New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Relic +2 Corsair Gear
Relic +2 Corsair Gear
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-02-20 20:57:31  
I'm trying to decide if I want to invest in the +2 Hands and Feet. As I have both, and working on rest of the set.

Hands give snapshot, and look decent for Last Stand with +5 Agi +7 Raatk

Feet +2 look nice for Quick Draw, maybe even Wildfire? Don't have Armageddon yet, but I'd assume for.

The current Corsair guide doesn't touch +2 relic (least not what I've seen), so I wasn't sure if they weren't mentioned intentionally, or if better items were worth less effort, or maybe even they weren't better than what had been posted.

Thoughts?
 Cerberus.Meatster
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2013-02-20 21:53:42  
Alruna's Gloves will do you good for hands. For snapshot precast can go after Blood Finger Gauntlets. The fold augments kinda the only reason you would +2 the hands.

Feet are worth getting for wildcard augment (yay 100k wc shouts). Other then that it can be useful doing shots on nms that resist wildfire/fire and you are doing last stand on, like Qilin or something. When using wildfire the enhance qd from empy feet are hard to pass up.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-21 05:44:09  
Yes, I do talk about relic+2 in the guide. It's in "important gear" under the gearsets.
Hands are ***. Boots are very important for the augment.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-02-21 06:12:33  
I personally enjoy the snake eye augment on the legs more than anything else.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-21 06:14:00  
Well he didn't ask, figured he had them already.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-02-21 06:23:26  
Cerberus.Meatster said: »
When using wildfire the enhance qd from empy feet are hard to pass up.

af3+2 feet dont have to be used when you use wildfire for it to gain the added effect. You fire shot with the af3+2 feet then switch to thaumas(or af2+2 if you dont wreck nni) for wildfire

To add to topic, Id say just go for all the af2+2 augs for cor. They all come useful at some point. Some more than others(Legs/Feet/Head should be first focus). Seha's guide covers this btw, not sure how OP missed it :/
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-21 06:25:28  
Pretty sure he meant for QD, as in you can't ignore Nav boots when you use WF after it, otherwise Commodore are the best for QD damage.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-02-21 06:27:05  
Oh, i must have misunderstood the way he worded it.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-02-21 07:28:20  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Yes, I do talk about relic+2 in the guide. It's in "important gear" under the gearsets.
Hands are ***. Boots are very important for the augment.

Guess I should have been more specific as I didn't see them in any gear set for the things I would use them for. They seemed like decent enough placeholders.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-02-21 07:34:08  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Well he didn't ask, figured he had them already.

Nope.. don't have ***. Returned to the game with nothing. 90% of the replies I get about gear tell me to get stuff that's out of my reach :P. MY in game to do list is staggering.
 Sylph.Asleep
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Asleep 2013-02-21 19:05:57  
If you're looking for good placeholders, Empy+1 / +2 are obviously good....but yeah, I like some of the commodore+2 set...as stated, feet with augment is pretty tight