Picture Moderation?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Picture Moderation?
Picture Moderation?
By BarbaraWalters 2013-02-27 22:27:55  
Is there a reason one person is harassing everyone with screenshots every day and then deleting them afterwards with no moderation? It would seem this is the goal of this perpetrator, to agitate the local visitors of this site with lame screenshots. Perhaps they also have a right to post them, but it seems out of malice and not for traditional purposes. How does everyone feel?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-02-27 22:31:57  
Babs! I loved your Kim Kardashian interview!!!
[+]
 Phoenix.Radatz
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Radatz
By Phoenix.Radatz 2013-02-27 22:33:54  
Im sorry, Ill take down my screenshots... :(
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-27 22:37:16  
Moderators aren't going to tell the two players currently doing this to stop, because they aren't doing anything wrong.

The pictures that break the rules are rejected, and there have been a few so far, but the ones that have not aren't breaking the rules. A moderator will look at each screenshot and determine if it passes or not, and since the two players that are doing this aren't breaking any rules then they must accept them.

The only reason they keep posting them is because it annoys everyone, so they have fun doing it. If you really wanted them to stop then you'd stop giving them your attention. We all know that isn't going to happen, so they're only going to stop after they get bored of doing it.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-02-27 22:40:26  
Bad screenshots are being deleted after a short time...? How is that a problem?

I came here to say that I'm more harassed by stupid threads than I am by stupid screenshots, and yet I'm not complaining. Then I remembered that I complain all the time. :)
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-02-27 22:54:13  
If the mods did delete the pics posted by both of the people in question it would set a bad precedent. Do we really want a mod deleting things willy nilly just because they don't like them again? Have you thought about being less mad about the pics?
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2013-02-27 22:58:54  
i just skim past the crappy pics i see, and these persons in question don't have all that many pics lol.

i find all this uproar hilarious, even though i also agree the post are dumb.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-27 22:59:01  
I always seem to miss these pictures before they get slapped with 'pending approval'. What about them is creating sand in people's 'ginas?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-02-27 23:01:52  
BarbaraWalters said: »
Is there a reason one person is harassing everyone with screenshots every day and then deleting them afterwards with no moderation?

The problem fixed itself.

Kali explained it perfectly. Every uploaded image has to be approved by staff. If it is not approved, then it is deleted completely out of the system.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-27 23:07:14  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I always seem to miss these pictures before they get slapped with 'pending approval'. What about them is creating sand in people's 'ginas?
Just right click the thumbnail and view image, then change...

http:.//static.ffxiah.com/images/ss/sqtn/1234567890123456.jpg

to

http:.//static.ffxiah.com/images/ss/full/1234567890123456.jpg
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-27 23:08:52  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Just right click the thumbnail and view image, then change...

http:.//static.ffxiah.com/images/ss/sqtn/1234567890123456.jpg

to

http:.//static.ffxiah.com/images/ss/full/1234567890123456.jpg
Your helpful suggestion offends me. MODS SEIZE HER
[+]
By Smurfite 2013-02-27 23:10:12  
Shiva.Arana said: »
If the mods did delete the pics posted by both of the people in question it would set a bad precedent. Do we really want a mod deleting things willy nilly just because they don't like them again? Have you thought about being less mad about the pics?

^ this, ronix can be a tool, but some of his screenshots without all his paint drawings on them have been deleted, just because whatever mod has problems with him, almost as immature as some as Ronix's corny *** screenshots
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-27 23:13:08  
Smurfite said: »

^ this, ronix can be a tool, but some of his screenshots without all his paint drawings on them have been deleted, just because whatever mod has problems with him, almost as immature as some as Ronix's corny *** screenshots
Then he should be talking with a moderator to find out why they were deleted. If there was a reason for the screenshots to be deleted then there would be no other choice but for a moderator to delete them.

It goes for anything really, if you want to know why something was done, just simply ask instead of making assumptions.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-27 23:15:16  
>.> That's... it?...

OP, the real Barbara Walters would slap you silly for whining over that.
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-02-27 23:19:40  
For the op.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-02-27 23:22:47  
lol'd
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-02-27 23:23:45  

As a moderator, I can assure you I do not delete images based on personal preference. I look to see what rules it breaks. If none, approved. Simple as that. If an image got through, that's the whole reason for the report function is there for. Just because people can report it via "I don't like this content" doesn't mean, it's going to be deleted.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-27 23:30:29  
Aelius, I don't want to ruin everyone's fun for spamming report but...

If something is pending moderation, and you look at it and determine it doesn't break the rules, then why can it go back to pending moderation after you approve it?

Just seems silly that you have to keep going back to something to approve it over and over again, seems like a lot of unnecessary work because people spam report.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-02-27 23:41:11  
If something is pending moderation, and you look at it and determine it doesn't break the rules, then why can it go back to pending moderation after you approve it?

The reason it was reported for, is false or did not break a rule. Once the reports are dismissed, the reporters cannot report it again. Too many of false reports, the reporter loses their reporting privileges for a while.

Just seems silly that you have to keep going back to something to approve it over and over again, seems like a lot of unnecessary work because people spam report.

Right now, the screenshot reports function is seriously inadequate and I've expressed some opinion about it to Scragg. I understand that it does indeed take time to figure out what was re-reported and then do the same thing again. However, it comes with moderating. Can't handle repetitive work, perhaps moderation isn't in their future. ;p
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ronix
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Argile
By Quetzalcoatl.Ronix 2013-02-28 00:18:34  
Well....This is amazing. Arana what can I say "master piece". Ok back to being serious. Let me explain from the beginning. The first couple pics I did was just meant to funny and poke fun at some of the people that post "best damage" pics. I swear right after the first couple I got personal messages that said they were pretty funny and then I got some from what I like to call "ffxiah clowns" that called me names, cussed at me, called me gimp and everything in between. I wasn't even trying to act like I was better then anyone. You can ask anyone I play with or have met in game if they have ever had a problem with me. Now I do some crazy emote and stuff in game but have never been mean. I would do a couple here and there heck I even posted a couple plain SSs of LS drops and I swear its like a nuke went off in here. I got called out but some "ffxiah clown" some of the top players on thier server for some reason or another had a retard moment. Came at me like I had just killed their chickens. I wasn't calling anyone out they just lost it. I guess when your LS is ranked #1 over all you just can't post SSs of drops because people get jealous. Anyone can/does do the same stuff we do. So I just went back to doing the drawings again and started doing one or two a night just for laughs and I find it really funny how many people would just go nuts. Kalilla you are my new favorite person on AH. You hit the nail on the head!! The reason I deleted the SSs was some of them were pending approval and I just deleted them. I didn't really want to be like "some people" and have 100 "Big Damage" SSs all over their profile. In the end I do them for sheer enjoyment of doing them. I have a lot of people that find them funny, so I keep it up. Please if you think for some reason you need to send me a PM and then block me before I can response.....please save you time for more important stuff like leading your LS to greatness. However if anyone wants to talk gear, ms paint "haha" or wants to argue who can do what better please PM me. Also most of us are adults or should be or should act like one when arguing points like ADL kills or the correct gear. There really is no need for name calling. Thank Ronix
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-28 00:20:27  
tl;dr
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ronix
By Quetzalcoatl.Ronix 2013-02-28 00:26:53  
Ya I'm horrible at proof reading and well formatting in general

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2013-02-28 00:31:19  
If all the bad photos are taken away that means all the photos in response to the bad photos will be taken away. If that happens all we would be left with is fan art and cats!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ronix
By Quetzalcoatl.Ronix 2013-02-28 00:35:07  
Nope just saying thanks for helping.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-02-28 00:35:58  
hmm... I'm having images of future events close to "I don't like ____'s threads because of..." or "I just don't like _____'s images" threads in the future.

So I believe this thread has done it's purpose. Locked.