Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-19 15:41:31  
I'm not gonna tell people Sandung is a waste, especially if all they wanna use their THF for is farming stuff, but the price of a claw and the other materials seems a bit much for something that can/will be replaced by not only better weapons, but equal TH in other slots, some of which comes at no gil cost (but do require some luck). Of course, that kinda goes out the window when the price of 119 relic hands exceeds the price of a Sandung by a million or so.
 Asura.Fiv
サーバ: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-19 15:47:34  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Psh! True strike says hi to your eminent h2h
Well this guide forum says that bare fist is better then sandung, is there any club that beats both? Totally interested if so, i thought i was ahead of the curve with eminent h2h.
[+]
By lhova 2014-12-19 17:03:41  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
This is what I have for right now, until the spreadsheets are updated by monten.

SA/TA sets are still the same, Moepapa neck is basically identical and is slightly better for TA. Dex mod all the way. Cavaros has a SLIIIIGHT advantage. Inventory-1 if you want it, more power to you. And I do not condone the idiocy of buying a Yetshila+1.
ItemSet 325152

Unstacked, Mani legs, Jukik feather, I hadn't put a TON of thought into the best possible body/hands/head but keep in mind, that the best will only be maybe 10 damage better than Pillager.

Valli how marginally better is Artful +1 over Chiners +1? On my server they are approx the same price and I currently have Chiners +1. The TA +2 and the TA + Dam seems really sexy to me over Artful +1.
 Fenrir.Magi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2014-12-19 17:35:48  
Well, I have 4/5 into Assassin's Charge so it's already at a 15%+ chance of Quad attacking, so if you're trying to justify it's use for that purpose, at least 15% of the time it wont be as good as Artful/artful +1. Also, Artful was easy to HQ for me, having 110 leather and all :D.
[+]
By Luthiene 2014-12-20 08:47:55  
Does anyone have an updated spreadsheet with the post Rudra update that they can send/link me to?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-20 10:26:24  
Luthiene said: »
Does anyone have an updated spreadsheet with the post Rudra update that they can send/link me to?

If you have the sheet, already, it takes about 30 seconds to update it yourself.

Monten seems to have fallen off the planet, so don't expect it to be updated unless he comes back around.

Go to the "other lists" tab, and modify the old FTP values to the new ones. You'll have to manually add all the new gear as well.

Unrelated:
LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL I wish I could post on the OF, there was a lovely jewel, check that forum out if you want a laugh.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-20 11:13:53  

If you have the sheet, already, it takes about 30 seconds to update it yourself.

Monten seems to have fallen off the planet, so don't expect it to be updated unless he comes back around.

Go to the "other lists" tab, and modify the old FTP values to the new ones. You'll have to manually add all the new gear as well.

Unrelated:
LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL I wish I could post on the OF, there was a lovely jewel, check that forum out if you want a laugh.
What am I looking at to be exact?
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-20 11:21:27  
Hes not the first and only person to imply you should use rudra at 1750 and that mercy stroke is stronger at 1000 or very close to 1000. Unless your specifically talking about evisceration? I have no idea about those numbers.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-20 11:30:20  
Everything he said was factual. Valli's just making an *** of himself, again
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-12-20 11:43:08  

Unrelated:

lovely jewel my ***, just a waste of time.

You should be ashamed of yourself to care about the normal kind of posts there (thats: asks for nerfs).
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-20 11:48:29  
Quite the contrary. It's kinda even more hilarious if you thought it was right. That makes it even more worthwhile. (assuming you even know what I meant) ((which you don't which is three-fold hilarity)).

I deleted what I was laughing about, cause I figured it was a little more than average rudeness for even me.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-20 11:57:29  
I don't think it was any more rude then usual.

However, still don't see the funny, your sense of humor is pretty terrible as well.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-20 11:59:39  
Spoilers: Dasva said that Evisceration can put out better numbers at 1000 TP(which is true), Rudra's is generally best used at 1750 TP(which is true), something about Mercy Stroke(which if I recall, was also true), and that an unstacked Mandalic Stab at 1000 TP can be beneficial under terrible conditions(which is true)
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-20 12:00:53  
But please, continue on with your joke within a joke within a joke that, admittedly, only you understand
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-20 12:28:19  
Usually when people "lol" they aren't actually laughing, but this is pretty close to what's going on when I'm saying "lol" right now.

I'm begging you, please, please, spam evisceration at 1000%, and please, record you doing it. I would love to get my entire days lols in one short video.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-20 12:58:10  
I lost track of how many post edits it took you to finally enlighten us as to what part of the statement was untrue or "hilarious".

Despite your opinion however, his post implies if your TP gain is so fast that you may be able to use an unstacked WS before SA/TA are up and you have 1750 tp again, assuming you dont gain TP that incredibly fast, you likely wouldn't have time to save 1750 tp, rudra, then get 1750 again before either JA is up, unless your using them together. However at 1000 unstacked it might be slightly more reasonable, but at that value evisceration or mercy stroke may win, seems reasonable to me based on the other information i read from early dagger ws testing, but it may also depend on multiple variables.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-20 13:34:57  
I still don't understand the joke

8.7 fTP, 50% WSC, ~13% crit rate

vs

~7.2 fTP, 80% WSC, 0% crit rate

Evisceration is going to end up doing more than Rudra's at 1000 sometimes. This isn't rocket surgery.

Why you'd be WSing at 1000 TP, I don't really know or care, but if you were, yeah
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-20 14:01:54  
During Colkhab solo's, I'll spam Evisceration at 1000% since Rudra's is not reliable at all when she has shadows up. Very disappointing to do a 3000% Rudra's and have it blinked.

For funsies, I went and solo'd the Delve Twitherym to see how well I could self-SC with Vajra and Atoyac. With /DNC Haste Samba and capped magic haste, our native 25% Dual Wield puts us over the attack speed cap (in fact, we'd get 1 extra TP/swing if we could drop to 24%, while still hitting the cap). Anyway, it was easy enough to make the SCs and kill the thing, though to make a continuous SC would be a bit tricky if you're getting pushed back/stunned/paralyzed etc. Of course, having a COR would make it very easy to do.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-20 15:41:37  
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Why you'd be WSing at 1000 TP, I don't really know or care, but if you were, yeah

This was the point, sorry it took so long to reply, I laughed so *** hard I needed a nap, seriously.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-20 16:05:05  
If your getting TP fast enough to use a WS at 1000 and then get TP just in time or around the time of SA/TA timer to become up again, why not supplement your damage rather then wait till 1750 TP and WS and then waste time with trick attack ready but you dont have 1750 TP yet? This would seem more true of situations where you can't sneak attack as well, because your melee hits are causing you to maintain hate faster then it can decay it, but your getting TP too quickly to simply wait on trick attack each time, depending on how fast the TP gain is, it could be beneficial to use it at 1000 and get 1750+ in time for trick attack again.

The argument could be had that simply saving to 3000 tp while waiting for trick attack would beat the damage of having used an unstacked weaponskill at 1000, but again, i don't know if 3000 SA or TA Rudra is stronger then a 1750 SA or TA rudra combined with a 1000 evisceration, and again, this depends on your rate of tp gain.
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-12-20 16:12:21  
think trying to argument with valli is rather pointless, seems like a rather ignorant and close minded person to me after reading some posts on here.

No amount of post-its, staples, and hammers can beat any sense into some people.

There is no cure for stupid. In the words of Valli:
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-20 16:17:07  
Asura.Backstab said: »
think trying to argument with valli is rather pointless, seems like a rather ignorantarrogant and close minded person to me after reading some posts on here.

No amount of post-its, staples, and hammers can beat any sense into some people.

There is no cure for stupid. In the words of Valli:
Adjusted for correctness.

The point is this, simply:
At 1000% TP EXACTLY Evis is better. As soon as you go to 1001% TP Rudra's is better.
Now, tell me, how many times in your entire life have you ever used tp at EXACTLY 100(0)%. I'm gonna venture NEVER. maybe through use of an Iwing.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-20 16:20:36  
Ignorant seems pretty on point, but both could apply or be cause of one another.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-20 16:22:11  
I feel bad for malizia. He/she did a great job building this guide, with lots of variables to help from abyssea burn thfs to high level thf in specific situation, and even considering cash situations.

Now all i see is an atempt to humiliate certain choices of gear (sandung), certains choices (evis, mercy, rudras) instead having a high level discussion provided with numbers and fact, instead, the discussion goes always to "cant fix stupid" vallis argument.

Sucks to be you valli, you will never beat in an argument with the newbest newb, just because anyone can go apeshit, thats not your only privilege.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-20 16:23:56  
The truth hurts. It doesn't take math to prove someone wrong, cause they don't listen even when you put it right in front of their face.

If you don't remind them that they're stupid they'll never understand why they're wrong.

I've got it in the spreadsheets right now, doesn't matter if I put it up the same retards will still argue about it, so I'm not gonna bother.

I'd rather be provided with lawls.

So, carry on~
By Eliseus 2014-12-20 16:33:30  
This guy is still here?
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-20 16:46:32  
The truth hurts. It doesn't take math to prove someone wrong, cause they don't listen even when you put it right in front of their face.

If you don't remind them that they're stupid they'll never understand why they're wrong.

I've got it in the spreadsheets right now, doesn't matter if I put it up the same retards will still argue about it, so I'm not gonna bother.

So, carry on~

It took you three posts to even acknowledge what you thought the error in the post was, then two more posts just to make an argument of any nature as to why you wouldn't use evisceration, god knows how many edits, there were a lot. After all that, i don't even want to guess how many posts it would take you to prove it considering all the situations and variables that may skew the results if there anywhere close between 1000 and 1100 tp. At least you gained amusement in your short comings through all of this, and i would have to say i finally laughed too, as soon as you said "cause they don't listen", more then half of your posts literally had no information, that truly is hilarious.
By Eliseus 2014-12-20 17:12:24  
Asura.Fiv said: »

So, carry on~

It took you three posts to even acknowledge what you thought the error in the post was, then two more posts just to make an argument of any nature as to why you wouldn't use evisceration, god knows how many edits, there were a lot. After all that, i don't even want to guess how many posts it would take you to prove it considering all the situations and variables that may skew the results if there anywhere close between 1000 and 1100 tp. At least you gained amusement in your short comings through all of this, and i would have to say i finally laughed too, as soon as you said "cause they don't listen", more then half of your posts literally had no information, that truly is hilarious.

He is to busy raging about how stupid everyone is to disagree with him that he can't come up with any coherent thoughts or arguments. The guy is obviously a neck-beard in his parents basement who just assumes people are suppose to bow down to him. He is not an elitest that he tries to portray. He is a douche and a troll. He can't even have a simple discussion without the thought that he might repeat himself making his head pop. What I know FFXI use to be I'm surprised mods on this forum even let him stick around. I guess the game has truly changed from what it use to be since we have obvious *** hanging around claiming themselves to be elitest.

I'm not arguing the info he says is wrong or right. I'm just finding it amusing that such a tool is a self-proclaimed elitest yet doesn't show any signs of one except that he feels he clears content better then every other thief and that every thief is now bandwagoning the job.
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 261 262 263