Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-28 11:28:22  
Blazed1979 said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
King's Justice -> Full Break -> Upheaval -> King's Justice -> Upheaval
Why is that superior to (really asking here!! don't fight!!) to
Uko's> Steel Cyclone>upheaval>Uko's Fury>Upheaval?

KJ is stronger when your using a Chango due to TP Scaling and Full Break applies Evasion / Defense down right before the big damaging parts of the SC. You can use SC instead of FB if you don't think your going to get any benefit out of it, and Ukko's over KJ if your using a Bravura or non-Chango GAXE.

Ukko's @ALL
2.0 1.0 1.0 (Extra hit)

KJ @1250 (Moonshade)
1.5, 1.0 1.0 1.0 (Extra Hit)

KJ @1750 (Chango + Moonshade)
2.5, 1.0 1.0 1.0 (Extra hit)

And you will frequently have Warcry up during this time for another 700 TP Bonus which does evil things to both KJ and Upheaval.

KJ @2450
3.9, 1.0 1.0 1.0 (Extra hit)
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-28 13:07:29  
King's Justice -> Full Break -> Upheaval -> King's Justice -> Upheaval
Why is that superior to (really asking here!! don't fight!!) to
Uko's> Steel Cyclone>upheaval>Uko's Fury>Upheaval?

KJ is stronger when your using a Chango due to TP Scaling and Full Break applies Evasion / Defense down right before the big damaging parts of the SC. You can use SC instead of FB if you don't think your going to get any benefit out of it, and Ukko's over KJ if your using a Bravura or non-Chango GAXE.

Ukko's @ALL
2.0 1.0 1.0 (Extra hit)

KJ @1250 (Moonshade)
1.5, 1.0 1.0 1.0 (Extra Hit)

KJ @1750 (Chango + Moonshade)
2.5, 1.0 1.0 1.0 (Extra hit)

And you will frequently have Warcry up during this time for another 700 TP Bonus which does evil things to both KJ and Upheaval.

KJ @2450
3.9, 1.0 1.0 1.0 (Extra hit)
Epic!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-08-03 17:04:28  
So regarding new items:

The Club/Axe look pretty good. Nice chunk of acc, dmg, and str on them.

Even the crossbow gives us an option to screw around with. (For older content that doesn't allow trusts.)
beryllium pick
beryllium mace

The cool thing is the club lets you use Hexa Strike.

Also what is really sad is the Scythe would give WAR cross reaper.. Not that Scythe would be worth using though. But it basically gives away Scythe DRKs most damaging weaponskill.

Looks like WAR got alot of new toys for each weapon class.

Also looking at it right now, Bery>Loxotic+1

Edit:

Neat I just made a +1 Pick

beryllium pick +1
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-04 09:38:49  
Digirbalag still probably your best Axe depending on augments, the new one seems really nice for DRK and RUN though.

Most of the Beryllium weapons seem to be ideal for jobs to use off-job weapons, like WAR on Club, DRK/RUN on Great Axe, NIN on Great Katana, stuff like that. The fact it's giving access to the EX Weapon Skills kinda outlines that.

And yeah Hexa is kinda nice on WAR. 30% STR / MND six hit, 1.125 copy fTP that can crit, on a job that multi-hits a lot, crits a lot and has a ton of STR gear naturally.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-08-04 13:29:16  
Surprisingly I am having the worst luck ever on Digirbalag. A friend just got his though and it looks nice.

I'm trying to HQ the club right now. It is incredibly fun to play with.

Hexa Strike also does really well with Dual Wield.

Edit: Club has been HQed. Hexa-> Black Halo does really well when I'm using Fencer.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-08-06 11:49:35  
what's are the cumulative totals for warrior gifts? making sure i have it all added up correctly since it's a pain in the *** to do it ok mobile.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-06 14:14:18  
WAR Gifts
Code
70 Defense 10 15 20 25
70 Attack 10 15 20 25
36 Evasion 5 8 10 13
36 Accuracy 5 8 10 13
36 Magic Evasion 5 8 10 13
36 Magic Accuracy 5 8 10 13

230 Fencer 50 50 60 70
10% Critial Hit Bonus 5% 5%
10% Double Attack Chance 2% 2% 3% 3%
10% Critical Damage Bonus 2% 2% 3% 3%
3% Weapon Skill Damage 3%
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-08 21:03:18  
Just did Kei using WAR instead of our usual RNG + SCH setup, was intense but definitely doable.

RUN
WHM
COR
BRD
GEO
WAR

Raging Rush -> Sturmwind for Fragmentation then Upheaval for Light and Upheaval again for Radiance. Try to stand at 4~5 feet and when you see it's HP drop to the appropriate percentages back out to 11 then run back in. Slow spikes suck so have entrust Indi-haste up whenever possible.
By Pankas 2017-08-10 17:36:13  
I saw people talking about SU3, so wondering what is the difference having and not having magic evasion, in other words if you need to choose between Souveran and SU3.
Not really interested in "it is situational" speech, as inventory space is important. Just want some intake from someone who tested both. Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-10 18:15:04  
Pankas said: »
I saw people talking about SU3, so wondering what is the difference having and not having magic evasion, in other words if you need to choose between Souveran and SU3.
Not really interested in "it is situational" speech, as inventory space is important. Just want some intake from someone who tested both. Thanks in advance.

Magic Evasion is extremely useful on anything you have a chance at resisting, CL140 and below. At CL150 the boss's magic accuracy is so high that you have a snowball's chance in hell of resisting it and the "Resist +X%" stuff becomes more useful as that's a straight percentage outside of Magic Acc / Magic Evade.

If you are just now rebuilding your WAR with no plans on doing super high end stuff, then I'd avoid the SU3 as a defensive set.

*Note*
There are some CL150 content that Magic Evasion is important in as you stack Barspells and Carols to provide near immunity to a paticular status ailment. WoC for example you use Barthundra + Barpetra + 2 x Thunder Carol + 2 x Earth Carol to make your meleee's nearly immune to the stun and petrify effects he likes to spam.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-10 20:00:36  
IS Chango worth making for actual use in anything that is not fodder?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-10 20:29:37  
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
IS Chango worth making for actual use in anything that is not fodder?

<.<

>.>

Chango is your best GAXE by a large margin. Great Axe has amazing Skill Chain properties and you can do extremely silly ***by making them. Great Sword on the other hand is only for spamming Resolution and has pretty bad SC properties.
[+]
By aigulfe 2017-08-11 23:14:51  
Yeah, I remember when I was considering doing Chango next.. I'd made like five aeonics for the jobs I actively played at the time and it was down to jobs I used to play before I took a 5-6 year break from the game... namely WAR, SAM and NIN. At the time, I was told if I wanted to be a serious WAR I should just make a Rag... but I did go ahead and get Chango (plus Doji and the NIN one) and havent looked back.

I think a good deal of the game population, or at least the ppl I seem to be around outside of my aeonic LS, drastically underrate these weapons. Drastically. I'm not the super experienced, big-time multi stepper that Sae is but I've seen that dmg and participated in it firsthand. The aeonics are capable of putting together SCs that the other REMs just can't. While I guess my Doji SAM doing Ageha > a bunch of jinpus is a bad example, the tp bonus and SC boosting properties of the aeonic made that really pop despite the lack of radiance or umbra involved.

Can definitely vouch for the Chango. I haven't made a Rag yet.. its on my to-do list but the Chango is definitely a big-time viable weapon.
By Afania 2017-08-11 23:23:44  
I don't understand people's obsession with ragnarok tbh. Chango does things that other REMA can't(ultimate skillchain), on the other hand Ragnarok is pretty equal to other GS alternatives in zergs. Chango is much bigger improvement to the job than Ragnarok, IMO.

aigulfe said: »
I think a good deal of the game population, or at least the ppl I seem to be around outside of my aeonic LS, drastically underrate these weapons. Drastically.

People still claim aeonic suck on OF too....even though majority of them are extremely game changing for the job.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-11 23:40:52  
Different tools for different situations.

Rag is an ultra high accuracy weapon that pairs very well with an extremely strong weaponskill attached to a STR mod and is boosted immensely by WAR's abilities. It's usually your best bet for WS spam. Great Sword just happens to have shitty SC properties and thus not so great at exploiting SC's. Great Axe has amazing SC properties but no WS's that are like Resolution. That is what makes Chango so powerful, it's amazing in the area where Great Axe shines the most, multi-steping SC's to exploit skillchain damage.

People just like to make youtube videos of WS spam zerg fights.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-11 23:49:47  
Thank you, I got an ear full from some one i respect not even 5 min after my post "If you wana know about chango, talk to me" next thing I know he is free hand ws'n and doing around the same as me with my ws macros... I felt dirty and used and Making chango now.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-08-12 01:53:42  
Afania said: »
I don't understand people's obsession with ragnarok tbh.
Zergs - People aim to maximize their own dmg, not the damage of the party. Ragnarok is pretty much the go-to weapon of choice for those situations, due to the benefits Saev mentioned.

Would I rather 5-6 step with GA? yes, its much more gratifying, does greater damage, requires a higher level of "skill"/"communication"/"coordination". + You get to see pretty colors.

Still, if you're serious about WAR, you have an end-game GS on-hand, always. Without it, in a party that isn't coordinating Skillchains, you're going to do less than the other WAR spamming resolution while you spam Upheaval. Even though recently I've actually seen some pretty crazy upheavals since maxing the ws set.
By Afania 2017-08-12 07:44:18  
Afania said: »
I don't understand people's obsession with ragnarok tbh.
Zergs - People aim to maximize their own dmg, not the damage of the party. Ragnarok is pretty much the go-to weapon of choice for those situations, due to the benefits Saev mentioned.

What I meant is, other GS such as Montante+1 or augmented reisen GS has higher number than Ragnarok with MS on my spreadsheet, and somewhat equal without. Since spreadsheet is known to has higher white damage than actual practice, there's a chance that it's Ragnarok is further behind than what we see on spreadsheet.

Ragnarok has higher acc, so it's not a bad weapon at all, nor it's my intention to bash it or anything. It's just a 150m weapon that can be replaced with something else with acc buffs for similar result, but chango can't be replaced by anything. Thus it seems like it's a bigger improvement to the job because of uniqueness.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-12 08:22:10  
Quote:
Since spreadsheet is known to has higher white damage than actual practice, there's a chance that it's Ragnarok is further behind than what we see on spreadsheet.

It's between Rag and a well augmented Zulf for the best Reso spam, Zulf can actually do higher average Reso's but there is a severe accuracy difference between them. What it boils down to is that they both will do about the same but Rag has the benefit of a lot of accuracy to compensate for WAR's B+ GSWD skill. That and the 14/10 crit hit rate increase synchronizes very well with WAR's naturally high crit hit damage / rate. It's one of the reasons I like to start with Sekkanomi Scourge.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-08-12 08:48:51  
whats the general ball park on crit hit rate and crit hit dmg in tp form in your sets Saev?
Also do you have a MS Reso set focused on Crit hit dmg+ or has that died out since VW days?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-12 09:05:39  
whats the general ball park on crit hit rate and crit hit dmg in tp form in your sets Saev?
Also do you have a MS Reso set focused on Crit hit dmg+ or has that died out since VW days?

CHR
5% Base
5% Merits
10% Gifts
14% Rag
1% Yetshilla
10% AM (for 60s)

35~45% normal CHR, BP raise's it to 75~85% if WC is already been used.

Crit Hit Damage

8% JT
10% Gifts
5% Yetshilla

23% CHD

Crit is one of those things you don't deliberately focus on, it's just a nice bonus. At capped Ratio a crit is worth 4.75/3.75 = 1.266, 26.6% increase. With 23% CHD it's 1.266 * 1.23 = 1.557, so 55.7% increase. Again it's nothing to base your gear sets around but it's still nice to have.

I used to have sets for MS Reso, just easy stuff to put in that had +Crit on them and didn't come with too much of an opportunity cost. I haven't done MS Reso is awhile though, practically everything I do now involves a SC setup. Next time I swing through the T4's for my next Aeonic (Triedge cause lolz) I'll update my sets again.
[+]
By Pankas 2017-08-12 14:23:10  
Thanks for the input Sae, really appreciate it.
Well i got SU3 set as it was space saver for me while maintaining other slots. What about resistance to status ailments? From reading into it i' d assume it would be resistance to all debuff spells? So magic evasion would only be useful for magic dmg spells, like ga spells etc?

Another question woul be how many ambuscade back pieces warrior requires and what would be priority?

Thanks again for the input guys
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-12 14:48:46  
Pankas said: »
Thanks for the input Sae, really appreciate it.
Well i got SU3 set as it was space saver for me while maintaining other slots. What about resistance to status ailments? From reading into it i' d assume it would be resistance to all debuff spells? So magic evasion would only be useful for magic dmg spells, like ga spells etc?

Another question woul be how many ambuscade back pieces warrior requires and what would be priority?

Thanks again for the input guys

Resistance is still needed as "Resist X" is a last ditch roll to ignore a debuff, works on most of them.

As for capes, you need several. One is STR WSD, another VIT WSD, STR DA and maybe even STR CRIT.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-08-12 15:21:41  
need base stats for all races as war/sam if anyone can help me out. adding tertiary weapons to my warrior simulation and other races besides taru and hume.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-12 15:30:18  
Elvann with capped merits in all categories.

STR 114
DEX 101
VIT 104
AGI 122
MND 113
INT 92
CHR 96

The bonus from merits is to your base right?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2017-08-12 15:43:11  
Galka full stat merits:

STR112
DEX104
VIT109
AGI99
INT89
MND92
CHR90
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-08-12 16:40:22  
Mithra full stat merits:

STR 106
DEX 112
VIT 98
AGI 107
INT 92
MND 89
CHR 90

(Elvaan having 122 AGI seems...off?)
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-12 16:42:38  
FYI Might strikes with Hexa Strike on war is Fun!
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-08-12 17:00:06  
Hume with full stat merits:

STR 109
DEX 104
VIT 101
AGI 102
INT 92
MND 92
CHR 96
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-08-12 17:03:26  
yeah club, pole arm and scythe are what i'm adding. it doesn't have an interface yet still so it isn't user friendly if you don't know python. i also am adjusting job abilities so they will only activate when needed like warcry before a weapon skill instead of on cool down and modify the aftermath is handled for some weapons. might add a way to have empyrean build up to am3 when aftermath reaches a certain time remaining since right now i only have it do am1 repeatedly since it overwrite itself but other tiers don't.
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 224 225 226