(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 ... 203 204 205
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-29 08:42:31  
how did you handle store tp bonus on the first hit alone and keeping the bonus hit a separate term from da ta and qa?
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-29 09:09:37  
According to the Raetic testing topic, the STP applies to all hits, not just the first.

For the multi attack, I calculated the rates of each number of hits manually and input them directly.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-11-29 09:21:36  
Odin.Geriond said: »
According to the Raetic testing topic, the STP applies to all hits, not just the first..

For the multi attack, I calculated the rates of each number of hits manually and input them directly.

Numbers still seems weird/off, can you post sets used?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-29 09:26:19  
the stp only applies to the first hit of a round, it’s just not a random proc like the additional hit is, it’s always active as long as you have the mp
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-29 09:39:14  
Not according to Snaps. He said it processes on all hits of that weapon.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-29 10:02:04  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Was able to borrow a raetic sword +1 for a bit and tested it. The Store TP effect is different than what I was expecting, but actually better. It procs on every single attack round for the first attack in the round. If you're offhanding it, it procs on the first strike for your offhand. The extra Store TP = MP Consumed/2 (half the double attack rate.)

as in it isn’t a random proc like the additional hit but the bonus store tp only applies to the initial hit
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-29 10:10:11  
I read that "every single attack round for the first attack in the round" as a confusing way to refer to the Raetic +1's swing and every hit spawned off of that swing (because he was dual wielding).
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-29 10:12:54  
if you qa then first hit has bonus store tp but the other three don’t. it’s just always active on the first hit of the round as long as you have the mp
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-29 10:14:49  
That is not the only way to read his comment. We'll have to ask him to clarify.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-11-29 13:37:16  
afheal said: »
How would a Mont+1 hold up in those calculations?
Monte nq is actually better cause the delay drops *** up xhits for 1stp more... Aza and I discussed it awhile back. Grab a Zulf or the raetic algol if no rema
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-11-29 13:39:55  
fillerbunny9 said: »
so I have started more seriously gearing DRK since capping CP this campaign. now, my jumping off point is coming from that of carrying over gear from my Warrior, so it's a bit more advanced than one of these posts usually is, and I want to be sure that I am doing this right. the basic impression I have received is to ignore an X-hit and swing for the fences on Multi-Attack, relying on SAM's Roll to lower your rounds to WS. with that in mind, I am using the following:

ItemSet 354644

Notable Augments:
Valorous Mail: Acc/Att +5, Quad. Attack +2
Valorous Greaves: Quad Attack +3
Odyssean Cuisses: DEX 8, Acc/Att +20, Double Attack +4
Ankou: STR 20, Acc +30, Att +20, Double Attack 10

so my question is, should I instead be balancing around a specific amount of sTP (I am getting a 6 hit right now, which seems incredibly long despite the screwiness that is Rag's delay) and despite the sub-par augments on my Disappointment Matter Valorous pieces, I am still at 1127 Accuracy standing in my Mog House. I do not currently own nor plan on getting HQ Abjuration gear, and I know that AF+3 legs look to be a beating for their DA+10 making them an obvious first upgrade (but will be a little while off while I finish getting cards to +3 my WAR body....). additionally, Flamma Ring seems like it would probably do more for me since I think Hetairoi is my only source of Triple Attack.

tl:dr - am I doing this right or gearing completely stupid?
Get enough stp that a decent Sam roll drops you one more hit, 5/6 hit should be good. I wouldn't mess with het ring as you have nicer options for either stp in that slot or niq/regal
By doniishu 2017-11-29 13:55:41  
Quote:
additionally, Flamma Ring seems like it would probably do more for me since I think Hetairoi is my only source of Triple Attack.

Flamma helm
By afheal 2017-11-29 17:16:12  
Leviathan.Vedder said: »
afheal said: »
How would a Mont+1 hold up in those calculations?
Monte nq is actually better cause the delay drops *** up xhits for 1stp more... Aza and I discussed it awhile back. Grab a Zulf or the raetic algol if no rema

Thanks Vedder. I have a rag and anguta and well rolled zulf, I was just wondering how the mont+1 would fair in comparison to the new MA weapons since its a permanent %5 TA without the mp penalty.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-11-29 19:10:15  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Was able to borrow a raetic sword +1 for a bit and tested it. The Store TP effect is different than what I was expecting, but actually better. It procs on every single attack round for the first attack in the round. If you're offhanding it, it procs on the first strike for your offhand. The extra Store TP = MP Consumed/2 (half the double attack rate.)

as in it isn’t a random proc like the additional hit but the bonus store tp only applies to the initial hit
I read it as only affecting the first hit of any attack round as well e.g. if qa proc the last three hits do not get the bonus
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-11-29 19:14:08  
Monte is nice I've used it for a long was time but I'm almost done cala now and my zulf has Augs strong enough to beat (Monte) it. Definitely looking at raetic once I can find out more about getting the rune algol and what all that implies

Might actually be able to finally synth my Ratri stuff now that I'm getting more free time lol
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-29 19:55:58  
Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »

I read it as only affecting the first hit of any attack round as well e.g. if qa proc the last three hits do not get the bonus
snaps confirmed this to be the case. if i wasn’t so lazy i’d finish my dark sim. work and classes are demotivating too. i still need some data as well like race and sub job combinations
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-11-29 20:38:29  
Galka drk here and have several sj open just let me know be happy to help with what I can
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-29 20:40:16  
I don't have any galka stats, and any subs people want. SAM and WAR are the two big ones, but situational ones like RUN or NIN would be useful to know as well.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-12-01 20:37:21  
Fallen's Sollerets +2's Last Resort +1 is the same as on the previous versions. The augment to Desperate Blows is the same as before, too.

IE, they're completely useless.
 Asura.Azagarth
サーバ: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-09 12:09:00  
As I sit around 6k~ hp on drk normally now for most events due to drain3 being full time now. I have started looking into using this earring more. Seems like an ideal choice for your DT/hybrid choices, just got to put logic at "low" hp in the lua, but not 100% sure how with this since It only activates <25% hp <1000tp.

Earring

Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2017-12-13 12:48:42  
Recently returned and need a bit of advice for body pieces as I've been seeing Valorous body in nearly enough every tp set. I'm probably not going to be able to get it any time soon so I've got a couple of options from when I was back last time.

1) Tartarus breastplate which is what I'm using now but no real DD stats.

2) Founder's breastplate that acc+11 and att+10 augmented but this has DA+3 already on it.

3) the Ambuscade ares body that's +1 buts it's got next to no haste on it that would put me at 2 under haste cap.

Is there anything else that I've missed that could be a good and easy to get for a TP set with plenty of acc? I'm also working on the AF119+2 body.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-13 13:11:21  
flamma body is an option if you just need a quick gap filler
 Sylph.Atigevomega
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2017-12-14 21:32:10  
OK so I am NOT lookig to start a drk vs blu debate, I want to make that very clear. I have decided I want to pursue a mythic, have been considering it for awhile, it has come time. I said long time ago one day I would have Liberator, time went by and I pursed my war to where it is now but I still have this urge to play drk. Right now I have limited my mythic choice to 2 of them, and I am very much struggling in my decision. Tizona or Liberator. My logical side is telling me Tizona for when i solo etc, but my not so logical side is saying Lib bc I just want one. So my question is, how does it change the drk playstyle? What does it bring to the table? I have AG Rag already and tons of gear so thats not to much of an issue. Opinions are very appreciated (I know this post is long but seriously im having trouble deciding this)
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-14 21:59:59  
It doesn't really bring much of anything to the table these days. The proliferation of very high amounts of multi attack has made it much weaker than it used to be; even putting aside how GSD is stronger than Scythe in the majority of situations, Anguta parses better than Liberator without needing to keep up AM3 anyway.

Other than for super niche uses (like the Qutrub Ambuscade, where Liberator was great because of attacking faster), and for fun, its best use is probably doing a Nether Void/Dark Seal Absorb for ~90 before switching to a different weapon, but it's not always worth the TP loss even then.
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2017-12-21 13:50:00  
Liberator isn't what it used to be, sure, but it's not junk.
Something that almost never see mentioned is that AM3 combined with 528 delay makes it the undisputed king of self-skillchaining.
SCs these days are no joke, and SC damage adds up even without magic bursts. Where Liberator really shines is in three to four step self-skillchains where you aren't getting interrupted by other DDs. Its a rare niche these days, but Lib is hands down best in it.

To give you an example, I've been soloing apex mobs with trusts lately, and with less than optimal WS gear one SC will take off about 70% of an Apex mob's HP, generally closing with a 38K darkness SC. I parse these solo adventures, and generally have a 60/40 split between my own damage, and my skillchain damage. Its gotten to the point where, when I do join JP parties, they ask me to solo mobs while the rest of the party fights as normal.

I generally do Insurgency => Entropy => Cross Reaper => Quietus for Gravitation Darkness Darkness. When playing with MBers, Entropy => Cross Reaper => Quietus for straight double darkness tends to make the mages happier.

Is Liberator the end-all be all? Not remotely. But it is fun as hell to play with.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-21 13:51:06  
If you have enough multi attack/STP, you can reliably (minus stuff like stun/terror/break) do 4 step self SCs with Anguta too, and it will do it better than Liberator due to having Umbra be available.
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2017-12-21 13:55:30  
Yes, but not nearly as reliably. Its like the difference between AM3 up and down for Liberator.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-21 14:56:09  
90%+ (minus badly timed status effects which will screw up Liberator too) is pretty damn reliable.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-12-21 17:37:34  
Been soloing Job Points with my Raetic Scythe, and I gotta say Im loving it.

The TP overflow is really nice for Cross Reaper too.
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 ... 203 204 205