner in less crazy buff situations.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-09 01:42:41  
Depends how low on buffs you are, but that's kinda my experience as well.
The lower the amount of buffs you have, the better HF seems to perform compared to other WSs.
(it still sucks though compared to other jobs, but we already knew that, rite? XD)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-06-09 03:23:17  
I'm sure you're both right, though you're both using Godhands and the majority of MNKs aren't. That kind of changes the game for WS selection. Perhaps my HF set and testing need work, but AFAIK last time I really looked at it as a non-Godhands MNK (FWIW, I use Comeuppances+1, so one of the top non-RMEA options), I still had a hard time making HF beat VS in normal scenarios.

I mean, yeah, RMEA or GTFO for a DD job and all... but people with Godhands are still a definite minority. And especially the case for MNK, since dedicating an RMEA to MNK at this point is perhaps not the best time/gil investment for most people. Obvious exception if you're running with a shell that can crank out Aeonics with relative ease.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-09 03:48:23  
Just to be more specific, I was talking about actual parse experience btw, not Spreadsheet testing.
Think I talked about it a few pages ago.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-06-09 04:51:58  
Me too. The downside is that its skill chain properties are crap.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-06-13 21:23:10  
I'm basically two pieces of gear from being satisfied with my monk and still haven't made a shijin spiral set. Does anyone have an up-to-date set?

The one in the OP kinda works out but misses a few things (like Regal Ring over Ilabrat), but it's pretty good.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-06-13 21:48:38  
I think my set is fine except for that ring change. I don't see what else I'd swap.

edit:

jk I lied, couple of kendatsuba pieces were better. I left Adhemar Wristbands +1 in cause it has a lot more STR but the tekko might be better? Seems kind of like a waste since the tekko are useless for everything else
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-06-16 12:01:59  
I forgot to add Kendatsuba gear to the spreadsheet last month. Turns out it doesn't really matter.

Kendatsuba +1 gear (head/hands/legs/feet) is pretty good for Shijin Spiral at the attack cap because of all the DEX and TA, but it doesn't make it a good WS.

The body +1 is possibly our best attack cap TP body (an incredibly marginal improvement over Adhemar +1).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlaon0w4kosczn2/DPS%20Calculator%20-%20Mnk%20April2017.xlsx?dl=0

Other observations:
* MNK "white damage" is so high that DPS for a Raging Fists spamming build (with Godhands and Moonshade) is basically flat between 1000 and 2000 TP

* Howling Fist is better than Raging Fists if you're not attack capped, and spamming builds experience only a slight decline between 1000 and 2000 TP

* The spreadsheet indicates that a really good Victory Smite build should beat Howling Fist on average even when pretty substantially attack uncapped, however, only at 1000 TP. DPS drops by 1/6 if you're holding up to 2000 TP. On trash monsters, you also lose most of the damage if you overkill them.

Behaviorally, this means that you should probably melee a trash Omen monster to death and then use Howling Fist on the next one for optimal DPS. Against bosses, probably spam Victory Smite unless you're at the attack cap and can't skillchain, in which case you should be using Raging Fists at 1000-1700 TP.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-16 12:31:13  
Was going to say, both RF and HF have a severe issue in WSC scaling which makes them hard to exploit. If HF was 60% STR/VIT then we'd be talking something good but 50% VIT 20% STR limits you, the Attack Boost makes it nice for when your soloing stuff with trusts. VS ends up being the strongest in situations where DPS actually matters (for anyone that would actually take a MNK to those situations). 80% STR makes it easy to exploit STR stacking but there is very little TP growth for damage so TP stacking won't do ***.
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 363 364 365