2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 363 364 365
By Yandaime 2017-01-10 12:31:42  
Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
i went back 4-5 pages and was unable to see it here. I was told it wasnt posted that long ago but was unable to find it.

I am told GS can change your gear on the fly for better accuracy gear should you need it when fighting mobs with higher evasion.

1) is this recommended over the manual toggle, and
2) if its accepted as good practice, does anyone have the script for it?

Finally as a returning MNK (yeah i know mnk is not in a great place now but i really like the job and enjoy playing it), what weapon is advised? I currently have a Tip with accuracy and dex path.

thanks!
i went back 4-5 pages and was unable to see it here. I was told it wasnt posted that long ago but was unable to find it.

I am told GS can change your gear on the fly for better accuracy gear should you need it when fighting mobs with higher evasion.

Finally as a returning MNK (yeah i know mnk is not in a great place now but i really like the job and enjoy playing it), what weapon is advised? I currently have a Tip with accuracy and dex path.

thanks!

Are you talking about the GS doing it automatically? Or the use of GS itself?

For the Former: it can be done I'm sure. Some of the lua-savvy members here probably already have a script that checks your accuracyand automatically switches gear for the situation. **looks at Conagh** the question is how well/efficiently it switches. If it scales up fast, no problem. But if you get a buff or something drops the target's evasion and it takes too long to scale back down, you lose DPS.

If tweaked properly, it'll probably be the best option for adjusting Acc since it'd bypass human reflexes/error
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-01-10 12:33:12  
Never thought I see the day monk get some love in a update,
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-01-10 13:20:29  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Tornado Kick looks like it would be better generally but I haven't progressed deep enough into sets for it to really form a solid opinion. It's 40% STR/VIT instead of HF's 50% DEX / 20% STR but has a second hit with similar fTP growth. Same 50% attack bonus.

Tornado Kick does seem to me to potentially beat HF, but it's not by much. Both of them end up performing pretty similarly at high TP, under same buffs.

It's kind of a toss up to me, though HF could arguably be better in the situations you'd want to use it for anyway (high TP, potential acc concerns ruling out RF), due to the DEX mod and single hit (and first hit WS acc bonus) meaning less likelihood of missing. TK would be more negatively impacted by occasionally missing the second hit, and the two WS are otherwise close enough that might be enough over time to give the edge to HF.

Honestly though, I'm still not particularly convinced that the majority of situations really warrant holding TP over just WSing more often with Smite at lower TP. I see this more as a decision for when you have no choice but to hold TP and have lots of TP overflow, or a first WS at 3000tp (aside from RME, which would prefer getting AM up anyway).
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-10 14:55:23  
Guide's updated (with the exception of yesterday's update.) Stuff might be wrong but for the most part it's probably accurate. Let me know if you see any glaring errors.
[+]
By hobo 2017-01-10 15:11:58  
Umm monk cant use yamarang, thats the biggest error I see immediately
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-10 15:15:49  
mother ***
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-10 15:21:01  
k fixed, ty
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-01-10 15:52:15  
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Guide's updated (with the exception of yesterday's update.) Stuff might be wrong but for the most part it's probably accurate. Let me know if you see any glaring errors.

Thanks Ramzus! All looks pretty reasonable to me. Pretty cool than MNK is one of the most up to date forum guides :)

The only glaring omission is that the guide doesn't show Moonbow Belt/+1. But I'm guessing that's intentional since they aren't shown yet in FFXIAH anyway, so just a matter of time. Worth my mentioning here just how good the belt is though, both NQ and HQ, and for both TP and WS.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-11 00:35:06  
So is Hizamaru generally considered better for MNK than mummy for MNK?

In comparison I have relic body and hand 119 and qaaxo harness fully upgraded also.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-11 02:40:51  
Yandaime said: »
i went back 4-5 pages and was unable to see it here. I was told it wasn't posted that long ago but was unable to find it.

thanks!

Are you talking about the GS doing it automatically? Or the use of GS itself?

For the Former: it can be done I'm sure. Some of the lua-savvy members here probably already have a script that checks your accuracy and automatically switches gear for the situation. **looks at Conagh** the question is how well/efficiently it switches. If it scales up fast, no problem. But if you get a buff or something drops the target's evasion and it takes too long to scale back down, you lose DPS.

If tweaked properly, it'll probably be the best option for adjusting ACC since it'd bypass human reflexes/error

Aye, i was talking about it doing it automatically, however, I've now figured out the command to switch without bind. Think it's safer if i just manually switch personally.

Is there a plugin that shows hit rate?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-01-11 05:51:54  

You forgot to bump the set dates, so it still looks like everything is outdated to the casual observer.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-11 10:27:41  
I haven't touched the actual text in the guide in forever, just the sets. I'll get to eventually it's just a really large undertaking. I can update the set dates at the very least but the rest of the text is going to have to wait.

In comparison I have relic body and hand 119 and qaaxo harness fully upgraded also.

Hizamaru legs are the only relevant piece, if you have no gear for MNK then Mummu will be better. They're quickly replaced by augmented Herculean and Abjuration gear though
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-11 10:51:21  
I haven't touched the actual text in the guide in forever, just the sets. I'll get to eventually it's just a really large undertaking. I can update the set dates at the very least but the rest of the text is going to have to wait.

Hizamaru legs are the only relevant piece, if you have no gear for MNK then Mummu will be better. They're quickly replaced by augmented Herculean and Abjuration gear though

Thanks for the info. Yeah im very new and have no group for Intense yet and i dont want to be a burden on the others. i'd like to have something that works and will allow me to hold my own, (at the very least) before joining groups. Ill work on that gear. Thanks a lot for responding :)
By Yandaime 2017-01-11 17:21:07  
I don't think there's a plug in that checks accuracy other than scoreboard. But a plug in that does nothing but keep a basic accuracy check while holding no more than like 30 samples would be quite lovely

Like distance but for "right now" accuracy
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2017-01-11 17:49:38  
Parse does a pretty amazing job
By Yandaime 2017-01-11 19:43:50  
Asura.Leonlionheart said: »

Scoreboard definitely does, but it requires some fiddling with and is mostly designed for Accuracy checks in between whole battles. What I'm talking about is something that would track and display an Active Accuracy without needing to call for it like with Scoreboard.

Scoreboard/KParser(if you can keep up with the Memlocks) work wonderfully, just would be nice to see something more.. Active

Edit:
I am probably the only person that would like to see something like this, mind you. I'm sure everyone is perfectly happy using Scoreboard/KParser
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-11 19:45:48  
"Parse" the addon is like scoreboard but better by default the main window shows acc as your going. There a defiantly ways to just make an accuracy addon or build one into your gs file though. I defiantly liek on parse I can see everyones acc all at once.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-12 03:34:34  
Yandaime said: »
Asura.Leonlionheart said: »

Scoreboard definitely does, but it requires some fiddling with and is mostly designed for Accuracy checks in between whole battles. What I'm talking about is something that would track and display an Active Accuracy without needing to call for it like with Scoreboard.

Scoreboard/KParser(if you can keep up with the Memlocks) work wonderfully, just would be nice to see something more.. Active

Edit:
I am probably the only person that would like to see something like this, mind you. I'm sure everyone is perfectly happy using Scoreboard/KParser

Your not alone buddy that is for sure!

Ill look into parse and see what its like. Thanks!
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-12 03:35:36  
Well, looks like Hizamaru is the only set available via vouchers so i went with that now grouping up trying to build gallantry points. Hoping to get some +1 before the event is over :)
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-16 03:56:17  
Hi guys, so currently i have the voucher gear. I doubt ill be able to get the +1 vouchers. 1, i simply cant get in a group cause my NQ voucher gear isnt good enough for the V.Difficult content, (mainly an ACC issue. 1150 ACC isnt enough it seems) and though my WS on MNK fluctuate greatly on the slime i guess my current gear simply is not outputting enough damage (again gear related)

So would replacing voucher gear with Mumu gear for head hands body and feet be advisable?

Additionally is there a path of progression i should follow? Im struggling with content and its a little depressing. I wanna put the time in but without direction its very hard...

Any advice be helpful and please no play another job. I like MNK so please stay on point. Thanks!
 Asura.Akamatzu
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2017-01-16 22:58:56  
Are there any Final Heaven WS setups out there?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-17 02:08:38  
Other than, uh, SC properties maybe, why should anybody use Final Heaven to begin with?
The Aftermath is kinda meh anyway. You mean just for fun?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-01-17 03:13:46  
I suspect you're right that the AM isn't going to make up for the weaker WS.

That being said, if for some reason you did want to maximize a Final Heaven set... As a single hit, 80% VIT, non-crit, irrelevant TP mod WS, your priorities will roughly be WSD > large chunks of VIT > multiattack > everything else.

I may be missing some things and I don't claim this to be perfect, but a high end current set should be something like the below.

ItemSet 349035
Herc augs: WSD 4~5%, hope for a decent attribute (VIT > STR > DEX), whatever acc/atk you can get. TA is still gonna be pretty good if you don't have WSD herc.
Cape augs: ideally, WSD+10/VIT+30/Acc&Atk+20, but a cape augmented for STR and other stuff would still beat non-Ambuscade options.

Alternatives/downgrades for the harder to get stuff:

Ammo: Tantra Tathlum
Earring: Ishvara
Hands: Anchorite+3 > Anchorite +2 and WSD Herc
Rings: Niq > Epona > Titan+1 > Spiral > Titan > Petrov
Back: Anchoret
Waist: Caudata > Grunfeld > Windbuffet +1 (though all 3 should be pretty close)
Feet: Ryuo
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-17 09:39:24  
Probably worth using Fotia Gorget over Tjukurrpa Medal in most situations. Sidegradish damage, but you get the chance at retaining TP towards another, better WS.
[+]
 Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2017-01-17 10:42:23  
Asura.Sechs said: »
You mean just for fun?

That is my reason. I like Monk and I play it because I enjoy it. I'm not worried about being the best or playing what's "in" atm.

Want to setup FH for whenever I want to use the weapon skill. I just AG the weapon yesterday.
[+]
 Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2017-01-17 10:44:22  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I suspect you're right that the AM isn't going to make up for the weaker WS.

That being said, if for some reason you did want to maximize a Final Heaven set... As a single hit, 80% VIT, non-crit, irrelevant TP mod WS, your priorities will roughly be WSD > large chunks of VIT > multiattack > everything else.

I may be missing some things and I don't claim this to be perfect, but a high end current set should be something like the below.

ItemSet 349035
Herc augs: WSD 4~5%, hope for a decent attribute (VIT > STR > DEX), whatever acc/atk you can get. TA is still gonna be pretty good if you don't have WSD herc.
Cape augs: ideally, WSD+10/VIT+30/Acc&Atk+20, but a cape augmented for STR and other stuff would still beat non-Ambuscade options.

Alternatives/downgrades for the harder to get stuff:

Ammo: Tantra Tathlum
Earring: Ishvara
Hands: Anchorite+3 > Anchorite +2 and WSD Herc
Rings: Niq > Epona > Titan+1 > Spiral > Titan > Petrov
Back: Anchoret
Waist: Caudata > Grunfeld > Windbuffet +1 (though all 3 should be pretty close)
Feet: Ryuo

Thank you for the reply. I'll take this and learn from it. Thanks :)
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-17 11:13:34  
I more or less agree with that set, but a WSD herc jacket would be better than Adhemar Jacket imo. The rest looks about right
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-01-17 14:09:57  
I actually did look at Herc Vest, and while it can be better I was seeing it needing VERY good augments to beat even NQ Adhemar. We're talking full WSD+5%/VIT+15 to get to sidegrade territory, plus whatever acc/atk you get (if not capped on those).

Good call from Nightfyre on the gorget, I like the reasoning and agree that they're basically sidegrades as far as WS damage alone.

As for use cases for FH, main reason could be to give occasionally give TP generation a little bump from the KA+15 aftermath. You wouldn't want to use it full time or anything, but the extra additional kicks might be the difference between hitting a self SC (say, Smite->Smite light) and not. So that's not a totally useless idea, say, start at 3000tp and enjoy the 3min aftermath.

Asura.Akamatzu said: »
Want to setup FH for whenever I want to use the weapon skill. I just AG the weapon yesterday.

Congratulations!
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-17 14:19:24  
That is actually quite surprising, under what buff conditions? Was it capped ATK? I could see why Adhemar would win if you weren't. Cause under the same logic, Adhemar Bonnet would beat out the helm due to TA/high attack
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-01-17 15:54:32  
Yep, you're right Ramzus. Was uncapped attack assuming ~130 Apex mobs target. Added some more buffs to cap attack (Chaos Roll in addition to NQ GEO buffs) and played some more, and Herc did win in that scenario. Both with ideal WSD+5/VIT, and even with some non-WSD augs that you might typically see on a MNK Herculean body (say, TA3~4% and a moderate amount of other good DD stats from stuff like STR/DEX/Acc/Atk)

Adhemar NQ (or obviously HQ) still holds up pretty well as an good alternative if you don't have a decent Herc Vest, or for uncapped attack situations (say, higher end content with just a non-Idris GEO or less and not a ton of other relevant buffs/debuffs).
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 363 364 365