For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 138 139 140 ... 262 263 264
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-25 13:00:18  
Ulthakptah said: »
Asura.Diluted said: »
What is the hierarchy of daggers now? I have a 99 Mandau II but keep being told it sucks and taking it to its final form is a waste of time. I've came back to game a few weeks ago and I'm looking at a skinflayer or taming sari. Just wanted some opinions.
If you already have it after glowed might as well finish it off with the 301 ploutons, that's what? 3 million-ish, easy peasy for a thf. Then I say just use that until you make a mythic. Then make the empy for offhand.

I'm betting he means he has 119-1. And I think taking an afterglow 119 to final stage is 1 pluton, lol.

An Afterglow Mandau will be fine, especially starting out. Main issue is starting out accuracy is the biggest hurdle and Mandau doesn't offer any aside from some extra to itself.
By Ulthakptah 2016-05-25 14:04:56  
Well from the sound of things he is an old player returning and had an aftermath mandau before ilvl, so he needs to 119-II it which is 300 ploutons, then the 1 plouton to make it 119-III.
 Asura.Diluted
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2016-05-25 14:32:38  
Lady is correct, Got it messed up. Need 10k plutons to finish it.
By Ulthakptah 2016-05-25 14:45:26  
Then don't finish it, such a waste of money.
[+]
 Asura.Diluted
By Asura.Diluted 2016-05-31 14:59:37  
So I got a Skinflayer to replace my Mandau (/cry).

What sort of augments should I be going after? I got one With +18dmg 1STR, 14 accuracy and 2% WS damage, Stopped because I'm not sure about the +18DMG?
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-31 15:10:25  

Come on... Afterglow that Mandau, I know you wanna...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-31 15:12:53  

What sort of augments should I be going after? I got one With +18dmg 1STR, 14 accuracy and 2% WS damage, Stopped because I'm not sure about the +18DMG?

From what it looks like, +20DMG is the max augment for single-handed weapons, regardless of stone.

Quote:
Augmenting Weapons
Augments in FFXI are placed into "slots" on items. In the case of augmenting weapons from Reisenjima with Pellucid Stones ( P), Fern Stones ( F), and Taupe Stones ( T), there are 5 slots that are used whose caps and probability of occurring varies between the different stones. Those slots are:

Slot 1: Job-trait or "special" stats, like Physical Damage Taken
Forced to occur via Fern Stones.

Cap varies from stat to stat, and are increased by 1 when using Fern Stones.

Higher values are less likely than lower values. With Fern Stones, the probability of a maximum potency augment is approximately 3%.

There are 8 different augments for each armor that depend on the path.
"Off-path" augments (10% rate) manifest in the form of Physical Damage Taken, Magic Damage Taken, and Damage Taken augments.

Slot 2: +1~10 Base stat (60% chance of slot)
Taupe Stones raise the cap to 15 and force this slot
Distribution is flat. You are just as likely to get the maximum value as the minimum value.

The 3 on-path base stats vary based on weapon, but off-path augments are possible with a low probability (10% rate).

Slot 3: +1~20 Accuracy (60% chance of slot)
Pellucid stones raise the cap to 25 and force the slot
Distribution appears flat.
There are no off-path augments for this slot.
Form of Accuracy dependent on the path (ie. Magic path would have Magic Accuracy).

Slot 4: +1~20 Attack (60% chance of slot)
Pellucid stones raise the cap to 25, but do not affect the frequency.

Form of Attack dependent on the path (ie. Magic path would have Magic Attack).

Slot 5: +1~20 DMG (60% chance of slot)
Stones do not affect this slot.

Source: Arcane Glyptics Inscriptions BgWiki
 Phoenix.Audacity
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Audacity 2016-05-31 15:12:57  
If it was any good I would :(
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2016-05-31 15:25:20  

augment i got a while back the pdt would be better as wsdmg or crit dmg or almost anything but its still free pdt i guess.I used fern for this one.
 Seraph.Jacaut
サーバ: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-06-01 18:13:47  
whats the current rudras storm set thats being used? trying to upgrade mine. got 5/5 lustario all af/relic/empy 119 some rawhide etc
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-06-01 18:16:03  
Whatever has the most TP bonus, WSDMG, crit damage bonus, dex and str/atk on it, in that order.
 Seraph.Jacaut
サーバ: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-06-01 18:29:24  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Whatever has the most TP bonus, WSDMG, crit damage bonus, dex and str/atk on it, in that order.

thanks i havent played thf in a long time just trying to help my friend out with his sets~
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-06-01 18:33:46  
Np. Don't forget that you can now hit the - key while looking at the gear; many pieces now have a second and/or third page full of stats.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-01 18:47:05  
Seraph.Jacaut said: »
whats the current rudras storm set thats being used? trying to upgrade mine. got 5/5 lustario all af/relic/empy 119 some rawhide etc

Here's my current stacked Rudra's set:

ItemSet 344038

For unstacked I have Falcon Eye, Lilitu headpiece and Adhemar jacket+1

Also:

WShands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+3 Attack+3','Crit.hit rate+1','Weapon skill damage +6%','Mag. Acc.+7 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+7',}}
 Bahamut.Neb
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2016-06-03 17:20:02  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Seraph.Jacaut said: »

Here's my current stacked Rudra's set:

ItemSet 344038

For unstacked I have Falcon Eye, Lilitu headpiece and Adhemar jacket+1

Also:

WShands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+3 Attack+3','Crit.hit rate+1','Weapon skill damage +6%','Mag. Acc.+7 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+7',}}

Wouldn't Fotia Gorget and Belt be better for this set?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-06-03 17:21:27  
no
[+]
 Bahamut.Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2016-06-03 17:23:44  
Siren.Kyte said: »
no

How can dropping 20% WS Dmg not be better please explain?
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-06-03 17:44:46  
It's not 20% WS damage. SE is just terrible at writing help text.

It's just a .1 ftp increase each like the old gorgets/belts.
By Ulthakptah 2016-06-03 17:45:34  
Bahamut.Neb said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
no

How can dropping 20% WS Dmg not be better please explain?
It's not actually 20% WSD it's +0.2 ftp, really only best in slot for tp moves where ftp transferred across all hits. It's invaluable for moves like that, so it's not like they could change how ws belts and gorgets worked. However they should have used a less confusing tooltip or actually did both ftp and wsd.
 Bahamut.Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2016-06-03 18:18:41  
Well that is very Dumb on there part now I need to figure out what WS I can use the damn things on. Thanks for the info just came back a few months ago.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-06-03 19:11:32  
Evis, Exen and Dancing Edge
By Verda 2016-06-03 21:21:12  
Most THF don't use them but you can, and I think it's fun if rarely if ever practical or used, to add to Ihina's list: Last Stand natively (this one I've actually used when Domain Invasion dragons fly etc...) and depending on subjob choices ones which I know you can use according to the wiki: Tornado Kick, Raging Fists, Vorpal Blade, Fast Blade would all work well with Fotia.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-05 05:37:55  
Verda said: »
Most THF don't use them but you can, and I think it's fun if rarely if ever practical or used, to add to Ihina's list: Last Stand natively (this one I've actually used when Domain Invasion dragons fly etc...) and depending on subjob choices ones which I know you can use according to the wiki: Tornado Kick, Raging Fists, Vorpal Blade, Fast Blade would all work well with Fotia.

Last Stand is also usable for breaking Catuerae shields in Ru'Aun t1's. THF has access to all things to break the shield. I mean, Requiescat is far easier to do, but still, THF can do it!
 Valefor.Lazarus
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Lazarus 2016-06-05 13:28:18  
This is my current TP gear on thf. Any suggestions advise?
ItemSet 344091
Toutalis's Cape ACC/ATT and DBL att.
Herculean legs Triple Att. +4 some dex acc att

At this point I'm wondering if the dbl. att. on the cape is preventing me from taking full advantage of all the triple attack I have, with gear, merits, and latent its 40%. It might be better to put some dual wield on the cape or crit. hit rate instead.

The only other thing I would actively look for aside from overall +1ing the Adhemar pieces, might be to +1 the head, and swap Clotharius for erudite neck.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-06-05 13:40:26  
Triple Attack procs before double attack, so double attack isn't hurting you. STP would probably be the best augment, though.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-05 13:41:28  
Samnuha tights, herc boots with TA+4 or STP+6, telos obviously and change cape to STP and your own suggestion for erudite and you're pretty solid.

Now that I've had time to think about it our first two Ambuscade capes should be WSD and STP. I'm making my 3rd to be Dual Wield so I can more easily cap delay with only haste 2.

Edit: Figure a number cruncher might be able to help me out with this. BiS TP:

ItemSet 344092

Do you think TA+4 or STP+6 for boots here?

And I'll be looking at changing cape to DW cape and Kirin belt (if/when I get it) for haste 2 only situations. And then in this situation, would changing to Eabani over cessance, changing to a herc with DW or just dealing with slightly under capped delay be better?
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-06-05 19:13:59  
TA+4. I haven't compared them with a spreadsheet but I think this is what you want for low accuracy situations.

ItemSet 343470
[+]
By Boshi 2016-06-06 10:09:41  
Snaps's looks right. If anything it'd be telos to brutal but telos should win out
First Page 2 3 ... 138 139 140 ... 262 263 264