Option To Exclude Image From "recent Screenshots"

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Option to exclude image from "recent screenshots"
Option to exclude image from "recent screenshots"
 Kujata.Jennypoo
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: xial
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2013-02-25 12:41:37  
I noticed in the new screenshots that have been posted recently there's been a lot of bickering, some justified, some not. I'm not sure how this would work exactly, but my idea is this:

Please allow users an option to exclude image (or screenshot) from the "recent screenshots" list; I.e The image still goes into the screenshot archive, and can still be found by browsing through it; And also can be found by browsing the person's respective player(or item) page that they posted the image on. This is the current behavior, but I'd like an option to exclude uploaded screenshots from the "recent screenshots" front page list-the twelve thumbnails. I think if we could somehow do this it would cut down on the drama caused by uploads.

Again, I'm not sure if this is even possible given the current setup.. but I just thought I'd throw it out there as a suggestion ^^.

Thanks for reading
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-02-25 12:50:47  
From what i understand: the screenshots used to have to be approved by an admin before they'd be posted to the site (it got to a point where it was taking like a week after I hit submit before it got posted).

I understand that the admins keep getting busy with stuff or move away from FFXI (or some don't aclimate to the position the same or whatever) but couldn't we just say "this screenshot is clearly a photo version of a player warning or some drama ***" and nuke it before it ever even makes the page?

I know there's not exactly annual mod elections or whatever but maybe pick someone who's unbiased and has free time to be the "screenshot only mod"?

Dunno: I love the site and can't really complain (other than pchan still being able to post) but maybe something similar to that suggestion would alleviate things a bit?
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-02-25 12:51:58  
If you'd like, there are third party services that will host your images. That way you can designate exactly where you want your pictures to appear on the website, without having them show up in the screenshot section, or having to wait for approval.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-02-25 13:05:41  
Might as well remove screenshots all together.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-03-02 12:10:30  
This wouldn't slow down any bickering at all. The image would still be found and then ridiculed later.

The whole point of uploading screenshots is your triumphs, proof to others you do certain tasks, and hilarious moments. Gear is another thing but to constantly bicker who's better, who's right, who's wrong, who's weak, who strong... etc; is frankly, getting redundant.

Could possibly be getting revamped. I'd like to see it revamped but ultimately, it's up to Scragg.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-02 12:35:21  
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
The whole point of uploading screenshots is your triumphs, proof to others you do certain tasks, and hilarious moments
Not really. Many just take a screen of a good memory that only has any meaning for 2 or 3 people just to keep it on their own page, not for any desire to appear on the first page. And then people browsing the recent screenshots post things like "who cares about this". No one cares indeed, but they couldn't avoid making it appear there.