Battle Trophies - I Don't Get Them.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Battle Trophies - I don't get them.
Battle Trophies - I don't get them.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2012-12-17 06:27:27  
I know these have prolly been out for awhile now, but I don't get it.

I can trade battle trophies for under stat-ed gear with underwhelming bonuses.... and that it?

Am I missing something?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-12-17 06:35:14  
lol
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-17 06:37:13  
They're just young. Give them some time to get out of these awkward teen years and I'm sure you'll be able to relate to them much easier. :)
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2012-12-17 06:45:03  
At one point, long before you came back, there were certain pieces from each trophy set that were pretty damn boss.

The body from the WHM/SMN set could get +14 Cure AND Refresh, effectively making Noble's obsolete, while creating one that SMN could equip. The body from PLD set could get some pretty BA damage reduction options. The legs from the DRG/BST set could get an unmatchable (at the time) amount of Haste. The legs from THF/NIN set could get some really high Evasion as well as a good amount of Ninja Tool Expertise. I recall the boots from the BLU/BLM set able to get Blue Magic Skill.

Just about all the pieces are outclassed these days, but at the time, some of them were top notch. Also, some make great stop gaps between gear upgrades. Also, keep in mind that these pieces all come free from day to day Abyssea runs. People love free ***.

Any way you slice it, "One man's meat is another man's poison". Use what you want because you want to use it and its readily available.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2012-12-17 06:48:34  
Guess I'm just playing the wrong jobs (DRK, COR). Thanks for the constructive reply <<.
By Aeyela 2012-12-17 07:17:00  
There's one or two items from it that are still decent. Haste +4 Legs can help a DRG without some of the 'amazing' endgame choices reach Haste cap. There's a body for COR that can get Snapshot +5 which, to the best of my knowledge, is still the best available for that slot.

Mostly they're useless, but there's a couple useful goodies hidden in there. It's just a shame we can't NPC the items so that we actually had a use for the majority of them...
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-12-17 07:17:48  
Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Guess I'm just playing the wrong jobs (DRK, COR). Thanks for the constructive reply <<.

the cor body is actually decent. you can get snapshot+5 on it, for a preshot macro piece.
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2012-12-17 07:31:06  
One thing you also need to remember is that these sets are all lvl 87. We have long since passed that to lvl 99. Its only natural that gear is going to fall to wayside as we progress.

Case and point; as useful as Monster Signa was early on for Bard, it eventually got trumped by Chanter's Staff at a later level. Then again by other options at higher levels. Nothing stays good/great forever.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-12-20 13:19:17  
Kokugetsu Sune-ate weren't bad either (for PUP). You could get something like ATT+4 EVA+4 Haste+3, on top of the base STR+2 ACC+2.
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2012-12-20 14:05:18  
Mederi Tam can get -2 song recast and 2 macc.